New to LFS
Been using PS3 with T500RS and GT5 only got windows recently so figured would try some PC sim racing....

Will try Cargame.nlS1 for newbie multiplayer...

See you on the track
welcome to lfs and see you on track

i race cargame alot so i'll probably see you arround
Hey, Guy and gals! i am new to sim drift/racing but i have been playing forza for the past 3 years. I am trying to figure out how to tweak my car and not have the slow stock cars. I would like help of send me to the write up(which i am sure there is but i cant find it) lol
Hi, i'm the alien and i'm very interested in racing, i downloaded the demo for LFS because i heard that it was the most realistic racing sim out there.
So far i have only played the demo but once i get more consistent in my lap times i will get a license .

I'm mostly interested in open wheel racing but my experience so far in the formula BMW has been quite bad, i keep getting launched by the kerbs.
( so now i practice in the first car)

The main reason i play this game is to inprove my irl driving skills because the first time i went karting i was shockingly bad... and going karting every week to practice is not an option.
-
hi (k_badam) DELETED by k_badam
Hey guys, I'm QuadCoreToaster. I've been playing LFS for god knows how long now, it's only been recently I decided to figure out the online and the forums and stuff. So yeah. :P Erm, I enjoy racing sims in general with LFS being my favourite in terms of physics; I recently played Forza 4 and fell in love with the customisation and tracks. xD Currently only have a Demo liscence because I'm not exactly the richest bugger about. Maybe one day I can get off my arse and set up a paypal account and buy an S2 liscence. So yeah, that's me and stuff. Oh yeah, and I'm Australian. Cheers.
Quote from Jertje :Hey, I'm new as well and I have a question!

I've had the game for about 4-5 days now, and I'm planning to buy the license soon, however I was still wondering how long it takes the average player to be able to drive laptimes of 1:33:XX (or 1:34 consistently)
I currently drive 1:35-36 consistently and my best hotlap is 1:34:84. (BL GP with a GTI, of course) I was just wondering how big the improvements are after this and how long it takes to achieve them ;D

Thanks in advance.

I am knew at this too as far as the the lap times it's got a lot to do with your skills. There are things you got to understand., it does not matter how much skill you got if your car is not set up right you're not going to hit those lap times over and over more than likely you will be wrecking over and over. And that will get you ban or punished for being a lagger. I paid for my license thinking this was just a game ( you know the kind you have fun playing ) with-in a week I was put on the ban list for wrecking to much or someone does not like being passed you can get voted off by one person? Before you invest your money do the research on car set-up's because you just might be paying for a license and find yourself watching everybody else enjoy there selves racing! These people take their racing serious and if your not leading your in the way and they will move you. But that a hole difference post. Enjoy? Once you got the right set-up for your car this game can be a blast (if not) your one skid away from being ban.
Quote from XXLeaDFooTXX :Once you got the right set-up for your car this game can be a blast (if not) your one skid away from being ban.

Setups are not that complicated as you make it look like, just 3 posts before THE WIZARD DK has posted 3 links from where to get setups.
But even with bad setup it is possible not wreck all the time
Still not a game that you get good at "within a week": so if you jump right into a full grid of GT cars but are unable to do one lap without spinning, that might cause some anger.

Quote from Jertje : I currently drive 1:35-36 consistently and my best hotlap is 1:34:84. (BL GP with a GTI, of course) I was just wondering how big the improvements are after this and how long it takes to achieve them ;D

No idea how long it takes to improve (I am still waiting for it to happen) but that time is ~2 sec slower than record, which is not too bad. In public server or beginners league should be enough for finish in mid-field.
Hey guys, im Xerox. Im a drifter on FM.net aka Forza motorsport (GT: SJD Xerox) i can drift realitively well considering ive had it a week. I use a FANATEC GT2 with clutch pedal and shifter.
Hi
Hi all I am new ... still in demo mode/trials lol... at this time, finding my way around .. hope to race online soon.

Regards
Dave
New as well, still learning
Hi All,

Been doing the demo for a week, then bought the S2 license. Still working on Blackwood GP - felt comfortable with the XF, now working on getting smooth with the XR. Game is fun and challenging, probably won't go online until I get better, though.

Like the forum, got some good advice by searching around.
Hello everyone

I'm new in Live For Speed, I bought it in 2011 but i play only 1 week because i had only a keyboard, but now I have a G27 and it's much much better.

I'm a beginner, no driving skill and I hope I will progress ^^.
Hi all!
Hi all! I am newbie here and me and my friend are looking forward for creating team. So we need some little bit info about events and think like that.
Hi racers!

I'm Justinik. I'm playing LFS since January, still demo version. I don't care that I haven't got S1/S2 license yet, because I'm playing LFS just for fun but I think that one day I will buy S2 (or even S3)

- Justinik
greetings to all new lfs'ers. best of luck with your new found hobby
Hi To All users
Help please!
Hey guys!
Ive downloaded the demo version 2 days ago, so now Im practising on Blackwood with the XF Gti. I don't know why, but i just can't be as fast as the others on online servers... Here is a small video, so please help and tell me where do I (and why) loose so much time!
Thanks!
Ans here is the video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Be7G7MNSsQ0
Hi guys new to racing sims on PC, Using a G25 and just learning the ropes!
Old Player
Hello All,

I'm not new to the legendary game :lfs:, since I played it about a year ago. I got bored and stopped because of my lack of system requirements... But recently I just discovered the feature to edit the game contents (skins). :banana: I got excited and discover it even more! Although pretty young (12 years old) to be in the forum, I'm sure to be a great contributor to this forum. Check out this latest skin that I made for a little image of my talent!

PS: I'm pretty sure I will be pretty quite in the forum, nor on track...
I'm currently a keyboarding demo player, hopefully with S2 soon. And a much better PC and setup in general.

I'm also a programmer and contributor to PRISM.
ohai
Hi, name's Ray Krieger Salorzano, i love racing games, and i had been playing them from the tender age of 3, i began playing simulators with Gran Turismo 3 A-Spec, ever since, i grew up and liked the racing stuff that people is talking nowadays, i usually use wheels as they allow me to get a more realistic control over the car, so i bought a Logitech G27.-

I had been racing for a while on the game, starting with the XFG in 2012, left the game after some time, some months later, i came back, at the same day to start driving the XRG, i got the hand of it that i even made a pb of 1:33.7x (Wich was dumb luck) as it happens, but i still need to train as i only get to very low 1:34's.-

I like to give way to drivers when they need to pass me, in fact, several people raced me from time to time (I'm talking about forum regulars) to avoid accidents, i usually join AA or other racing servers (Sometimes cruise when i'm really bored).-

I can't buy S2 license (Wich is what i want to) because of country economy (Guatemala) being at it's worsest at times, plus doing money transfering here being controlled by muggers and all of that, sure, i could use money order or some international thing, but it's still expensive, and it's not the right time to do that.-

K, that's all...
Hello Krieger, Thanks for the story to read Sim racing in general is fun and LFS is one of the best to get you going. Times are one thing, racing is another.

Good luck mate.
Well I'm new I'm from Portugal,I'm playing LFS for like one mounth (demo) d: learning how to drift Trying to buy S2 soon too.
Quote from WiKiPT :Well I'm new I'm from Portugal,I'm playing LFS for like one mounth (demo) d: learning how to drift Trying to buy S2 soon too.

Boas wiki,

Bem vindo,

se tiveres alguma duvida ou precisares de alguma coisa apita!
Hey
Hey!!
New player from Norway here..

Just wanted to say hello... Nothing special to tell about me

Bought a G25, and downloaded LFS right away!

New players say hi here
(3706 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG