The online racing simulator
Grand Theft Auto V
(1980 posts, started )
:l
Fall 2013. Must be the tyre physics
Wonder how this will work out with the new consoles and stuff if we are to expect PS4 / Xbox 720/Next to be released this holiday season. If the game is going to be for the older systems, it could kinda screw over the sales in the longer run.

Probably just me over thinking though.
That's what I was thinking. I bet either a) the new consoles aren't coming this season or b) the game is released with multiple different covers (ie seperate Xbox 360 and Xbox 720 boxes) despite the fact that it is the same game, originally designed for the current gen.
And PC March 2015.. :/
They will probably just develop versions for the new consoles alongside the PC version and release them later, maybe with DLC included.
with the "cheating" methods we talked about earlier in this thread for making best use of CPU, the only difference between versions released this fall and the version perhaps in 2014 would be higher resolution/higher poly count/better frame rates so...just a more powerful console, not some completely different system. Future GTA VI may be a lot better looking but I still have fun playing N64 so that doesn't mean much.

Speaking of N64, I hope the next generation of consoles can be upgraded with better hardware. The N64 got a few more years out of the graphical expansion pack with games that required it like Majora's Mask and some others.
It doesn't seem likely, but Sony is about to make Playstation related announcement on 20th February, probably something about next-gen console. Maybe Rockstar will want to make the game for it as well, just waiting for the "right" time to release it on all platforms...?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?f ... mbedded&v=g82C4Nu_Jq8
Awesome trailer.
Woah this is just looking better and better, but why does Michael's voice sound like a child? Also thinking why does it look like they haven't used the LA Noire face technology?

Definitely need to upgrade my PC!
I'm loving the Armored Van heist part of the Michael trailer, looks just like Heat
preorder now at the end...will do as soon as pc is confirmed!
Looks rather disappointing at 720p. Don't want to sound like a dick again, but I really wish to see a PC version so I can unleash this game on a proper resolution. Those jaggy edges and whatnot in this video are rather disturbing. Those images were most likely touched up or something. Only thing that does amaze me is the water, that looks sweet.

I can't wait to play that Trever dude, he's insane.
It looks great, especially when you take a gander at at the background during some of the aerial shots. The map is going to be fecking massive.

I imagine the AA is lacking because the footage is recorded from the console versions.
Map is looking huge indeed. Can't ****ing wait to tear it apart in a truck. Really has that San Andreas feel to it. I also saw some tractors, and a trailer behind a car. I hope that's the case, had a lot of fun with stuff like that back in Andreas. Also 18 wheelers with the loads behind them are great fun. There's a GTA IV mod for that on the PC, which is fun too.

I think the colours are very washed out during the day though. I don't mind the lack of AA on GTA IV by the way. If you're playing on a proper resolution (at least 1080p) you don't really notice it.
The new trailers are kinda what I expected. Looks great though, and I can't wait.
Why isn't it called GTAIV - San Andreas (or similar) though. It still uses the same engine, no?
Console logic.

If you went with GTA IV SA then we'd have to admit that the last new Call Of Duty came out in 2007 and since it's only been expansions.
Quote from Rappa Z :Console logic.

If you went with GTA IV SA then we'd have to admit that the last new Call Of Duty came out in 2007 and since it's only been expansions.

it technicly is
Trevor.
Quote from farcar :The new trailers are kinda what I expected. Looks great though, and I can't wait.
Why isn't it called GTAIV - San Andreas (or similar) though. It still uses the same engine, no?

Agree 100% - looks great but I too thought it looks very much like GTA4 with SA content. Not that that would be a bad thing, I'm still playing 4 even now, for me it probably has the best longevity of any game I've played.

Grand Theft Auto V
(1980 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG