The online racing simulator
Well, can't a virus from D do some harm to C? That's what I meant.

Also, I don't have any account that could make me lose any money on this computer, so I mostly don't care
Quote from matijapkc :I have AVG

Quote from matijapkc :have AVG

Quote from matijapkc :AVG

There's your problem.

AVG couldn't catch a virus if it carried a huge sign saying "I AM A VIRUS!" and felated your pet dog.

Kaspersky is currently the best AV software out there* and they have plenty of free cleanup tools, plus I believe a free version or you could rock a 30 day trial.

* Based on independent testing here. AVG is worse than Windows Defender.
I have AVG Free.
No problem for 10 years.
Ratings widely fluctuate every year and are different for every independent tester.
Quote from CheerioDM :I have AVG Free.
No problem for 10 years.
Ratings widely fluctuate every year and are different for every independent tester.

AVG has always rated below the magic marker (that is, native AV solution). It is also resource heavy compared to solutions with better detection rate. Ratings also fluctuate every update. Sophos for example once pushed out an update that thought every piece of update software was a virus, including Sopho's own update programme. As you can imagine this caused some grief when you have 5,000 machines installed with the software.

Viruses aren't all out there to cause havoc anymore, they tend to be geared for data mining and data farm operations now. Things like AVG miss this and because modern viruses don't carry a flag saying LOLOL I INFECTED YOU! The vast majority of users are unaware there is even a problem. We've come across this time and time again with some of our clients who refuse to move away from AVG because it is cheap (business environments).
Quote from matijapkc :Thanks Wait for Dustin and his response: Macs work perfectly and never make funny noises...

There's no reason to continue trying to convince the forum to switch to Mac's. Everyone is brainwashed and set in their ways and aren't open to new and better experiences. I'd rather not make 200 posts trying to convince them otherwise and then get a few infractions for calling them retarded.

Much easier to just not bother, because basically everyone on this forum has such a hate for Mac's, that they use faux-truths to supplant their own points of view.
Why would Kaspersky be the best antivirus. Why not Eset, or something totally different. You're talking stats from web, I've had Kaspersky and Eset myself and Nod32 is absolutely top from my personal use. Had used it on couple of notebooks which were totally full of balast, always had better results with Nod32 removing it.
avast ftw
Brains and common sense ftw.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :There's no reason to continue trying to convince the forum to switch to Mac's. Everyone is brainwashed and set in their ways and aren't open to new and better experiences. I'd rather not make 200 posts trying to convince them otherwise and then get a few infractions for calling them retarded.

Much easier to just not bother, because basically everyone on this forum has such a hate for Mac's, that they use faux-truths to supplant their own points of view.

Such an argument, if pushed forward, inevitably leads to mentioning other niche-for-consumer OS environments. GUN/Linux family, xBSD family, BeOS/Haiku...

And it gets interesting because now there are many, many ways to call each other retarded.

Except it doesn't. I don't think anyone in their right mind could seriously advocate Linux, BSD or other non-OS X Unixes as a suitable desktop OS. There's no mature set of applications for KDE or Gnome that would allow a person to switch properly. Maybe there's portions of the set, but not the full kit.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG