The online racing simulator
GT1WS 2013: Debrief
Hello all!

First of all, I'd like to thank you all for your support of the GT1 World Series by your participation in it for however much you participated in. Whilst it was disappointing to have the drop off as the season wore on, it's understood that this was a long and grueling season for all involved, considering 4 of the 6 rounds had at least one red flag.

The 24 Hours of Kyoto Grand Prix Long with Boothy Chicane absolutely HAS to be the most rewarding thing NDR have done in it's history. I find the fact that we were able to be constantly staffed with a minimum race administration team and keep commentary going through the night and all 24 hours was an incredible feat and pure luck. I'm also extremely glad that the behaviour was pretty much top form, and there were only a couple SCs.

While there were plenty of things that NDR could have done better this season, I think there's noting for anyone to be severelly upset about from this season.

If the LFS community is accepting of it in 6 months' time, we'll run a 2nd GT1 World Series. I think we'll try to space the rounds a bit closer next time, so that the season wouldn't last for three years like this one Other options to be considered as the time approaches.

And for those who will inevitably wonder about GT2 World Series - wait until after the Kyoto 500 please!
#2 - Hahmo
Oooh thanks a lot for the great season NDR.
So the next GT1 serise is not for 6 months?
Well, can't run this stuff 24/7/365.
#5 - kiste
As CoRe Racing we had here and there some troubles ofc but overall we could be lucky with P9 and 10 in overall for our Procars and also the AM One has a decent season finish since we´ve had like 3 missed races in each car. :/

But was a great season and always fun to drive.

One thing i hope to see sooner or later that we will all practise on "public" servers and don´t need to worry about setupstealing. Would be nice to see that. Not only on pubs but more then this season. :P

Thanks to deko and his team for the whole season. the 24h was your first event like this and you made it great!
Thanks for another well-organized series.

Too bad about the DDoS problems, though I think you handled the unfortunate situations very well. Props for that!

And congrats to both the pro and amateur class winners.
On behalf of Sonicrealms Racing i would like to thank NDR for the good organization of the final Race to which we were allowed to ride in to show that We're Back.

I personally want to thank that you keep LFS alive with this leagues. Keep on going

I hope we'll see/race eachother in many more Series in the Future.

greetings mischa
Quote from PMD9409 :Well, can't run this stuff 24/7/365.

don't provoke some "challenge accepted"
Thanks NDR and Deko for running this serie ! Was really good and thanks everyone that took part into it. Driving standard was pretty good imo this year and really competitive !

See you in GT2WS
#10 - troy
Quote from kiste :One thing i hope to see sooner or later that we will all practise on "public" servers and don´t need to worry about setupstealing. Would be nice to see that. Not only on pubs but more then this season. :P

I certainly missed the community spirit in the races I took part, back in the days (when everything was better anyway!!11) I always loved messing around with sets, doing practice stints with 20 others, checking out the pace or even just do a little chitchat on the servers. This year the practice server was empty most of the time and I do think you can only get faster with healthy motivation and a strong competition while you practice, which must be in everybody's interest we want to have nice and close racing after all, not a 12/24 hour hotlap session.

So yes that setup extractor stuff is unfortunate and I fully understand that fast teams don't want to give away the advantage they have in setup knowledge. I can also see that it is very tempting and easy to use but since scawen is busy with other things I do think it's up to "us" as a community to police the use of it ourself, thats where the team managers have to come into play or the individuals taking part in whichever league, set an example, don't use it and maybe others will do the same. It would be a real shame destroying/fragmenting our little community even further because of things like this. After all we're all here to race together and I certainly don't get a lot of satisfaction in beating a 10 or 15 car field when we used to have full grids and brimming waiting lists for any 12h+ endurance event. (I've never won anything anyway but thats another story )

edit: I almost forgot: thanks to ndr and all the people making this possible for putting up with us lot for all these years and a lot more years to come hopefully.
Quote from MoMo92i :Thanks NDR and Deko for running this serie ! Was really good and thanks everyone that took part into it. Driving standard was pretty good imo this year and really competitive !

See you in GTWS

Fixed
"See you in future leagues" would be best since Deko hasn't announced anything yet besides the fact April will be nothing and nothing will be announced (at least) until after the KY500. No assumptions should be made yet, besides the 48 hour TBO @ FE1 race. Everyone knows about that right?
Quote from PMD9409 :besides the 48 hour TBO @ FE1 race. Everyone knows about that right?

im game.
Phillip, UF1 or gtfo.
Quote from Bmxtwins :Phillip, UF1 or gtfo.

48 hour UF1 race...night stints would not be a problem...you could hit the longest straight on the track and take a nap for a few minutes and wake up before the next corner
Why not just add intake restriction and balladt too. Lol
Uf1 with 3 passengers, 50% rest, and 100 kg. Challenge accepted.
As a outsider, the season was great to watch. I enjoyed watching the Westhill event, along with my short stint at commentary in the 24 hours. I would love to actually participate in a more official capacity (as a driver or support staff).

Many thanks to Deko et all.
Yea, I'd like to thank NDR and everyone involved with stewarding, rescue car driving, safety car driving, commentary and stream team and to all that participated in any aspect.

I enjoyed my racing, especially in the 24h which is probably the highlight of my simracing endeavors, as I'm sure it is with alot of other people.

GT1WS 2013: Debrief
(21 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG