The online racing simulator
Post your Car two
(2437 posts, started )
and I was aiming to the overall subject of eastern....blaah, nevermind.
Quote from Agniz :He was talking about these youtube videos as a evidence...
You could put tons of those street drift videos up on youtube or somewhere else, where your face and cars numberplate is visible and police can't do anything about it..
You, probably, could even shoot a video where driver is going 100+ km/h in the city, without seatbelt, drinking vodka from bottle (and other stupid things you can possibly imagine) and showing his drivers license with all his personal data in the video... and police still couldn't do anything, because that wouldn't be an official police video which was filmed by police equipment or smth like that

Don't be so sure, if I remember correctly, then some people in Estonia were fined because they filmed how some women flashed their boobs out of the rear window of their car.
But my memory might be off at the fining part.
Quote from Agniz :You, probably, could even shoot a video where driver is going 100+ km/h in the city, without seatbelt, drinking vodka from bottle (and other stupid things you can possibly imagine) and showing his drivers license with all his personal data in the video... and police still couldn't do anything

Oh,yes,they can do somethong - they will stalk you everytime you show yourself on street and you'll have a max possible ticket for everything you might do wrong. I know some guys who just took a picture of a crashed police car and put it in internet - from angle of the shot they were identified and could not get rid of traffic cops for a week.
Quote from -NightFly- :I'm not living on the mostly part of the eastern europe then , pretty easy to get licence banned over here also speed cameras are woking as they are meant to be...
what the hell is the point of the camera if it doesn't count ?

They should work automatically, in theory. In practice due to poor level of mentality, there will be plenty fake bills for nothing. They used to work for some time but then it was stopped until law will be able to handle it properly. For now there is a patrol car standing few km after the speed camera where policeman will stop the car that broke the speed limit.And only then the driver will be fined with the proof of speeding.

Traffic cops are corrupted as hell in our country and the break the law much more often then drivers do.
Quote from [RF]-art555 :
Traffic cops are corrupted as hell in our country and the break the law much more often then drivers do.

yeh, i noticed similiar aspect when i was in latvia few years ago, got a "ticket" for not paying the bridgefee, though i missed the right turn and stopped the car 10 meters after the ticket box. So i got out from the car, wen't back, payed bridge fee and after that policeman came and said that I shouldn't have stopped behind their car because it's no stopping area or something and that i'm lucky to get only 20 lats, and if i wanted to get official ticket then it would be a lot more expensive. And that was my first ever trip to latvia, 3 trips so far and 2 "tickets". Never been fined here in estonia though...On our last trip there i got away clean, those sneaky bastards were following us for few hours though. I dunno why, because estonian numberplate perhaps? Easy targets?
Quote from R34GTR :Bet it doesn't break often though?

Haha, indeed. About to hit 270,000 MILES (original engine/tranny... minus head gaskets) and still going strong! Thing is a freaking TANK.
Quote from -NightFly- : I dunno why, because estonian numberplate perhaps? Easy targets?

You should ask for official ticket next time, they will write it out for you. But you don't need to pay it to them, foreigners can throw it away, because there isn't one/united driving offence database in Baltics.
I probably have 20-30 speed camera fines from Estonia, over the years, haven't received any of those by the mail.
I remember a friend getting fined in latvia once, I was in the car too.
Was like 20 cars in a row, all driving the same speed, but my friend got pulled over for speeding, other cars were with latvian numberplates, but he was like in middle of the "pack", and he got pulled over, he was taken to the police station because he asked for a official ticket, he never payed it.
what is funny that you actually have to ask official ticket
Not sure if that "official" ticket was that official too, because the account number included someone's name not police station's name or anything like that.

I err.. washed my VW this weekend!

Still waiting for metal headgasket + ARP head stud kit for my bmw turbo project!
Quote from Stang70Fastback :Haha, indeed. About to hit 270,000 MILES (original engine/tranny... minus head gaskets) and still going strong! Thing is a freaking TANK.

My P38 is just shy of 200k on original engine/trans. Considering it is supposed to be the least reliable vehicle in the world, it is doing well. The weakest part of my RR is the same weak part on Scoobies. The gearbox.

Good luck with that.

Pretty irresponsible to put a bench on the back for passengers and not include seat belts.
I do like the storage compartment on the roof though.
Loving the aerodynamics of the wing, what time is the flight departure?
Quote from CheerioDM :Pretty irresponsible to put a bench on the back for passengers and not include seat belts.
I do like the storage compartment on the roof though.

I know.. How rude of me.
Nice Lotus...Err.. Opel...
You buy an Opel/Vauxhall, and you turn it into a Lotus.

Why?
Quote from Bose321 :Nice Lotus...Err.. Opel...

Its actually a Lotus 116 build by lotus with a vauxhall badge stuck on it but i can see where your confusion lies.
Nevertheless: a really fun car I think. Are you doing trackdays with it?
i am actually, i did many year before last but last year and this year has been taken up with the UK Time Attack so ive had to give up the trackdays for that.. next year tho i expect to be at a couple .

here is a vid of a couple years ago

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOnq4S7sP6A
Winter car put away.
Summer car out and clean.
Attached images
IMG_20130422_16201022.jpg
IMG_20130422_162026222.jpg
IMG_20130422_162031222.jpg
That moment when your winter car is more awesome than your summer car.

Post your Car two
(2437 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG