The online racing simulator
LFSCART Light Series 2013 Round 5: Race Discussion
Round 5, The Night Before The 500

Date: 28 June 2013
Free Practice: 18:00 UTC (20 minutes)
Qualifying: 18:30 UTC (45 Minute window; one outlap, two hotlaps, one inlap - fastest timed lap counts)
Race: 19:40 UTC
Race Distance: 64 laps+2 pace laps (90 minute maximum time limit)
Car: Formula XR (FOX)
Course: Kyoto Ring Oval (KY1)
Weather: Cloudy Afternoon
Wind: None
Can you guys handle 66 laps at 80mph?
Nope.

What's an oval and how do I do one?
Hahahaha RIP Joni.
Bump draft / normal draft allowed in qualifying anyway?
Quote from MonkeyHead :Bump draft / normal draft allowed in qualifying anyway?

Yes,it is,but it will be next to impossible considering you'll be alone on track!
-
(vipex123) DELETED by vipex123 : sexy
How about in the race?
bump isn't allowed in any LFS Cart ..
Quote from Eclipsed :Yes,it is,but it will be next to impossible considering you'll be alone on track!

I guess not since there should be one car at a time during the qualifying.
Sorry to everyone for attempting to race with such a slow and unstable connection. In insight it probably wasn't a good idea.
Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :Sorry to everyone for attempting to race with such a slow and unstable connection. In insight it probably wasn't a good idea.

Your car movement looked fine for me,but somehow you got a lag hit from me in T3...
Just watched the replay Rony, you were completely in my blind spot, I was already within half a car widths from the apex and you began to use the apron hence you span. A lift or tab of the brakes would have saved everyone a lot of hassle, but you remained full throttle and tagged my rear. I can only say sorry that I couldn't see you, but in a 6 car draft it's difficult to keep a tab on where everyone is at once, especially as an inexperienced ovaler.

Edit. You're gonna protest it anyways oh well sad you can't see a two way mistake when it's made.
You cut down so suddenly,I could not react to that,sorry,I don't have jetfighter pilot's reflexes. I don't know what FOV settings you use,but a bright green car was very well visible on your left mirror,while at that situation you did not had anyone on outside.
PS. I wrote that protest before I checked this thread,not that would influence anyway.
#15 - Emyn
Thanks to the drivers who had a draft with me, was pretty easy and clean. This was one of my first oval races, and absolutely the cleanest one. Had no damage at all, so I can only say thank for the clean race. I actually did enjoy the race, even though I expected a lot more incidents. However, it went cleanly and from my side also pretty successfully.

PS. props to Jesse for the last lap strategy.
Quote from Eclipsed :
PS. I wrote that protest before I checked this thread,not that would influence anyway.

You know its bad when you have to resort to exaggerations such as "suddenly".

And I'm sorry but jet pilot reactions? Are you kidding haha!! Drafting at that point was awkward because of #13 not able to draft at all. If your reactions are not good enough to react to a car with 3 seconds notice I don't think LFS is right for you, where you even looking around you? The body language of my car was always moving gradually towards the inside. I watched you on the replay, you broke and lift off in all other situations, why not this one?

I don't drive with left and right mirrors, ony rear mirror since my pc can't handle any more detail.

Long story short you hit my rear and didn't lift until you span.
Quote from Emyn :PS. props to Jesse for the last lap strategy.

:margesimp
Meh. I shouldn't bother with oval races.
Quote from vipex123 :If your reactions are not good enough to react to a car with 3 seconds notice I don't think LFS is right for you

Wow,3 seconds you say? If this felt for you 3 seconds,with your reflexes you could earn a fortune as an ice-hockey goalie! You should also take as note,that noone can keep everyones movements and predict their actions all the time,so all I saw was sudden move to inside,which I could not avoid.
Quote from vipex123 :you broke and lift off in all other situations, why not this one?

Because I did not expect someone from 2nd lane cut to lower lane after leaving place inside like you were aware of car that's passing in inside.
Quote from vipex123 :I don't drive with left and right mirrors, ony rear mirror since my pc can't handle any more detail.

If your PC is so weak,maybe online simracing isn't right for you?
Quote from vipex123 :you hit my rear and didn't lift until you span.

Obviously you're watching different replay,as in mine (were it actually shows my controls without any lag) I lifted right after the hit,which came too suddenly for my old-man reflexes.

PS. I'm going to sleep now,I don't want this end as a replay of days long Niki vs Joe words battle,where one of them got the most famous forum ban of last couple year.
Don't worry I'm not gonna argue and hurt your feelings Rony.

I'm just confused how you feel this is completely my fault? You say in your post that nobody can keep a tab on everyone's movements? I couldn't see anyone to the inside and so took the normal racing line. Well I couldn't see you as you were sitting on my rear left and my view was blocked by the car behind. Sure okay it wasn't 3 seconds, but it certainly wasn't a sudden movement and you had plenty of opportunity to lift off a little and slot behind like everyone else. I feel this is ridiculous because you could have backed off - and didn't and made me lose a lot of positions do I feel as if you owe me an appology which ofc I won't get. I just don't appreciate your attitude towards me after the race talking down to me as if you are some superior god of racing which lets race it you're not.

We'll see what the admins think but I feel it's a ridiculous protest since you could have done so much more to avoid the contact than me.
I actually took a look at this when I was watching the replay and there (in my own replay) it looks like clearly James' fault. He cuts quite quickly to take the inside line but there was a car already.

btw gratz emyni :bananalla
-
(vipex123) DELETED by vipex123 : Fucking lol
Had fun in first race back for nearly 2 years. Went from 4th to last to 5th then 13th and finish 6th so all fun and games I think top 5 was possible but not bad for my return

Hopefully will be back full time so looking forward to a proper road race
James - as you wrote before,you have seen my driving in other situations,I would do the same also in that situation if only I could react to it,as I don't care who is driving,I would not sacrifice my race just because it was you and I wanted so bad to protest you. I actually experienced similar situation one lap earlier from someone else in that group,where I escaped to apron from hit,as I had the chance to react and to avoid.
Also you said you could not see if someone is passing - how about keeping your line straight if you're don't know that someone is going for pass? That's actually why in real-life racing on ovals everyone has spotters to warn about cars in blind spots. Since it's next to impossible to get a human spoter in LFS (server connection restrictions,lack of manpower),there is a chance to use insim applications like Aonio,which is a great help for me to be aware of cars behind,making me a safer driver,since I'm using the very evil of all views.
Also I never announced myself as something superior,I believe it's just your felling,when someone like you,who wins a lot of races,has world records n'stuff,gets criticized by someone,who is usually a backmarker and hasn't achieved anything. You were saying that you're new to oval racing,I just agreed with you,as I did not get impression of experience,you weren't the only one of course. By the way - I was curious how the big one was created,and well,you,James,caused it by moving towards bottom with 2 cars inside...

Sometimes it was just frustrating to drive in group of 5+ cars and having 46s laptimes,when effectively working together you can drive a second faster,as often it felt like some are just fighting for position,while leading cars were more effective and pulled away. It's just my impression,in mind for todays race - I hope it's wrong.
Damn,I'm texting too much again... :/

LFSCART Light Series 2013 Round 5: Race Discussion
(23 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG