The online racing simulator
C.a.r.s.
(968 posts, started )
So right now it is more Forza/GT, then it's LFS? I just don't 'feel' this, nor do I have any sort of hype for it..
Forza/GT in terms of what?

I have to say, the delivery of FFB is the best I've felt in a long time. It's even smoother than LFS, really amazing.
Quote from Bose321 :
Do you have any Fanatec wheels, or a G27 (does it have native support in pCars?) near you?

Yes i have a fanatec 911 gt2 base but the rim/buttons are 911 turbo S. and Clubsport pedals v1. I use fanaleds for rfactor 1 and 2. The BOS 302 and lancer evo are in today's build. The evo setup feels very strange and almost like a fwd car with a strange brake bias or not enough lock under liftoff/braking. I havent tried the mustang yet. the lotus 49 feels a bit more believable, but I need to do more laps.
If you're interested in helping me beta test a new Fanaleds version you can have support for pCars as well now (since the native support isn't really that great). Email/pm me if you're interested.
Quote from Bose321 :Forza/GT in terms of what?

Their trailers just make me think it's for the 'simcade' crowd..
Have they released official trailers them self? I thought most media was made by fans.

But yeah, I doubt they will ever attract most hardcore simracers.
Anyone have any idea if this game works in 3D (using 3D Vision?)
Quote from Bose321 :Have they released official trailers them self? I thought most media was made by fans..

Wasn't that trailer parodying Codemaster's 'who needs cockpit' thing, official?
Quote from Boris Lozac :Wasn't that trailer parodying Codemaster's 'who needs cockpit' thing, official?

Got a link of that? Doesn't sound familiar.
Nah, he's just a regular member.
Nevertheless, it screams Forza.. with those mountain/lake/fireworks tracks.
Just a heads up to others who might be disappointed by PCARS after taking the dive with your wallets in to the unknown, you can now request a money back refund.

Quote :Following lengthy discussions with the FSA and our lawyers and other professionals, we are going to make some changes to pCARS and WMD.

The finer detail has not been finalised but recent comments have made us decide to make one feature of WMD and pCARS very clear to all members.

That is that anyone who is a member can have their money back at any time.

Wow, it's actually legit.

Well. Tener actually was all I needed. PM'd.
Wait, what? What exactly is happening that's bad?
Quote from MAGGOT :... You always could request a refund. Many have, and every single one got it.

Not. I know a person who requested a refund (within a month of purchase) and was denied because he had already been "playing the game" and hence no refund. He ended up selling his entire account.

Anyway, asked for my 25€ back as soon as this new announcement was made, no reply yet.
Quote from Bose321 :Wait, what? What exactly is happening that's bad?

Nothing, people that "moaned" too much got refunded till day one, this is just the official offer. Actually, this is good, because it wasn't really sure, what the FSA would decide. Now it is at least official, that everything will run just normal. The changes will be made in the next project.

Also the Formula C was announced.
http://forum.wmdportal.com/sho ... amp;viewfull=1#post443905

And for those, that heaven't seen it already, the Formula Gulf is also in now.
That's good then. I almost got worried.

Awesome cars coming soon, great! Gotta love an up-to-date F08.
Quote from Bose321 :Wait, what? What exactly is happening that's bad?

There was uncertainty in the wording which could lead people to believe their money was lost, and that was where the FSA (now FCA) took issue. To reinforce the notion that pCARS is not actually an investment they've publicly stated that you can get your money back at any time, right up until the release of the game.
Oh lol, just have seen that pCars will also come for the "next gen" consoles. Also a new fund will be opened for those (also the game release is scheduled back to work with console releases)
Quote :Just thought you'd like to know Slightly Mad Studios Limited sent you €10.00 EUR.
Note from Slightly Mad Studios Limited:

PCARS - REFUND

Legit.
Got my refund aswell, no more regret. Kudos to the pcars devs.
Best 25 euros I've ever had refunded.

Tried to run pCARS several times but never ran properly (while other sims work well).

C.a.r.s.
(968 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG