The online racing simulator
What in the world was this?
(11 posts, started )
LFS Tech ([email protected])Add to contacts 17/04/2013
To: *******@hotmail.com

Hello ryan.hynes,

It has come to our attention that you have been banned on LFS servers more than a few times lately.

We must warn you that if you keep being banned, we will issue you with a temporary ban of 30 days, from all LFS online activity.

Regards,

Live for Speed

***This is an automated email***

What in the world is this Victor/Scawen? I Have not been banned on multiple servers,only server i know that im banned on or server('s) are WS . Metropolis and WKD Cruise Server? What????
The 30 day global ban is an effective way of keeping wrong-doers out of LFS's servers.

The 30 day ban is triggered when you are banned 15 times (within a 30 day period). You get a warning (email/message) when you are banned 10 times (or more) that you are likely to get a global ban (if you are banned again in the near future).

You might have gotten banned a bit more often that you remember.
Banned
It would not of been sent without good reason! start behaving yourself and you will not get these emails.
Quote from jjones :It would not of been sent without good reason! start behaving yourself and you will not get these emails.

my friend got that email just because we were trolling him with /ban binded on wheel
Also of note is that the ban count only increments if you are actually on a server and get banned. If I go to my personal server (for instance) and go "/ban Victor 999", it won't add a point towards his global ban count.

Now if Victor came into my server, started crashing me and making fun of me being Canadian, my /ban Victor 999 would add 1 to his global ban count and put him a bit closer towards getting a global ban (plus I'd make a windmill joke at his expense).

Is this more clear as well now?
I think that this can be considered as bug, that you can ban someone from same server like million times and he then get global ban.
Victor should make some improvements on that field, like if user is banned from one server two or more times with delay of less than 12 hours (which is minimum ban lenght), these bans shouldn't be counted.... IMO
Quote from DANIEL-CRO :I think that this can be considered as bug, that you can ban someone from same server like million times and he then get global ban.
Victor should make some improvements on that field, like if user is banned from one server two or more times with delay of less than 12 hours (which is minimum ban lenght), these bans shouldn't be counted.... IMO

It isn't a bug. Note that a driver actually needs to join a server and get banned whilst on the server for the ban to count against them. If a user is getting consistently banned from a server, he should learn that he isn't welcome in that server (for whatever reason) and should look to a different server. The global ban system at least tells a user that he/she is being banned too frequently and should change his/her behaviour.

The more caveats you include, the more chances you give a potential wrongdoer to continue his bad behaviour. Keeping it simple and firm prevents exploitation.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :It isn't a bug. Note that a driver actually needs to join a server and get banned whilst on the server for the ban to count against them. If a user is getting consistently banned from a server, he should learn that he isn't welcome in that server (for whatever reason) and should look to a different server. The global ban system at least tells a user that he/she is being banned too frequently and should change his/her behaviour.

LFS never actually says you are banned, just Lost connection too host or smth, so its not actually that you always know you are banned. Maybe there is just some troll admin or so. Talking about nonstop /ban and /unban, because thats the only way to get banned more than once in 12 hours from same server
I wouldn't know as its been probably 8 years since I've been banned from a server. Maybe LFS should tell you that you were banned so you know not to come back.

I still think that it's less of a problem. If your behaviour is really that sketchy, or you join servers that have stoned boneheads for admins.. Maybe you should re-evaluate the servers you join or your driving abilities.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :I wouldn't know as its been probably 8 years since I've been banned from a server. Maybe LFS should tell you that you were banned so you know not to come back.

I still think that it's less of a problem. If your behaviour is really that sketchy, or you join servers that have stoned boneheads for admins.. Maybe you should re-evaluate the servers you join or your driving abilities.

Quote from Denny12 :my friend got that email just because we were trolling him with /ban binded on wheel

Well, obviously this does happen, so it should be fixed in some way
I've done the same thing : P
banned from multiple servers already so says something,they're cannot be that many banning for nothing. its obvious if your banned from a server as you suddenly lose connection after smashing into ....s car on purpose so i dont think it needs to have some pretty message saying so
Also as stated by others it would take someone to ban then unban then ban while they are on that particular server (so they get banned/unbanned reconnect banned/unbanned/reconnect) ect ect so unlikely its a case of being someone playing about with them

(11 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG