The online racing simulator
Alloy wheel preview website
(11 posts, started )
Hi all.

My old man is online shopping for some replacement alloys for his MK5 golf, thing is he'd like to see a preview of what each wheel looks like actually on a golf.
Surely there's a website somewhere that will preview wheels on a car of your choice as you click them so you can see what they're like?

Anyone heard of such a place?

Thanks.
Is he after a specific type of alloy? Can't be a good old bit of photoshop
Don't touch Wolfrace with a barge pole.

There is a difference between cast and forged in terms of the durability of the wheel and whether it survives the odd kerbing - but sadly very few nice looking wheels are forged and they're too expensive for what they are.

Aside from that if ordering via the internet be prepared for "in stock" to mean: Yes it's in stock *at the manufacturer's German/Singapore plant (because none of the net retailers in that trade carry the stock themselves).

If you decide on Rota's let me know I should be able to get you a discount. I no longer have an affiliation with any of the others but in my view they're pretty much all the same in terms of service and quality so don't let brand sway your buying decision - infact many of the brands are owned by the same few companies, they just target different niches.
#6 - Jakg
And don't discount OE wheels from a different manufacturer, can really spice up a car and IMO look much better than 90% of aftermarket wheels.
Quote from Jakg :And don't discount OE wheels from a different manufacturer, can really spice up a car and IMO look much better than 90% of aftermarket wheels.

Yeah this...most Audi/Skoda/Seat wheels are identical in fitment, just swap over the centre caps! Plenty of choice
Tirerack.com used to play with it back in school on downtime
Quote from R34GTR :Yeah this...most Audi/Skoda/Seat wheels are identical in fitment, just swap over the centre caps! Plenty of choice

Range Rover wheels also fit VAG cars, so you see a lot of VAG vehicles running around with RR Sport wheels on them these days.
You do not need no site for this, just buy some white Compomotive rims and be done with it. I recommend mo but that is only if you are not cool enough for the th.

(11 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG