The online racing simulator
"lost contact to the world"
(10 posts, started )
Hi, when i'm in any online games i automaticly gets disconnected to to the multiplayer page with a red text up in the chat saying "lost contact to the world(Swedish:förlorade kontakten till världen)".
It happens after a while being on a server and i have no idea if it has something with the internet or the computer to do, please help me
This might sound stupid but you have any mods installed for LFS?
if he had mods he wouldnt be able iven to connect the server i think .

maybe its lag , check for pingtest.net and see if its the problam. if it is , call your ISP
i haven't got any mods
i got 63ms ping and and 30ms Jitter when doing the test, i selected the location closest to me.
It was unable to test the Packet loss tho
Are you sure it says "världen" (the world)? I bet it actually says "värden" (the host)

Anyho,

I noticed that you've been online at "layout test" for quite a while now. Is that a server that you are hosting locally or is it a remote server?

I don't think pingtest.net won't be of much help since I think it only measures ping response times. The stability of your connection is more interesting.

To start off, I'd suggest the following.

Before you start LFS, bring up a command prompt and type:
ping -t google.se

The -t switch will keep the ping loop running continuously, so while it's still running, start LFS and connect to a remote host. Should the connection fail, quit/alt-tab out of LFS and have a look at the output of the ping command (also scroll up a bit and look at the previous messages). Is it displaying response times or error messages?

If everything is looking fine in the ping output, something weird is going on with LFS or the connection to the particular host you were connected to.

If the ping command also fails, something is most likely wrong with the connection to your router or the router's connection to the internet.
Thanks for the help man, even i can't get it fixed i now how to get it fixed, nice to get help from an pro from telia
Hehe, np!

For the others reading this thread: Turns out IPwnYourAssOff is using a 4G Mobile Broadband.

In my experience, it's very hard to make a mobile data connection stable enough for flawless online gaming. Granted, there are some things you can try:
  • Try different placements of the Modem or Router
  • Switch from 4G to 3G
  • Try different MTU settings (but that might make things even worse!).
That's my take on the problem.
Perhaps someone else has overcome stability issues with mobile broadband and can think of something I left out?
Or just get a normal connection
Quote from felplacerad :In my experience, it's very hard to make a mobile data connection stable enough for flawless online gaming.

Obviously in Sweden it's different,as here in Germany I use 3G mobile internet stick (usually HSPA,sometimes just UMTS) already for almost a year,ping is higher than cable connection - rarely under 100ms in any European country hosted server,80-100 in German servers,but still loosing connection once per month,which is much better then I could ever imagine from mobile connection. Not saying it's good though (that data transfer limit is really limiting me - no youtubes,no streams,no big downloads),but it's just possible to use it.

(10 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG