The online racing simulator
Interesting, Deko why is the signal from on board cams received by helicopter rather than a system of antenna?

Is it because of the length of the track or the fact that's in the middle of a forrest?
Quote from ACCAkut :sucks that there is only that static pitlane camera, would like some onboard shots or similar just to see whats going on out on the track.

The much bigger, at least internationally, 24 race held on a smaller circuit (yup, Le Mans), barely has muh better coverage during the night, minus couple of pitlane cameras and a couple of cameras on the lit parts of the circuit, so I think this is quite understandable.
Quote from MoMo92i :Interesting, Deko why is the signal from on board cams received by helicopter rather than a system of antenna?

Is it because of the length of the track or the fact that's in the middle of a forrest?

A quick google search proves that I'm out of date, it used to be helicopters, but now they do have reception antennae on the top of the stands - as those systems have gotten better that's the cheaper / more feasible solution.

I would honestly presume a large track like Nurburgring would stay helicopter-based because of the time it would take to do a ground-based system. It would take a fair amount of antennae to cover a long track such as Nordschelife

Ask the next time you're at a race
We're going back racing in 30min!
looking through the rankings is interesting and shows how important durability is. On rank 31 we currently have a Peugeot 208, a SP 2T car
Awesome finish by Marc VDS and Maxime Martin. Great racing.

a shame that the aston could only manage 10th, what happend to it? before the redflag it was 1st....

and is it me or black falcon are winning every single damn endurance gt3 race?
Aston sucked in the wet, in the first hour after the restart alone he lost 2 full minutes and about 8-10 positions because everything was so close together.
Real pity about Aston (and most of all Pedro Lamy), but I'm happy that at least the lovely-sounding SLS won the race.
they lost a lot in the wet, and had some offs aswell. And the Z4s profited most from the rain (apart from all the FWDs from smaller classes like those 208s and TTs, and the WRX STI, which made a helluva respectable 26th), because they have a ESP system on the car.
Quote from ACCAkut :they lost a lot in the wet, and had some offs aswell. And the Z4s profited most from the rain (apart from all the FWDs from smaller classes like those 208s and TTs, and the WRX STI, which made a helluva respectable 26th), because they have a ESP system on the car.

Isn't that WRX STi just AWD which has best traction on wet track?

Same for TTs and 208s - they should be FWD, which has advantage on RWD when it is wet again.
yeah, I just meant that those cars gained lots of places while the track was wet. And the WRX had no offs and repairs as far as I know.

I'm already curious what will turn up next year. New GT3s, maybe a few Specials, the Radio Nürburgring guys talked about Kremer Racing (which were running a Sp 7 911 GT3 KR this year, ended on 36th, and of course build the Lemans Turbo Monsters back in the days) evaluating the idea of a SP 8T based on the new 911 Turbo
man that sucks, would have loved to see the aston on the podium at least
Just came back home from 24hr Nür. We watched the race from Flugplatz..was great to see the GT3's but also the V classed cars. Both Peugeot 208's suprised me..they looked really well. Such a shame the race got red flagged but it was a nightmare out there for the drivers. I saw some cars aquaplaning in the dip @ Quiddelbacher Höhe and they couldn't get uphill anymore to Flugplatz. It was that bad..
GRAND-AM founder Jim France to wave starting flag at LM24. Meh.
Quote :Qu: There was a roundtable meeting with DP team owners and the new-for-2014 United SportsCar Racing series officials at Road Atlanta last month to gather input on potential technical changes and the regulations – are you able to give us any details of what may have been discussed so far?

Peter: The series technical committee invited owners to an open forum to suggest ideas on how they could close the gap between Daytona Prototype and LMP2 cars. To be honest I felt like I was on an island in that meeting. Many of the owners were stating the Daytona Prototype formula is perfect and everybody else should be slowed down. I was strongly in favour of working on these cars to make the DP faster so you could have the balance of all five classes intact and not have to alter the GTE class.

Considering the announcement was made nine months ago, I’m pretty amazed at the conversations that are still taking place. From my understanding, they still have not had an LMP2 chassis inside the wind tunnel and do not have plans to do that until July. I’ve offered suggestions to get all the easy decisions out of the way such as pit rules, paddock set-up and the simple decisions that we need to have take place, but nothing yet and no answers. One would hope that they have a timeline and have all these things under control.

http://starworksmotorsport.com ... f-belle-isle-rolex-round/

That's just ridiculous.
It's a good idea if you want to kill the series.
DP formula is so old school, those teams should start to live in 2013 and have proper race car. To be honest LMP2 isn't that expensive and the same Peter Baron said one year ago that his DP programm was nearly as expensive as the WEC one !

An LMP2 cost 400,000€ and an ELMS season is about 200,000€ to 300,000€per driver (2 drivers). That's cheaper than a go-kart european championship season and much cheaper than Formula Renault 2.0 Eurocup.

At Imola only one LMP2 was faster on straight than GTE, I doubt it is suitable to slow down LMP2.
Make DP faster for sure. If im not mistaken, they're lapping daytona at GT2 pace and it wouldn't bump the price up too much as DP is supposed to be a cheap alternative to a Top tier overall Prototype vehicle versus P1.
AMERICAN MOTORSPORT, WHY DO YOU DO THIS TO YOURSELF!?

IMSA, Trans-Am, now seemingly ALMS/Grand-Am. It's all ****ed.
Change is the devil to 'Merica.
Quote from Mustafur :Change is the devil to 'Merica.

Oh like you ****ing know anything about it.
Quote from Mustafur :Change is the devil to NASCAR.

FTFY

I swear, of all things in this country, be it motorsports, any other sport, any other organization or activity, and NASCAR is the one organizing body who is least open to changing the way they do things to match others. I mean, they can't even do yellow flags on the road courses for local yellows - they use a blue flag! I heard once that they do it that way because "they don't want to confuse the drivers" or some shite like that.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG