The online racing simulator
Sound of F1 2014
(41 posts, started )
Sound of F1 2014
That's exactly the same sound of me making myself a smoothie.
I'd rather F1 sounded like a Vitamix to be perfectly honest!
In before "never watching again, RIP F1" comments.
Quite disappointing to be honest. Sounds like a damn mixer.
Not sure though if this clip gives the best possible image: quite short, on what gears is it in anyway and long fadeout in the end.

To me anything above the current IndyCar engine (a bit lower revs and more displacement vs. F1 '14) is a plus, but I guess my expectations were/are more realistic :rolleyes:
a lol you should hear tuned up Nissan GTR engine to 15k revs
Not quite as bad as I was expecting, really, but it was always going to quite bad. It's never going to scream with a turbo, no matter how high the revs.
Double KERS output, and KERS anti-lag too. It will be interesting, I suppose.
I heard V6 and a turbo, what's not to like? The audio clip itself is quite short and sterile, but if they wont use very muffled exhausts it should sound quite spectacular.

Altho I've never been fan of the modern type of supernaturally high revving F1 engine so that's probably why I'm more curious than skeptical.
Sounds like an IndyCar, obviously.
I am good with a sound. I am not really skeptical about this.
We'll complain for 2.1 seconds, like after every rule change. Some will make a point of complaining for a couple of seasons, but continue to watch it just as avidly anyway.
I prefer the engine because it brings a engine development war with it.

Besides the sound of it in person would be much different anyway.
Will there be a difference in power? Or will it be minimal?
Quote from Cornys :Will there be a difference in power? Or will it be minimal?

Maybe less, but with a development war it should increase, just depends how long they will allow development go for before they freeze everything to make it spec again.
Better than I expected, IMO sounds a bit like a muffled old-fashion V12
don't forget that this was probably recorded in a small, tiled engine dyno room, with the headers pointed into an exhaust funnel thingy

the new engines will be a lot quieter, due to the turbo and the KERS turbine. But thats not a bad thing, todays F1 engines are painfully loud anyway.
#20 - aoun
I love the F1 isn't the same anymore.

V6 engines? YOUR KIDDING?

Back in my day, we had mighty v12 engines, that separated the boys from the men!

I think people forget that racing is racing. Who gives a shit if they renamed F1 as formula pink pony power parade with v4 n/a engines. Racing, is ****ing racing!

But if we are talking which engine sounded the best, then ofcourse the v10 era! But how shit was racing back then according to everyone? Other than when Montoya v Kimi V Schumi was racing.

Maybe someone with an expert mind can clear this up, but being very SIMPLY minded in mechanics and what not, I see it as abit less power = closer racing, and with increased KERS, would be = increased overtaking. Isnt that what we want?
Quote from aoun :I love the F1 isn't the same anymore.

V6 engines? YOUR KIDDING?

Back in my day, we had mighty v12 engines, that separated the boys from the men!

This is of course even funnier considering that back in some even earlier day, they did use V6s.
Prefer my own car, which is a bit of a sad state of affairs for F1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIq-QL69xqU

But then I guess that this is the way of the world these days. Downsized turbos are taking over the world - listening to the new M5 v the old M5 is a similar story. We should see some interesting developments in turbo technology, not aurally though.

We'll get used to it very quickly though. Don't recall watching F1 in the early 80s thinking it sounded shit. Remember how mentally ridiculous the cars looked in 2009 with the new rear wings and massive front wings? Things have slimmed down a smidge at the front I think but it's normal now, if not as good as the old days.
It's what we have and we should enjoy it... people will watch it anyway if there's not a winning streak by redbull like schumi in the ferrari.
Quote from Rappa Z :Sounds like an IndyCar, obviously.

Indeed, and I like how the IndyCar engines sound.
Moar flames pls.

Sound of F1 2014
(41 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG