The online racing simulator
Marus
(180 posts, started )
Quote from nikopdr :It'll show W when he has put "joystick/controller" in the control options, and set the mouse axises to corresponding control, eg mouse x for steering

I believe there's also some way to show up M when you're not using mouse for steering. Can't remember what it is though.

I think if there's any accusation of h4x it should be based on the quantity of the wr beating lap uploads at any one time. Speaking personally, if I set a WR I would upload it immediately, I wouldn't sit on it for days and then upload them in a big cluster like MARUS has.

I mean the 24th Feb 2013 is just one massive cluster of uploads. I just can't imagine anyone would sit on that amount of uploads...

I'm not accusing anyone, I'm just say to ME, that is what's fishy.
You know, it's good to surprise people with a bomb of WRs and feel badass at the same time.
Well I wouldn't know, I'm not good enough for WR's :P
Well Marus wanted to do that actually. Like a massive WR attack.
He wanted to do it for years. Like, few years ago he had 20 or 30 wrs and was like, "yeah im gonna make hundreds of wr's and upload them at the same time" evilfaceevilface lol lol lol

so.. he did.
An advantage of uploading a lot of wr's at once, is that it is difficult for the previous holder to regain it, especially if that person lost a few.
Quote from BlueFlame :I believe there's also some way to show up M when you're not using mouse for steering. Can't remember what it is though.

I think if there's any accusation of h4x it should be based on the quantity of the wr beating lap uploads at any one time. Speaking personally, if I set a WR I would upload it immediately, I wouldn't sit on it for days and then upload them in a big cluster like MARUS has.

I mean the 24th Feb 2013 is just one massive cluster of uploads. I just can't imagine anyone would sit on that amount of uploads...

I'm not accusing anyone, I'm just say to ME, that is what's fishy.

Please only bother to reply if you have the slightest understanding of what you are talking about.
Quote from Anthoop :Please only bother to reply if you have the slightest understanding of what you are talking about.

Well clearly you don't understand what I wrote so why are you bothering to reply?
Marus is an amazing driver, too bad there isn't a lot of people that cba to actually hotlap against him
Quote from DarknessPainF1 :Marus is an amazing driver, too bad there isn't a lot of people that cba to actually hotlap against him

When I had my period back in 2008 I would definitely try... But oh my god, it's so pointless. Being first in sim, sim that is forgotten by its own devs and that a lot of people don't even know. You put amazing amount of time to some silly hotlap, you get nothing. (Well ok, you get respect of fellow LFSers, but that is again nothing after some time)

I hate to say, but this system is kinda old fashioned. It was cool 5 years ago, but it's kinda stuck at what it is now. Just nothing at all, no prize, no article, not really something you will get for being first. Just this respect of some sort of people... Not enough.
You do achievements for yourself, not for someone else. If you do, then it's sort of sad.
..I'm pretty sure MARUS has achieved his own personal goal - to do the mighty WR attack and he has achieved the thing he wanted. Props to him
Quote from Mysho :When I had my period back in 2008 I would definitely try... But oh my god, it's so pointless. Being first in sim, sim that is forgotten by its own devs and that a lot of people don't even know. You put amazing amount of time to some silly hotlap, you get nothing. (Well ok, you get respect of fellow LFSers, but that is again nothing after some time)

I hate to say, but this system is kinda old fashioned. It was cool 5 years ago, but it's kinda stuck at what it is now. Just nothing at all, no prize, no article, not really something you will get for being first. Just this respect of some sort of people... Not enough.

sounds like the words of someone that already knows he cannot beat his wr's(a case of why try if know not going to succede. im not saying you are a slow racer(your probably far from slow).
i dont mean this to be any form of attack so please dont take personally its just what it looked like when i read your post
Quote from Anthoop :Incorrect. I understand what you wrote.

If you understood me, you wouldn't have quoted me in the first place. :S
...but maybe one day you will learn not to talk about things with which you have no understanding?!
Quote from Mysho :When I had my period back in 2008 I would definitely try... But oh my god, it's so pointless. Being first in sim, sim that is forgotten by its own devs and that a lot of people don't even know. You put amazing amount of time to some silly hotlap, you get nothing. (Well ok, you get respect of fellow LFSers, but that is again nothing after some time)

Well get your point and somehow it makes sense. However have to say that lower irl motorsport championship - club championship - are sort of the same. Who have ever heard of british 750 motorsport club races for example apart people involved on it? At the end of the day I assume that's more the competition spirit you have that will give you the motivation to do.

As you are already around for quite a while the lack of development just killed all the motivation. Can find the same thing with really early hotlappers that left LFS even before early 2009, however some new people were always here to take over. That's just not the case anymore. Still get some new good hotlappers, some quality one with Marus, ilbens, Joonas, Isaac or Matti (and others) but less than before which isn't helpful to motivate someone and increase that competition spirit.
Well, he obviously doesn't have time to drive races because he has to work so hard
Soon enough he's up against more difficult WR's, perhaps some active hotlappers, ergo ilbens, DarknessPainF1, IMOL and maybe even MHR rank attack. I'd say it's just getting started now. :balloons:
Have to say that laptime on bl1 fo8 on mouse is pretty neat
Lol. Yeah, he said his pedals are a bit broken so he needs to repair them. But I didn't even notice he did that on mouse. WTF... sick.
I do appreciate the handbrake use on some of his WR's.
the record holders list is becoming much shorter
Time to beat those people who have 1-2 WRs only, making the list much shorter.

Marus
(180 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG