The online racing simulator
LFS UK Kart Meet 2013
(271 posts, started )
Holy shit Bob! Never tasted those things before but heard great things about them!
Aye, I should rename this LFS international Kart Meet
Just been looking dates again and actually I'm going to the Celica meetup in a completely different month. I'm going to ask my friend if he's wanting to come, and maybe I will just take the astra down there (if I do come then will have two seats. I live at Scottish Borders and could pick people up at carlisle train station if needed)
Great, let me know asap
Sounds really good fun

Not able to take part this year but definitely target to be there next year. Will take my son Joni (lfs user jsrk) also if he can take part on Karting driving (turning 16 only after next year event).
We will be coming from South Germany so der butz and others we can plan a trip together possibly with a car :auto: for next year event.

@B2BS you are so near there so just go , You can also report later is it safe for us to take part

- jkat -
@ victor, please send email address as pm's are blocked
jkat you're from Ulm?? Great, I'm originally from around that area (heidenheim)!
might be fun yelling "Wir sind Schwaben und Ihr nicht" in the middle of the beautiful Welsh countryside ;-)
can depart at 9 on friday and I HAVE to be back for work on monday morning, but still i would drive rather than taking a piss plane with next to no luggage space, comfort or dignity.
So if you decide to do a funny road trip, driving 2500kms on one weekend plus karting AND drinking, let me know asap. I'll book my flight in 3 days.

greetz

der butz
@der butz yea currently Ulm is my hometown, almost 2 years now. This year suffering some heavy floods but luckily not so bad in Ulm as many other cities in South Germany.
Sorry if I was misleading you towards this year event. I was already thinking year 2014 event as not able to make it this year.

What comes to year 2014, car would be an option but I would reserve a week rather than a weekend for the whole accation.

Anyway have a blast this year but no stupidities so that Turkey will continue arranging it in future also

- jkat -
There's a chance that my day job are going to organise an indoor karting session in the coming month, which means that I might actually have some "practice" before hand. Oh the shame.

Usually I just turn up for this race each year and collect the trophy, but if I do go to this other thing then even though it's indoor, I will still feel dirty when I win.
Quote from Becky Rose :There's a chance that my day job are going to organise an indoor karting session in the coming month, which means that I might actually have some "practice" before hand. Oh the shame.

Usually I just turn up for this race each year and collect the trophy, but if I do go to this other thing then even though it's indoor, I will still feel dirty when I win.

You'll be fatigued from the other and will finish dead last in this one!
I'd like to formally express my interest in this. I can't quite pay yet so feel free to keep me on the possible list, but I've pencilled the day in my diary.
Just caught up on this thread, and I am gutted as I am away the 5th - 10th August with the wife, and the only week we have together due to work so cannot afford both Esp that Jan is coming over:banghead:

Think I might start planning one for next year

How does this sound for you all? http://www.thruxtonkarting.co.uk/

Nice and central in the UK

Fordie
Ummm, its £3850 + vat for the day, that plus accomodation, beer money etc would make it around £3-400 each at least!
Quote from jasonmatthews :Ummm, its £3850 + vat for the day, that plus accomodation, beer money etc would make it around £3-400 each at least!

Yeah that's a Corporate Day and we would not want the track all day, exclusive?

Don't worry about this now Jason, concentrate on your event, as they are fantastic, really enjoyable, just gutted I cannot come.

I might come for the day, as I get back Friday night, but won't do Karting and could stretch to "Cider" and BBQ on the Sat if this is OK. I will confirm tomorrow if this is OK

Regards

Shaun
Quote from Fordman :Yeah that's a Corporate Day and we would not want the track all day, exclusive?

Don't worry about this now Jason, concentrate on your event, as they are fantastic, really enjoyable, just gutted I cannot come.

I might come for the day, as I get back Friday night, but won't do Karting and could stretch to "Cider" and BBQ on the Sat if this is OK. I will confirm tomorrow if this is OK

Regards

Shaun

Would be great if you could come along for a little bit Shaun
Quote from Fordman :Nice and central in the UK

And they say the older generation is better educated... :dunce:
Quote from boothy :And they say the older generation is better educated... :dunce:

haha yeah.

My house is actually very central in the UK, and there's some great tracks nearby. The thing is what Jason lays on isn't just a go in a go kart.

The karts at G-Force might be knackered and horribly unequal, the track is small and the karts are basically worn out indoor karts on an outdoor mini moto track - but we get the entire day! Follow that up with Jason's epic house and after parties, and what you have is not a race - but a 3 day event... And you just can't beat that for under a £100 a head.
Quote from Becky Rose :haha yeah.

My house is actually very central in the UK, and there's some great tracks nearby. The thing is what Jason lays on isn't just a go in a go kart.

The karts at G-Force might be knackered and horribly unequal, the track is small and the karts are basically worn out indoor karts on an outdoor mini moto track - but we get the entire day! Follow that up with Jason's epic house and after parties, and what you have is not a race - but a 3 day event... And you just can't beat that for under a £100 a head.

I'm delighted to see that Jason is running this again, as I'd been getting a bit worried. I've just put my money down.

Three Jump, Rob, and der butz ought to know that I'll be driving from Bristol. At least I hope so. My car's brakes are currently very unwell, with new parts a long way away, so it may not be repaired in time.

So instead of helping out by giving someone a lift, I might instead need to ask Rob for a lift too! Note that if my car is repaired in time, its asymmetry means it only has space for a single passenger, and a small one at that. If you thought The Very End's is a clown car, you ought to see mine.

Alternatively, I might try to persuade a friend or two from Bristol to drive me. Nick A went in 2009 and 10 and is a quick and keen simracer.

Bruce
Just spotted this and quite keen on coming along if no one has a problem with that

I was looking at driving up from Brighton on the south coast so if anyone needed a lift on the way I'd have 3-4 seats?
Fine with that Russell
Man every year I have to watch this all just unfold..............

Have fun guys (don't think I need to say that) and make sure to take loads of pics and videos
Especially videos. And not necessarily karting videos.
Quote from brood :I'm delighted to see that Jason is running this again, as I'd been getting a bit worried. I've just put my money down.

Three Jump, Rob, and der butz ought to know that I'll be driving from Bristol. At least I hope so. My car's brakes are currently very unwell, with new parts a long way away, so it may not be repaired in time.

So instead of helping out by giving someone a lift, I might instead need to ask Rob for a lift too! Note that if my car is repaired in time, its asymmetry means it only has space for a single passenger, and a small one at that. If you thought The Very End's is a clown car, you ought to see mine.

Alternatively, I might try to persuade a friend or two from Bristol to drive me. Nick A went in 2009 and 10 and is a quick and keen simracer.

Bruce

Hey!! Do not mock my awesome 51 bhp patriot monster!!!

Quote from Sobis :Especially videos. And not necessarily karting videos.

Don't fuking start that shit again, those videos are forever lost (and by good reasons) in the depths of hell!
Quote from russellsaunders :Just spotted this and quite keen on coming along if no one has a problem with that

I was looking at driving up from Brighton on the south coast so if anyone needed a lift on the way I'd have 3-4 seats?

Np, you might have to be in a 3 man team, not sure yet, but it will be cheaper

LFS UK Kart Meet 2013
(271 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG