The online racing simulator
The Rfactor thread. (rF & rF2)
(431 posts, started )
Re-installing rFactor, fancy driving about on a ton of different tracks, what are the best cars out (feel, physics FFB etc)?. I haven't used rF in about 2 years so have no idea what's good these days. Niels C6 is the first thing I'm downloading. Are there any good mods for 60's F1? Last time I checked the only way was a dodgy version from a dodgy forum, has this improved?
I'm guessing you've got the HistoriX classic touring cars mod? That's pretty much a must-have.
It's downloading right now, I'm having problems finding my GTL disc though (haven't used it in years, it's here somewhere), and even more problems trying to find a mini-image.
Quote from DeKo :It's downloading right now, I'm having problems finding my GTL disc though (haven't used it in years, it's here somewhere), and even more problems trying to find a mini-image.

use 7-zip to extract both parts of the exe, that gives you two rar files containing all the mod files then just extract them
Nice one cheers, will try that shortly.
^yeah the effects are very light and distant. I'm having a lot of fun racing it,despite the very light ffb, though. my hands hurt cus they're not used to simracing for so long.
They acknowledged that, I think it's even in the patch notes. Either that or Tim's release post.
I want Nordschleife
Going to reinstall this, had it before and wasnt a fan of the FFB, even with real feel i dont think it was great
What do you think about Skip Barber?

I need to do more laps, but it seems to be good.
The Skippy is so much fun at Limerock, an epic combination imho. Excellent FFB and handling. Can't stop driving it atm, the car feels much more balanced than the rtrainer from rf2 devmode which was my favourite car/mod until now
Anyone have an ap1 or ap2 honda s2000 with decent physics for rfactor?
An interesting doc available at isiforums, about tyre modelling in rF2 (I suppose it is meant to give modders an idea..). Who knows who else could take a look at a (maybe) different approach. Good ideas can come from strange places

http://isiforums.net/f/attachm ... ntid=959&d=1328039718
For those interested, rFactor 2, build 240 has a Demo. That means anyone can try..
Quote from luchian :For those interested, rFactor 2, build 240 has a Demo. That means anyone can try..

Thanks for the heads up!
Words can't describe how crap it is.

The Rfactor thread. (rF & rF2)
(431 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG