The online racing simulator
2013 Montreal Grand Prix
(52 posts, started )
Wow what a performance by Bottas. Really happy for him. If weather conditions stay the same, maybe he has a good chance scoring some good points.
You can't have two DRS zones one after another. Epic battle ruined by FIA.
I got my tin foil hat back out of it's satellite and death ray resistant box after this race. Seriously think Vettel has Pirelli in his pocket.
Apparently a track worker died after being run over by a crane picking cup a car near the end of the race (hulkenburg?).
true, he tripped and got ran over by the crane.

rest in peace
Horrid. I think I saw that crane passing by after the race when they interviewed Newey with Gutierezs car, thinking to myself wow that's embarassing.. just dragging the car like that up in the air in front of the whole pit that slow, when you can use a truck. Terrible mistake.

RIP.
The thing which is more disturbing imo is they cleared the yellow flags from that area so quickly, surely once the marshall was injured they needed medical cars etc on the track asap and there should have been a safety car? And obviously that accident would have been less likely if they werent rushing around etc.

Rest in peace
Bottas' drop was always going to happen, still it's a shame that he didn't get even a single point. Both Mercedes cars dropped only one position, so it seems that their improvement could be permanent, but I suppose it could have been down to the starting grid as well. Poor show from McLaren, but strong races by Vergne, Di Resta and Massa. Though, perhaps Massa was always going to climb up since the Ferrari being so strong at the moment.

Sutil's penalty was out of order. If the rules have no give in the three blue flags rule, even when the car behind isn't "close enough" to actually pass, then it's a stupid rule and should be changed. Van der Garde did turn into Webber, after making it look as if he was giving way, so that was definitely the former's fault. His retirement after the Hulkenberg incident wasn't his doing though. Hulkenberg crept into his front wing under braking, while van der Garde was braking in a straight, predictable line. Karma in action for the Hulk..
Quote from NotAnIllusion :Karma in action for the Hulk..

What karma are you talking about?? Hulk was never involved in an incident prior to this and I still haven't seen a replay of it so can't talk about what happened in particular incident, but for sure it's not karma.
Karma, for causing vdG's DNF, obviously, which I explained in that post.
Whatever.
Quote from NotAnIllusion :Both Mercedes cars dropped only one position, so it seems that their improvement could be permanent, but I suppose it could have been down to the starting grid as well.

And to lack of high-speed corners, in particular long high-speed corners, aka Maggets, Beckets, Stowe etc.
Quote from N I K I :Whatever.

Not whatever. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v ... _6Gc&feature=youtu.be

Quote :And to lack of high-speed corners, in particular long high-speed corners, aka Maggets, Beckets, Stowe etc.

And Webber and Räikkönen woefully underperforming, and Massa being way down the grid, and Bottas being ahead of Rosberg. Vergne, Sutil, Hulkenberg and Ricciardo, who were right behind the Mercs, weren't going to be a problem anyway.
#42 - CSF
Quote from IsaacPrice :The thing which is more disturbing imo is they cleared the yellow flags from that area so quickly, surely once the marshall was injured they needed medical cars etc on the track asap and there should have been a safety car? And obviously that accident would have been less likely if they werent rushing around etc.

Rest in peace

I thought it happened after the race when they were taking it back to the pitlane?
Quote from CSF :I thought it happened after the race when they were taking it back to the pitlane?

Correct. After the race had finished. I don't think a safety car is needed after the race!!!
but like it or not, hamilont just lost A place and he only fell back 15sec. They have found quite a lot of time in the past few races. in the past they would qualy on the front row and struggle to stay in the points. i am looking foward to the day that vettel will cry because the merc is too fast on a straight line.
Mercedes have gone well at Monaco and Canada the last couple of years too. I suspect it's more because of the type of circuit than the car getting dramatically better. Silverstone will hurt them.
Also, they weren't TOO bad in Malaysia either.

How Kimi and Alonso are so far behind Vettel I do not know. Last year Alonso was doing better in a worse car ffs. And Kimi should be fired. Kimi is juts 11 points ahead of Hamilton.... ELEVEN.
Quote from Intrepid :Also, they weren't TOO bad in Malaysia either.

How Kimi and Alonso are so far behind Vettel I do not know. Last year Alonso was doing better in a worse car ffs. And Kimi should be fired. Kimi is juts 11 points ahead of Hamilton.... ELEVEN.

Well it's his own fault for turning in early over Perez' nose at Monaco.
Quote from tristancliffe :Mercedes have gone well at Monaco and Canada the last couple of years too. I suspect it's more because of the type of circuit than the car getting dramatically better. Silverstone will hurt them.

but they did worse off in the race than what they did yesterday (bar monaco 2012). they definitvely have improved in start/stop circuits, now we have to see how they will handle the high speed corners of silverstone. i predict that they will be close for pole but wont be on the podium at the end of the race.
Quote from tristancliffe :Correct. After the race had finished. I don't think a safety car is needed after the race!!!

I quite clearly don't know how to read then. My bad
Quote from Intrepid :Also, they weren't TOO bad in Malaysia either.

and crashjean should not be fired?

2013 Montreal Grand Prix
(52 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG