The online racing simulator
Post your Car two
(2437 posts, started )
Blueflame against the world again...
#977 - Dmt
Soo, anyone have though of having fresh air in the car?

Yep, changed mine a while ago too
Quote from BlueFlame :The halfords ring spanners always break and so do the open ended ones. If you're just doing jobs around the house, they'll suffice but hard labour on a car or engineering job and they'll all be dead by the end of a week.

It's not so much the quality I have a problem with, but the price of that quality. You can get cheaper tools and kit from somewhere like Machine Mart and the quality is 10 fold.

Bullshit. If you break tools you're using them badly (usually when impatient and strike them with a hammer). I have used all manner of tools from super cheap unbranded stuff to Snap-On bells and whistles none of it has ever broken on me. The key selling point really is life time guarantee, which is what drew everyone to Snap-On (only exception is their war time tools which were never issued a guarantee, but sought after by collectors). But now everyone and their mum does life time guarantee for anything but consumables (that is windy guns, chisels, impact sockets, etc.), you can buy smarter and still have peace of mind. That said, some of the bigger dollar brands are slightly slimmer which is an advantage on modern vehicles where space is an absolute premium.

It is more about willy waving when you rock Snap-On kit. It is useful if you're in the trade because the Snap-On vans will come right to your workshop and you can put things on credit. My old boss uses to pay £100 a month every month just to build credit with the dealer, so more often than not he could just take stuff off the van he liked, which is a service few other companies offer.

I used to do it in reverse, get a product I liked then pay it off monthly. Although since I spin spanners a lot less now, I tend to get Draper Professional as beyond a slightly less smooth finish and a tad bulkier, the difference is almost non-existent, but the price difference is striking and I can grab them from a local store. All tools have life time guarantee (excluding consumables), so I am happy.

You might be wondering why I still buy tools if nothing broke on me? Because it is the best way to build a good tool box, I started with a small 3 draw chest, I now have a large roller cab. I have thousands of pounds worth of tools, picked up slowly over the last 4 years.

But I digress, Halfords Professional range are good pieces of kit and if you can get a trade card, you'd be a fool not to use them.
Oh noes! Was driving home for lunch today and while I was driving the exhaust pipe behind the back box broke off. Now it sounds like a chav
Pssh, Aircon and cooling is overrated........

There is nothing wrong with the halfords professional stuff!

I've only managed to break one of the small extenders. I have done plenty with this kit

Small clip from my turbo bimmer today, nothing too wild.. has a very rough megasquirt VE map.. and on wastegate pressure (8psi)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qunhGTOtog
Quote from doyal :There is nothing wrong with the halfords professional stuff!

I've only managed to break one of the small extenders. I have done plenty with this kit

Did that breakage involve a hammer by chance?

Is it just me who gets annoyed by most Fisher Price My First Tool Kits that say 100 pieces but you only get about 60 usable because the other 40 are all imperial tools that have no real use?

T'is why I've had to build my tool kits in bits, I only work with vehicles using metric so have no need for a shed load of imperial bits and bobs.
Quote from P5YcHoM4N :
Is it just me who gets annoyed by most Fisher Price My First Tool Kits that say 100 pieces but you only get about 60 usable because the other 40 are all imperial tools that have no real use?

I find that very helpful actually, my capri is about 60% metric and 40% imperial!! So having the mix of both means I'm not having to buy 2 different sets.
I love the part where everyone is fighting about tools.

Like, seriously guys? :')
Bose, they are just a bunch of tools.

Ba-dum-tss.
Quote from robt :I find that very helpful actually, my capri is about 60% metric and 40% imperial!! So having the mix of both means I'm not having to buy 2 different sets.

True enough, for you weirdos with your backwards cars, imperial is handy. For those of us who use Roman Catholic, metric all the way.

brap brap!
can u UK ppl help me out here a bit? Basicly i am looking for some proper online tune company for my bimmer as i want to buy a lightweight flywheel for the time when my clutch goes,so im ready for the job. i have yet to find any promising one,ok maybe 1 (driftworks) but im not sure. halp
Yep, Driftworks is good. I have that one myself and no complaints what so ever. Very very good costumer service also!

The M3 is up for sale.
8500€ takes it away.
#991 - Dmt
RIP Георгий Тевзадзе

His friend was behind the wheel, friend escaped with life, but Georgi did not.
Ah, finally. About time that idiot went to hell. Hope his other idiot friend didn't hurt anyone.
He didnt drive and died? Must be a vid of the accident
God has listened to me. RIP car. I hope none else got hit during this. I hope all of his retard friends were in the car.
Karma is a bitch... I can only feel sorry for the M5.
what exactly apart from driving stupidly on the streets did he do wrong?
You make it sound like he's some mass murder.
He endangered a lot of other people by driving like a complete retard. This was bound to happen and I don't feel sad about it.
RIP Georgi

In other news - latvian cops are fa***ts I don't know why, but they doesn't take bribes anymore... Got my first official speeding ticket in 4 years time - 85eur for 91 in 50 zone
im sorry, but who?

Post your Car two
(2437 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG