The online racing simulator
Quote from The Very End :[...]and even the hardest of the fanboys must admit the techology has gone forward. Now there are so many games to pick from, with excelent graphics and improving physics.

It may've gone forward, but that doesn't mean that LFS went backwards. I will still play LFS no matter what as it's the only sim that satisfies me, plus the fact that my computer is slow and can't run anything with advanced graphics.
A small factoid for you.

Lets consider that S3 is finished in July next year (2014).

S1 was released in 2003, "S3" was announced in 2009. That's 6 years.
July 2014 marks 6 years since "S3" was announced.

That means that it has taken the same amount of time to develop S3 than it took to release S1 and S2!
Quote from dontpannic :A small factoid for you.

Lets consider that S3 is finished in July next year (2014).

S1 was released in 2003, "S3" was announced in 2009. That's 6 years.
July 2014 marks 6 years since "S3" was announced.

That means that it has taken the same amount of time to develop S3 than it took to release S1 and S2!

I think we're already way past that point aren't we?
S2 released in 2005, so we can assume time since then is spent on s3, although of course we have had lots of updates and patches since.

It's hard to make any sense of it all. Like tve says, there are clearly lots of things we aren't all aware of, and there is obviously no way that the three of them have been working on lfs full time for the last decade.
I have no confidence that Skaven works the last months. He again at the deadlock think and to have a rest.
95% of my confidence that the project to stand still.
Quote from Dmitry[RUS] :I have no confidence that Skaven works the last months. He again at the deadlock think and to have a rest.

look on the bright side, the less confidence you have in the devs, the bigger the joy is when s3 releases
Quote from Dmitry[RUS] :I have no confidence that Skaven works the last months. He again at the deadlock think and to have a rest.

He could have worked every day and every hour (like F1 teams) and still come up with not much... funnily enough like several F1 teams. All sims seem to have 'decent' tyre models... but even F1 teams are struggling massively to get to the next level of accuracy.
Anything new these days boys ...
I've recently found myself testing suspension setups on LFS a bit more on autocross for my own car; I wish LFSTweak was still around to actually make my car, so I can get down into the nitty gritty.

I too have LITERALLY grown up with LFS, it is sad though to see it barely progress over the past many years.
I've been here for a decade come next month, it's pretty crazy to be able to say that and see this forum still semi thrive.

Unfortunately I'm not around much anymore and I am indeed sorry for that. With a full time job and being out of college and becoming an administrator on mazda3forums I don't have much time to look around and don't get to touch video games to much anymore.
Quote from XCNuse :I've recently found myself testing suspension setups on LFS a bit more on autocross for my own car; I wish LFSTweak was still around to actually make my car, so I can get down into the nitty gritty.

Have you tried New Tweak Order?
Quote from CodeLyoko1 :look on the bright side, the less confidence you have in the devs, the bigger the joy is when s3 releases

Frightens more when S3 leaves, it won't be interesting, and isn't necessary.
There will be only a trace in the history of S2.
S3 we will be glad 3 months, and then all. Game the coolest, but already without prospect. It only my look.
What do you think how much we have to wait??
whether live for speed s3 this year do you think??
It will get released when it's released. That's all we know.
Mario you already said that it will probably not be here this year
These videos are a few years old already.
Is it time for a little lfs.net news feed input anytime soon perhaps?
"Why does daddy get two goes when I only get one?" lol
Quote from sinbad :
It's hard to make any sense of it all. Like tve says, there are clearly lots of things we aren't all aware of, and there is obviously no way that the three of them have been working on lfs full time for the last decade.

Scawen has said that he took a break a while back and hasn't been working full time and also stated he's lost much motivation, since hitting the wall on the tyre issue. Fair enough. It's a huge challenge. It was nice to see the decision to look at other area's of the game, like netcode. It was much welcomed and made a noticeable difference for the bulk of players.

Victors always been active. Consistently doing tweaks and updates. Where their a feature gap or an improvement he's been there and fixed /added it.

Eric's status is pretty much unknown and always has been. It was really never an issue, until content development stalled the the current stuff just got stale. The resulting focus on him unfortunately boiled over ( a couple of times) and words were exchanged (all deleted now) and players banned. It's created a perception of him , that is probably quite wrong, given his limited interaction with the community/players. It would be hard to accept Scawen and Victor working in such a team if Eric it it were true.

That said Scawen as the defecto representative hasn't really spoken on the topic. Only vaguely. I think many will understand his reluctance to speak for Eric, but there does appear to be some issue/problem that is withholding various content releases that are independent of the tyre physics. It's a real mystery and it's a big negative of LFS progressing.
Quote :Scawen has said that he took a break a while back and hasn't been working full time and also stated he's lost much motivation, since hitting the wall on the tyre issue.

I don't know where you read that. I've only read the following, coming from the horse's mouth:

Quote :For those who were wondering, yes, this is our full time job, LFS sales make enough money to keep us going while we work on the improvements.

source: https://www.lfsforum.net/showt ... highlight=job#post1672231

Quote :Err no, I'm just working long-ish days at the moment. Not crazy ones, but more than a normal job. But for example I worked a bit less than that on Sunday.

I don't know why it is quite a frequent occurrence on this forum that someone supposes that we are employed somewhere else and do LFS as a hobby in our free time. I really can't think of a better way to make a living than to continue on this. It's a good way to work and It's not finished yet anyway.

source: https://www.lfsforum.net/showt ... highlight=job#post1742751
Quote from sicotange :I don't know where you read that. I've only read the following, coming from the horse's mouth:

You haven't really read, but just searched for job. I remember having read it too. I think it was summer 2012... however, of course he's taking breaks otherwise insanity would probably kick in.
I'm still optimistic and convinced Scawen is hard at work preparing a tasty diluvian feast. From what he wrote in the past I concluded that LFS remains his full-time job (with occasional time offs) but I guess there is a thin line to draw between being curious about Scawen's occupation and infringing on his privacy.

I was merely replying because I felt Macfox was partially speculating on Scawen's devotion which can lead to more of those "LFS devs sipping fruit cocktails on the Cayman Islands" theories.

Scawen chooses his own workload, I suppose it can be confusing for us at times. I'm just trying to counter fatalism with some pertinence and find it a bit sad that the LFS forum is such a hostile place for the devs.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG