The online racing simulator
Tag Race, Old Skool
(39 posts, started )
Tag Race, Old Skool
HI all,

I thought I would just post this, to see if there was any interest in an event that has been done in the past, and proved a lot of fun.

Basically its a team race with a game of "Tag / It" in the middle.

You can view a video here done in 2004 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Ura8xwwhlc

Obviously now as have damage and also speed restrictions in the pit lane, so no "punting" people up the pit lane.

I would have enough slots for 20 drivers, 10 teams of two.

Anybody interested?

Regards

Fordie
I would be able to get 2 teams for you
Interested. Done few of those races and was great fun. Just timing here will be crucial.
#4 - OTone
This is really nice!
Sounds good mate, put me down for a team
This looks fun, count me in, maybe with some teammates as well :-)
I'm in.
Thanx Guys for all your interest.

If possible, I will do this Sunday night 23rd June. There isn't many rules, the usual, but its the pitlane I need to look at. I am leaving Early doors to work away in Liverpool tomorrow, so won't be back until Friday, so might set a test server up Friday / Sat night.

Looking forward to it, as it is just so much "fun"

Cheers

Fordie
#9 - Sobis
Damn looks really really fun, but I have PC problems and I'm not sure when it'll be fixed

E: no Gerben, our fixing method doesn't work
Looks fun, count me in also
Will try to be there
Sunday night won't work for me saturday tho would be almost perfect.
Remember that Le Mans is being held this weekend, so it might not be the best choice of date.
I know this is late, but just wondered if anybody is about and would like to test. I will setup a test server in 10mins, with private password, as got back from Liverpool tonight?

Cheers

Fordie
Can pop in for a bit mate
pw sent
Me and Gav have just tested the format, and it works a treat

So going to open server to public, but PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

Listen to the instuctions, to make it work

Hopefully see you there

Fordie
Would be helpful if you pick a team mate, but not required, as you can be teamed up when you join
Jeez this is old school, I remember doing an enduro on BL1 in the MRT like this, I forget what league it was. We broke the engine while 'tagging'.
Hi Jack, I am afraid, that while I opened the server, we have some impatient people join, got bored and just wanted to race, so I quickly closed it.

I know for a lot of us, its simple instructions, but for the few, its causes problems, which is a shame.

Blow an engine, how on earth LOL

Shaun
Rules and Instructions, cannot get easier than this
OK you need at least 4 drivers, two teams of two, makes sence

4 Laps are set.

you need to decide a solid colour, both you and your team mate

Next step you need to decide who is going first. You team mate, DOES NOT JOIN THE RACE !! this is important

The first team drivers join, and the second drivers, just wait..Once the green light has gone, the 2nd drivers join and sit in the pit lane, just outside the box ( otherwise it will reg you as pitting)

The first drivers do 2 laps, but before they complete the 2nd lap ( going over the finish line for third lap) they pit instead, adhering to the pit lane speed limit, and "tapping" their team mate.

This driver then does the same, driving 2 laps, and not going over the finsh line for a 3rd lap, but pit and "tap their team mate

This driver, then drives his 2 laps, and completes the race, resulting in a team winner

See the attached reply that me and Gav done tonight in full. You can press Tab to view me and visa versa

I hope this explains things, and as you can see its really simple concept

Regards

Fordie
Attached files
AS2_race_4L_1R_1F.mpr - 244.1 KB - 120 views
Anybody ( patient people ) HA HA up for some tag racing tonight?

I could add another element, multi cars. I.e driver one has GTI, driver 2 has GTR or LX or what ever?

Just an idea

If so will open my server later on. Will have to be pass-worded though, if not would experience what we did the other night

Fordie
Server is open is anybody is interested
Ffs i totally forgot about this
No you haven't Kamo, I just opened last night to see if there was any takers, but can still run tonight

Fordie

Tag Race, Old Skool
(39 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG