The online racing simulator
LFSCART Series 2013 Round 1: Race Discussion
Round 1, Grand Prix of Aston.

Date: 04 May 2013
Time: Qualifying 18:05 UTC (20 Minutes) Race 18:40 UTC
Race Distance: 32 laps+1 formation lap (2 hour maximum time limit)
Car: Formula V8 (FO8)
Course: Aston Grand Touring Reversed (AS6R)
Weather: Clear Day
Wind: None

Stream: Simrace.tv Stream 1 (starting at about 18:35 UTC)
Commentary by Jonathan Palmer and Dominik Engel
Attached images
AS6R.png
Im getting nothing on stream one

Update Yeahhh now its workin for me Go Nfinity
was doing great, till my wheel decided tto stop working and shut itself down. after recalibrations it still was as sensetive as murica with their freedom
-
(Bmxtwins) DELETED by boothy : stop talking shit
:bananalla
Grats to top 3, I enjoyed watching those last 4 laps!
It's sooooo freaking frustrating to have tyres at ideal condition to break PBs and not have enough fuel to finish the race at 100% effort... Ecoracing again. I guess my driving is changed since I use DFGT with seperated axis for pedals,that I spend more fuel,so I can't believe old fuel usage data from Aonio. But still 14th was a decent result for me,until the SC came out,giving the last driver on lead lap to fight for better positions,somehow managed to use the mess well enough,allthough had problems with my fresh tyres from pitting in caution,so the SNAIL ended up in top10!
All those finns in TOP 10.
Well my 17th was pure luck, thanks to Blueflame. Everyone ahead had probably cold tyres after restart and also i had fresher tyres, so they weren't that cold. Made up some 3-4 positions, otherwise i would end up where i belonged today. I should really learn with these cars, it's irritating to be so powerless.
Quote from Kid222 :Well my 17th was pure luck, thanks to Blueflame.

Well I'm getting some love but also some hate. So much for human error in T1
Really, no comments. Driving 7th before pit stops, did not that dramatic mistake, so I had to pit unplanned, I was not able to calculate how many fuel do I need to I refueled a little bit too much, I was still pretty ok with the speed, but guys in front were lighter, so was not that easy to catch them (I suppose it was like that). Suddenly after pit stop wave even guy from LLM managed to go out from the pit in front of me. I was really pissed. Somehow, its still mystical from me how after pretty awesome first stint, the second was tragic even i still had a pace. Also, that Wdowiarz's ram out... It's really not cool, man. If you did a mistake at T1, be a man and not do stupid maneuvers to do anything just to not let me pass you. Couldn't wait for a next straight and pass me? Anyway, you were much lighter than me, so equals = faster. But no.. I am so unhappy. I had finished on top10... Also, that ****in' spin when there was 1 lap remaining. Those cars.. I was so blind, couldn't see corner's exit. So picked a little bit of grass and suddenly lost a control of the car..
Ohhhh yes. Thanks Ray for giving a nice example of penalty for incident. I know that you want me to be banned for 10 years . Anyway, you were bit quicker in sending the protest than me. I know that it was stupid that I was angry in that moment and Matt had big troubles cos of this. Of course it's not easy to control the car on cold tyres, after contact with another car and especially with FO8. This shouldn't be an excuse just to make you sure that it was not done on purpose.
Quote from Fast Jarda :Ohhhh yes. Thanks Ray for giving a nice example of penalty for incident. I know that you want me to be banned for 10 years . Anyway, you were bit quicker in sending the protest than me. I know that it was stupid that I was angry in that moment and Matt had big troubles cos of this. Of course it's not easy to control the car on cold tyres, after contact with another car and especially with FO8. This shouldn't be an excuse just to make you sure that it was not done on purpose.

I understand that. But cold tires are not an excuse for reversing across the track
-
(CodeLyoko1) DELETED by boothy : post too useless
Quote from Bmxtwins :I understand that. But cold tires are not an excuse for reversing across the track, spinning out because of them I understand (I did it like 3 times )

Yes, that was fail, I know. I wouldn't know this without you, really I wouldn't. So I made a mistake, you don't have to make a tragedy of that. Everyone are doing mistakes, I did it today.

Anything more you want to say?
Thanks for all the blue flaggers at the restart. You did awesome job by not crashing all around the track. [etals:]
Don't bring sarcasm detectors to this thread if you need them still working...
this was my first race in LFSCART, and i'm really enthusiastic, how you guys formed this league. I really like it!!

i was quite unlucky at my first race. started for 18th Position. Had a crash in lap 3 with cagas. i think, i was too impetuous, so i would like to say, that this was an usual race incident. so i paid for it with a long pitstop. i decided to refuel the car as much, that its enought for the whole race, so the 10-15 laps after, i was really slow, and fell back at the end of the field.
later, i was able, to catch the 19th Position, till the SC came. after the SC, dohnalik had a spun in front of me, and it was too late to break. so i crashed him, and while he was Spinning, he touched the rear of my car. i was Spinning too, and fell back at the 21st Position, where i ended the race.

anyhow i like these races, and i'm looking forward, to see you in blackwood.

greets
#19 - Emyn
Quote from Joku123 :Thanks for all the blue flaggers at the restart. You did awesome job by not crashing all around the track. [etals:]

This.

But I think it was just bad luck this time. Could have gone better, but meh.

Gratz to podium Finnishers. xd
Do I still get classified as a finisher as I managed 75% JUST!?
Quote from BlueFlame :Do I still get classified as a finisher as I managed 75% JUST!?

You ALWAYS get classified if you start the race and are not DSQ'd
you only get points if you complete at least 75%.

If laps >= 75% then points
Quote from dekojester :You ALWAYS get classified if you start the race and are not DSQ'd
you only get points if you complete at least 75%.

If laps >= 75% then points

On my calc it's 75%, It was more of a question of confirmation that my maths are correct, rather than a question about the rules.

TL;DR - Am I 75% or not?
Quote from BlueFlame :On my calc it's 75%, It was more of a question of confirmation that my maths are correct, rather than a question about the rules.

TL;DR - Am I 75% or not?

Laps completed / 32
Had a pretty good race. Got pbs in Sectors 1 and 2 in Qualifying but stuffed up 3. Still qualified where I probably should have though (my pb wouldn't have gotten me any higher). Fairly uninteresting race for most of it. When my tyres had finally gotten through their hot heat cycle at about lap 12 I could properly push, and reeled Nathan in from about 6 seconds down to 1 just before my pit stop on lap 20. Was kinda hoping he'd pit before me but I think he was 2 laps later. Literally no idea how he managed to be 10 seconds ahead of me after he pitted Tyres were literally just coming back to me when the SC was deployed. Luckily for me I was over half the track behind the snake so I just caned my front tyres to keep them hot whilst catching the field up. Didn't stop me spinning under Safety Car though (I should really practice tyre warming :S). Only lost 1 place to Rony though. Went straight back past him on the restart, but then I almost got caught up in the big schmozzle on the back straight. Massively backed off and made it through, but Rony went straight back through Then just pushed to the finish, overtook Wdowiarz round the outside in the sweeper which I was quite pleased with, was massively catching Rony again on the last lap but didn't quite get there. Happy with 11th

EDIT:
Quote from BlueFlame :TL;DR - Am I 75% or not?

Yes, I think you are. Race Distance is 32 not 33 laps so you're on 75% plus the distance from SF to T1 :P
Quote from BlueFlame :On my calc it's 75%, It was more of a question of confirmation that my maths are correct, rather than a question about the rules.

TL;DR - Am I 75% or not?

You'll know when I actually do the results.

Remember, I don't count the formation lap into the calculation, so it'll be out of 32 laps, the formation lap is a freebie lap :P

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG