Please! I need a mirror! :/
(103 posts, started )

Poll : My opinion:

Chase view? Muahahaha! =)
I use chase, too. Please add a mirror.
I don´t care.
I use chase, too. But I need no mirror.
I started circuit racing a few days before and I like WE very much.
On the oval it´s no prob to use map and time display to "race proper", but on circuits it´s nearly impossible to behave correct without miror. I use the chase view and there is no mirror at all. Can the devs please add a mirror to the chase view?
#2 - Nobo
You know you have my vote! It makes it difficult in league races! But with the time you get used to it!

Its allready in noted requests (finally): http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=9869

But i dont know if they'll work on this in some time....
#3 - Jakg
i dont use chase, bt it wouldnt hurt!
Isnt there an option missing for the opinion, Jakg just expressed?
#6 - wark
Can one really drive competitively from the chase view?:duck:
Quote from wark :Can one really drive competitively from the chase view?:duck:

Yes
Yes.

E: beaten by a chase view driver.
#9 - wark
Replays? ...I gotta see it to believe it!
#10 - Nobo

Look at the OWRL results, www.owrl.de search for FPR|ALDI#13 and make your opinion yourself

I have tons of replays to show you, that chase view has a lot of advantages...yesterday i have been banned from a server because one of the admins hasnt seen me on his inside...lol :P
#11 - wark
Quote from Nobo :Look at the OWRL results, and make your opinion yourself

OWRLY?
Quote from Jakg :i dont use chase, bt it wouldnt hurt!

agree

Quote from wark :Can one really drive competitively from the chase view?

Yes, i know Nobo (Aldi) and Harry and they are not slow and its fun to race them as well and btw. i did not know for a long time that Aldi is a Chase View Driver as well.
Personally I go for total immersion and drive the cockpit view always, but as far as I am concerned as an OWRL driver Aldi needs no more thelp then he already has, so it's -1 from me !
-1000000000000000000000000000000 for the existance of chase view.
-10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 for a mirror in chase view.

Chase view has no uses, the topdown is good for league admining (see more), the TV camera is good for taking pics but chase is both unrealistic and has no application.
-1. lfs is a simulator. you dont hover a few foot in the air behind your car in real life do you? if you do, learn me how.
Quote from Captain Slow :... if you do, learn me how.

You can do it on your own. Practice, practice, practice....

BTW: Maybe you drive that ULTRA-REALISTIC tyre view.

@Toaster: Yes Master. I´m sorry for the thread.
#17 - Nobo
so take away all the other views and make the other views only available in replay view, then we are all happy, but as long as you can choose the views, the chase view should have the same right as tyre view for example.

And please take away the support for keyboard, gamepad and mouse , becuase thats unrealistic.....
ah yeah and please let only lfs drivers race who have a full cockpit at home.....illepall
Quote :BTW: Maybe you drive that ULTRAREALISTIC tire view.

lol no i use cockpit view. although im a bad racer anyway.
+1

I would drive my custom view, but the chase view gives me much better fps(or atleast i think it does).
There are several options in LFS already that are unrealistic. If they want to drive chase cam, let them, and give them a mirror while you're there, it would make them safer racers. If there will be an option to force cockpit view like I read somewhere, then it's useless anyway.

Yes Me.
#22 - Jakg
Quote from bo-kristiansen :Yes Me.

wtf is that in your avatar?
While I may laugh at chase view, cockpit view, tyre view, custom view or whatever else view, I really see no reason not to have configurable mirrors in each and every view.
The huge difference in fields of vision that separates computer monitors from real life has been discussed in some other threads. That huge difference is in my opinion enough to let the people choose freely. I think that the view a driver uses is only due to his/her tastes provided the view can be safe enough for the other drivers. The possibility of having mirrors would make each view safer.
#24 - neRu
The tireview?
Like the camera is hanging on the side of the door?

Howcome that isn't realistic, have you never seen such a contraption before? If not, just look through extramaterial on the gone in 60sec's DVD.

That is possible, but that hovering chasecam?
Well, that has to be a hell of a chopperpilot, and how does he cope with the low bridges, for instance the one in south city?

I think chaseview is fine when your fooling around, but in racing you should be locked in your car.
Quote from Nobo :so take away all the other views and make the other views only available in replay view, then we are all happy, but as long as you can choose the views, the chase view should have the same right as tyre view for example.

And please take away the support for keyboard, gamepad and mouse , becuase thats unrealistic.....
ah yeah and please let only lfs drivers race who have a full cockpit at home.....illepall

I think its a hard job to find/manage a nice balance for everyone advantages/disadvantages for every game developer. At least i think the admins of each server should be able to choose how much of realism is necessary and not the Developers.

(103 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG