The online racing simulator
It doesn't have to be a niche, it just is.
Quote from Gutholz : Isnt it strange that during "the end area of LFS" people play more than you did during the "high point"?

Strange indeed.

As far as the community stuff goes, I just want to be able to show up now and then to do my thing. Unfortunately, public servers are often empty or full of newbs with bad attitudes.

It'd be nice if that Airio (or whatever it's called) safety rating was global.
Quote from Gutholz :This is interessting. You are registered since 2003 and on LFSW you have driven 7573 Ml.
I know a friend registered 2012 and in one year drove twice than you in several years. Isnt it strange that during "the end area of LFS" people play more than you did during the "high point"?

How is this relevant in any way to what Macfox is saying? The fact he has driven x distance is absolutely irrelevant to the fact that the prime of LFS has past.
Quote from Keling :What?! No one plays RF/NK(P?) any more?

certainly not on the time of day that message was posted.
Quote from boosterfire :How is this relevant in any way to what Macfox is saying? The fact he has driven x distance is absolutely irrelevant to the fact that the prime of LFS has past.

it shows that hes not even really played lfs that much so probably gave up on it before all the s3 hype. i joined many years after him(2010) and have done 85495 laps,which means ive had more use out of lfs.

if s3 come out whats the chance after a few months he would start with the moaning about it being dead again

i see quite a few new racers daily(demo) and new licensed racers every so often.i only found lfs by chance and think of how many that would play lfs if they knew of it.also as silly as it may sound you would be suprised of how many have not even been to the forums that have played for a while.
Quote from bishtop :it shows that hes not even really played lfs that much so probably gave up on it before all the s3 hype. i joined many years after him(2010) and have done 85495 laps,which means ive had more use out of lfs.

if s3 come out whats the chance after a few months he would start with the moaning about it being dead again

i see quite a few new racers daily(demo) and new licensed racers every so often.i only found lfs by chance and think of how many that would play lfs if they knew of it.also as silly as it may sound you would be suprised of how many have not even been to the forums that have played for a while.

Oh, I see. It's this old argument again: "You've not raced as much as X so you've got no right to complain". Or, "You've not raced every car around every track in both directions at least once so you've got no right to complain".

You don't need to have raced a million miles to argue that LFS has been almost stagnant for a very long time now.
Quote from boosterfire :Oh, I see. It's this old argument again: "You've not raced as much as X so you've got no right to complain". Or, "You've not raced every car around every track in both directions at least once so you've got no right to complain".

You don't need to have raced a million miles to argue that LFS has been almost stagnant for a very long time now.

It's that people who last played in 200x, are coming to the forums just to call the game dead.
It's not that they don't have rights to complain, who does anyway, but that it just feels a but unnecessary.

It's like going to a car dealer and calling their brand dead, just because you haven't seen any of their cars for while. No?

I've been around since the start, 2005? Browsing around on the forums and sometimes playing around on the demo servers with my old demo acc.
Even though progress is slowing down since then, the game is far from being dead, as we are still around to this day discussing whether the game is dead or not.

And if it was i'm quite sure one of Scavier solutions would notify us.
Quote from JSHuiting :And if it was i'm quite sure one of Scavier solutions would notify us.

Oh god, imagine an e-mail from LFS Tech "Live for Speed is dead"...
Quote from boosterfire :Oh, I see. It's this old argument again: "You've not raced as much as X so you've got no right to complain". Or, "You've not raced every car around every track in both directions at least once so you've got no right to complain".

my point is too get your moneys worth and then say you gave lfs a chance is by actually racing, someone that is going to moan about it without even trying it is someone that as soon as s3 was released would then soon enough start all the moaning again.

it needs to be asked where does a particular person base there opinions from, if you go on cargame server from what ive experienced its always jam packed with many racers and then theres other servers with racers on, so to me there are plenty still playing lfs but probably not as widespread over as many servers
Quote from Sobis :Oh god, imagine an e-mail from LFS Tech "Live for Speed is dead"...

Or just as a post in this thread.

I'm quite sure that the community would happily take it over IF that ever happens, the good part of the community then.
I'm not really interested in a cruise simulator.
Quote from JSHuiting :It's like going to a car dealer and calling their brand dead, just because you haven't seen any of their cars for while. No?

The fact that people who haven't played in years still visit these forums and sometimes even bother posting is a great indication that they are disappointed so much potential is wasted. It would be much more alarming if we did not see these people from time to time.

The car dealer analogy is good, but the question is: why would this person even bother visiting the dealer in the first place? Probably because they owned this brand of car before, and are sad to see it go to waste.

Quote from bishtop :my point is too get your moneys worth and then say you gave lfs a chance is by actually racing, someone that is going to moan about it without even trying it is someone that as soon as s3 was released would then soon enough start all the moaning again.

it needs to be asked where does a particular person base there opinions from, if you go on cargame server from what ive experienced its always jam packed with many racers and then theres other servers with racers on, so to me there are plenty still playing lfs but probably not as widespread over as many servers

Sure, people bought a product with absolutely no warranty of further development. Perhaps I should express myself in a different way: I'm not saying that anyone is entitled to moan or complain. Nobody here is entitled to anything more than what the game was when they bought it. However, my point is that, as previous users of the game, people are in their right to complain. This should be the case regardless of how much a person has played the game, or for how long.

Whenever someone is shunned when asking for a status update, or even if the person complains that the game is dead, a great disservice is done to the game. The simple fact that these people actively bothered posting on these forums is indication enough that they care about LFS.
Quote from boosterfire :
The car dealer analogy is good, but the question is: why would this person even bother visiting the dealer in the first place? Probably because they owned this brand of car before, and are sad to see it go to waste.

Or they're still interested but don't want to admit it.
All we can do is wait patiently, and play the "dead" game i guess.

Also isn't LFS still in Alpha anyway?
[generic whining thread]
Righty ho-ho!
5 years, no update. I honestly don't think we're getting the update, because well, it really shouldn't take one guy 5 years to improve physics, when the same man basically built the physics "engine" of the spoken game.

I have no idea when I last posted, though when I do, it's only to whine
[generic dismissal of whining and cliche about how good things come to those who wait]
Quote from dawesdust_12 :[generic dismissal of whining and cliche about how good things come to those who wait]

Ah, just like before and always.
@boosterfire

i agree with what you have written. and distance driven shouldnt be a factor if someone has the right to have a say but if someone has given lfs a chance by using it often it would add some strength to there views

respect
This is the last message from the devs for s3 license
I have now replied about this a few time so this will be the last one. S3 will not be out any time soon. Probably not this year.
:scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared:

so I guess we will not wait so long, when will more and physics azurniranja and s3
wat
It provided me with an answer because I asked them when will come s3 license so I got the answer written on top
Prove it. I do not believe you and I think nobody does.
I think its obvious that S3 wont be released this year, because the physics need to be released, twaked and then they will work on releasing S3. This is Scawen's words, search his post.
What is S3?
i usualy dont replay and comment on s3.
there is not much to say, we all want to see s3 as soon as posible.
hell im in lfs since early demo days, and i still love it, that says it all.
i whill continue to drive and enjoy what we have..
ofc i cant w8 for s3 and hope it whill be here soon..but other then official words from devs i dont wanna read or comment...
i do bealive that they replay to you,but in that msg i dont see any new info.
cool down from that s3 i dont think you manny other got it all from s2...
I dreamed S3 Silverstone last night.
Quote from mario991 :I have now replied about this a few time so this will be the last one. S3 will not be out any time soon. Probably not this year.
:scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared:

so I guess we will not wait so long, when will more and physics azurniranja and s3

you have been here since 2011, and your moaning?
Quote from xtraction :you have been here since 2011, and your moaning?

He's been moaning for a long time now.

P.S. you're*

[Merged] Discussion regarding LFS development
(1577 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG