The online racing simulator
Grand Prix of Monaco 2013
(124 posts, started )
All the Sky Sports "experts" said Perez was to blame for crashing into Kimi, they deemed it overly aggressive which is absolutely correct.

Perez managed to pull off 1-2 good moves on Button and Alonso, but made a stupid attempt at passing Kimi. He should be punished for the next race.

Like Kimi said, he deserves a punch in the face
Kimi should've done the same thing that alonso did and go with the "avoiding a crash" explanation for cutting the chicane. Neither the move from him nor the comment about punching Perez were smart at all. Although perez can be blaimed as well, but at least he tried to overtake unlike all the rest of the pack...
Räi put on a nice show at the end
Technically Kimi made 2 moves, so if anything he would and should get a penalty.. He made one half arsed defense by being a car width more than normal to the inside, and only after Perez had started his unrecoverable divebomb into the gap Kimi had left did Kimi make his second move and completely drive Perez into the wall
I'm not justifying Perez's divebomb, which was a good effort considering he'd pulled it off on two others, but the contact was Kimi's fault.
#82 - pipa
Quote from Seb66 :Technically Kimi made 2 moves, so if anything he would and should get a penalty.. He made one half arsed defense by being a car width more than normal to the inside, and only after Perez had started his unrecoverable divebomb into the gap Kimi had left did Kimi make his second move and completely drive Perez into the wall
I'm not justifying Perez's divebomb, which was a good effort considering he'd pulled it off on two others, but the contact was Kimi's fault.

With that speed and that close to the barrier perez wouldn't have made the corner even without kimi being next to him. Was a braindead move and he got punished for it.
Quote from pipa :With that speed and that close to the barrier perez wouldn't have made the corner even without kimi being next to him. Was a braindead move and he got punished for it.

That's not my point, my point is that it's Kimi's fault there was contact. It doesn't matter if Perez would have made the corner or not.
Kimi's cool, therefore it is Perez's fault.
Kimi had every right to take the inside.
If you watch the replay, you can clearly see Perez was still behind when Kimi started steering in.

100% Perez' fault. And no I'm not a Kimi fan
A diagonal line in the braking area is asking for trouble, but Perez was out of control. I don't like the rule that if you force someone across the chicane then you get the place any more than I like people cutting to maintain position. Perez was using this free spin of the wheel at every opportunity even from way too far back, so I don't blame Kimi for squeezing him.
Anyone else think that they should consider widening the chicane a little bit to make it a little more pass friendly?

I just feel like its idiotic that someone can 'accidentally' run wide and cruise right through the thing. Or, as Sinbad said, you can simply push someone wide and then they have to give up the position.
Kimi fanboys are clealry the most butthurt when he does something wrong.

Allthough Perez's move was pretty half harted Kimis defence had the I dont know what im doing look to it.

All drivers make mistakes sometimes, like Alonso today he was slow as a snail, I would say Kimi is still probably equal best driver on the grid with Alonso.
Quote from Fastwalker :Kimi had every right to take the inside.
If you watch the replay, you can clearly see Perez was still behind when Kimi started steering in.

100% Perez' fault. And no I'm not a Kimi fan

Kimi had NO right to take the inside. No more than leaving a cars width which he didn't do anyway. Who cares if Kimi started turning in when Perez was still behind? It was his second defensive move in that braking zone and that is what is wrong and makes it "legally" Kimi's fault.

And yes I am a Kimi fan. I'd have his babies
No right? He can change lines to show some defense, what's wrong with that?

Perez is driving like an idiot, if the other driver is not looking out for him he's totally gonna crash someone. Being a tough guy was worth it, 0 points. It's a pity he ****ed up Kimi's race, now Vettel has quite a big lead...

Also, when he took over Alonso, he left no place on the right, basically Alo could decide to jump over that tall curb or cut. I find it ridiculous he had to give his position back. (still haven't found proper replays to make sure)
Quote from Seb66 :Kimi had NO right to take the inside. No more than leaving a cars width which he didn't do anyway.

Kimi has every right, as long as he can't see Perez on his side he can turn in.
counting 1, 2 or 3 defensive moves, could just be earlier turn in, could be hard to judge for anyone, Perez is at fault because he is behind, no matter how wrong the event was, it will always be the guy who is behind who's at fault.

Quote from Seb66 : Who cares if Kimi started turning in when Perez was still behind? It was his second defensive move in that braking zone and that is what is wrong and makes it "legally" Kimi's fault.

And yes I am a Kimi fan. I'd have his babies

Incorrect, if he brakes deep in to corners and Perez still decides to go for it, Who's fault is it again?
Ding ding ding, Perez' fault, you can't simply just brake a bit later when people are defending and still go for the pass.

I even believe you was whining about that when people did that to you, but then again, You've always been a bit of double-morale person
If you leave a big enough gap up the inside coming out of the tunnel and someone takes a lunge you only have yourself to blame. Hamilton defended from Vettel VERY well by not leaving ANY room on the inside. It's really not that hard.

What Kimi did was sheer stupidity. While Perez has to take a large chunk of the blame because there is an inherent risk, Kimi allowed emotion to kick in. He should have been defending MUCH earlier. Why take such a half arsed approach to the corner other than to try and be a dick... it's stupidity considering he knew Perez was a bit feisty into that corner. You defend early and negate ANY RISK. So from a sporting regulatory point of view no doubt Perez has more of the responsibility, from a championship point of view Kimi was stupid on this one. When thre evidence is Perez is diving up the inside at Nouvelle DEFEND EARLY! E.A.S.Y ffs.

Button was happy with move Perez put on him, so I don't see why anyone else would be. You leave room on the inside into the Nouvelle Chicane, then you are inviting someone to dive up the inside. If we ban this kind of move then F1 has to stop going to Monaco as you are no longer racing. May as well be a TT.
Quote from Intrepid :post

I completely agree.

But then maybe Perez should consider how 'feisty', as you like to call him, he is because no matter which way you put it, it will always be his fault, no matter how stupid/w/e it was by Kimi.
Quote from Dennis93 :I completely agree.

But then maybe Perez should consider how 'feisty', as you like to call him, he is because no matter which way you put it, it will always be his fault, no matter how stupid/w/e it was by Kimi.

I think Perez maybe should have banked what he had already achieved. Some great moves had been achieved and maybe one more was not really worth it. The risk was too high.

But Kimi knew Perez was on one. He allowed his emotion to take over. Rather than defend properly like any normal racing driver, he did this really strange 'I'll teach him a lesson' line which is so lame it's beyond belief.

And Vettel just waltzes away with the championship. Kimi has the best car, and isn't delivering.

On a side note - Vettel's 16.5!!! I knew they were crusing for the whole race (watching the onboards made me feel suicidal) but by a whole 2 seconds. wow.
Quote from Intrepid :I think Perez maybe should have banked what he had already achieved. Some great moves had been achieved and maybe one more was not really worth it. The risk was too high.

But Kimi knew Perez was on one. He allowed his emotion to take over. Rather than defend properly like any normal racing driver, he did this really strange 'I'll teach him a lesson' line which is so lame it's beyond belief.

And Vettel just waltzes away with the championship. Kimi has the best car, and isn't delivering.

I don't think it was completely Kimi's intention, I don't see why intentionally getting crashed out of the race would help anything.

But then again, the best way to break a mans spirit is when he's on the way up the ladder, and you chopped the final 7 steps away.
race accident
Well, yeah it was race indicent, but could have been easily avoided. Why Perez took such a gamble on Kimi. He was too far behind after the tunnel. That divebomb was waaay too optimistic and unnecessary. Yeah, of course it's Perez's fault. No doubt. Those two successful attemps before that one really encouraged Sergio to try this as well with Kimi.
Grosjean->Crashjean->Grashjoanna.

Grand Prix of Monaco 2013
(124 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG