The online racing simulator
A new place to race, What do you want?
Evening All.

I have created a server that is not up all the time, I know, as I believe in having a human online to admin it. I have done the usual, S1 content and mixed a little S2 content. I have also had Airo coded for the TBO+LFR groups to race together and be competitive.

No offence to other server's, but what is the point of racing a FOX with a XRG or GTI? and there doesn't seem, to me, much track choice, so.....

So here is your chance to voice, what would u like to see on a competitive server?

Why am I doing this, well I am trying to get a little bit of "fun and enjoyment" back in to LFS while we wait for S3, we are all waiting I know, but why not use the content we have for the time being. There is still WAY more fun to have.

Up all time, yeah I know, wish I could be home every night but due to work, I cannot.

So what combo's would u like to see ( preferebly multi cars as adds more choice to drivers ) and not always Blackwood.

Let me know chaps, I am all ears.

Thanks for reading

Fordie
well ever since open config started no one really started using it.

i would really like to see more open config tracks. some of them are especially fun in rac.
I think the open config tracks are quite awful. I find that a lot of the time, people don't know them and end up creating an accident following what they think the track should be (not what it actually is).

If/when LFS adds support for a server to supply a custom PTH file with a open config (So that racing line and the track map works), I'll change my mind but as it stands now I think it's dangerous.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :I think the open config tracks are quite awful. I find that a lot of the time, people don't know them and end up creating an accident following what they think the track should be (not what it actually is).

If/when LFS adds support for a server to supply a custom PTH file with a open config (So that racing line and the track map works), I'll change my mind but as it stands now I think it's dangerous.

I actually agree with you here Daw. It's an accident waiting to happen imho

Tracks and Combo's that people know and quick pick up racing, throw in a pit stop sometimes, but like a Mucky D's or Subway, something you can grab on the go and enjoy LOL

Fordie
it would be nice if there was some kond of rotation in tracks, as well as cars.... so we can try more different combos... usually when people come to host, they exactly know which car to race with and it would be more fun if people are forced to drive one car for couple races....
Quote from Fordman :quick pick up racing, throw in a pit stop sometimes

This. Pit stops are severely under utilised

Also, hai Fordie ^_^
Quote from the_angry_angel :This. Pit stops are severely under utilised

Also, hai Fordie ^_^

I do usually add pit stops as mandatory as I think it adds thinking, not just driving, glad somebody agrees
A mixture of road and rally combos, and personally, I would like to see everyone in the same car because as discovered by other people, the xrg is almost in a different class compared to the xfg (unless more weight is added to the xrg)
The FZ50, with 200kg additional weight, a passenger and maximum fuel load. With the ~300 kg additional weight it feels like a luxury sports car, a maserati or something similar: powerful but heavy and sluggish. I enjoy driving it on a twisty track, it's moving sideways a lot but remains very forgiving.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :I think the open config tracks are quite awful. I find that a lot of the time, people don't know them and end up creating an accident following what they think the track should be (not what it actually is).

drive with caution and use commen sense ?? spectate someone already racing??

i dont know many people that drive full power on atrack they dont know, even with racing line.
Problem of open track is that it consume a lot of ressources so old computer are struggling there.

Great initiative
Quote from Franky.S :drive with caution and use commen sense ?? spectate someone already racing??

i dont know many people that drive full power on atrack they dont know, even with racing line.

Or just don't use open configs until LFS supports the ability to specify a PTH file.
1) Mixed class racing (but balanced)
2) Change tracks every 3-5 completed races
3) 5-10 laps
4) Shorter tracks no point in as national with an xfg

Slower, easy to drive, balanced cars with different drive trains and weights will always make competition fierce, fun and close.
I'd like to see CTRA Bump n Jump or CAD racing back, those were very fun races.
The problem with the B'n'J server is a lot of people took it to mean "wrecking allowed". There was a lot of bans for that reason.
I'd like to see some single seater racing other than the FBM. For instance a rotation of single seaters, like smaller tracks on FOX and medium/larger tracks on FO8 or BF1.
FO8 as much as I can't drive it.
My interest woke up!

Well, something new in the public would do the stuff, because there is now custom open configuration tracks, why not cars as well

https://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=76057 I just link this on here, if you manage to get any ideas. ( It is not updated on the newest section, altough it is going to be sooner or later, probably later)
Ideally, less used configurations would be good. This usually means the long tracks, but that requires more racers to stop everyone feeling like they are driving alone.
e.g. Fern Bay Black, the long Aston ones

May I suggest not going with the default midday lighting, and add some wind (might upset those with enough practice to brake at the perfect point every time)
No multiclass, change track every 2 races, different combos.
1.TBO
2.LRF with restriction (minimal restrict+kg)
3.LRF without restrict
4.NGT with restriction (minimal restrict+kg)
5.NGT without restrict
6.GT3
7.GT2
HI All,

Thanks for your comments and suggestions. A few of them I have already tried and tested and was a good success, see below:

FE Green REV with XFG+XRG+Pitstops
SO Various - Same cars + Pitstops ( where track allows )

I have tested the TBO+LRF cars with restrictions in place and pitstops, just need drivers. The FXO IS restricted to 3% before anybody says anything

Track rotation 3 - 5 races - Good one Like that.
Single Seaters, there is already a few servers doing this.
Same as GT Cars

I agree the XRT Needs a slight restriction when against the XFG ( Unless your an Alien XFG Driver )

I also have set Reverse Grid, so the fastest guys are now not always on the front row, but this is good, because if you are in the middle of the pack you can play tactics to set up for your next race

What I would like to look in to is adding Success Ballast up to a maximum of 45kg. (Yes straight out of the BTCC but it works) but I am no coding expert, and this would be hard to admin without trying to enjoy racing yourself.

FE Black was always a great track, when you have enough drivers, same as Westhill as P1lot mentioned. You hardly see them used now, and they was some of my most enjoyable times.

But thanks chaps really appreciate your input. All I want to do is provide a clean fun place to race, where everybody is competitive (I.e Classes not GTR vs LFR or Single Seaters vs TBO) Like Hoffman's Server used to be to name one.

I am working away this week, but will try and get it online on Friday Night. Usually its around 7pm

Thanks again Chaps

Fordie
Everything goes except multiclass and TBO
Quote from Myffe :Everything goes except multiclass and TBO

same for me, except I would change TBO to GT2

A new place to race, What do you want?
(53 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG