The online racing simulator
2013 Kyoto 500: Practice Session 6
Practice Session 6 for the 6th Annual Kyoto 500 will be the following:

Monday, 17 June 2013
Official Free Practice: 30 minutes starting at 17:30 UTC
Qualifying: 30 minute window Starting 18:05 UTC
Race: 60 laps + 2 pace laps (62 total) starting 18:50 UTC

ONE COMPULSORY GREEN-FLAG PITSTOP. NO SERVICE REQUIRED.

If more than 30 attempt to qualify, the fastest 30 will get through to the race.

THREE-WIDE START WILL BE IN USE DURING THIS AND ALL PRACTICE SESSIONS WITH A RACE SESSION.

Discuss!
would be nice when the safetycar driver show the pit entrys with ts commentary before the start
there are lots of lines and pylons thats all a bit confusing
thanx
Quote from SpielTrieb :would be nice when the safetycar driver show the pit entrys with ts commentary before the start
there are lots of lines and pylons thats all a bit confusing
thanx

Situation A: Green Flag

You enter the pitlane BEFORE turn 3.

Situation B: Safety Car deployed

You enter the pitlane AFTER turn 3, but by passing through the purple cones (comitment line).
will be there this time
lol finnssss
sorry for the crash under SC everyone
Ok guys, apparently I suck in the draft.

What do I need to do to be less sucky!
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Ok guys, apparently I suck in the draft.

What do I need to do to be less sucky!

overtake at the end of teh straight by getting a nice draft on the straight. overtake on the beginning of the turn. also I noticed that when I was was drafting with you you tend to 'block' at the end of the straigt. might not be on purpose but you have to take one higher line so the one behind you doesn't lose speed by overtaking you. that way you are both faster.

hope I helped
also helps to know that the draft is unrealistic in LFS unlike in other simulators.
iRacing simulates this better
Well, I'm ok with teh decision from deko, my tire warming was uite dangerous, i know.

But I never ( out of my view ) caused a crash. I tried to stay safe...
-
(dawesdust_12) DELETED by dawesdust_12 : To save deko's sanity
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Practice Session 6: Race
Lap 23 (Leaders 24) @ 21 minutes in T3
Cars: 25, 69
In the final corner, car #25 who is following #69 drops a wheel on to the apron, which causes him to slide up and spin #69 car, contacting him in the left rear tyre. Incident was avoidable if car #25 lifted after clipping the apron.

I do take partial responsibility as midway through the corner, I break loose a bit and slide up, then upon recovery come down the track slightly. However on corner entry, I've committed myself to the low line, and even after I slide up, #25 has the ability to lift for a fraction of a second to avoid contact.

Im sorry about this, I told deko when it happened that it was my fault.
-
(dawesdust_12) DELETED by dawesdust_12 : Lets save Deko's sanity.
Quote :Drivers of Cars 25 and 78 are officially given praise for excellent control and recovery of the slides.

I love you too deko

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG