The online racing simulator
Racingstars.tv, my possible way into racing.
(44 posts, started )
TV is fake, fact.
Jealouse. Good luck! I wish there were competitions like this in our area.
Oops, forgot to update!

So I've had 2 more TV days since last time. First was the drifting and track driving. Had no problems whatsoever there, offcourse won the drifting part .
Yesterday we had in the morning a condition test in a fitnesscentre. Just did some few things, was allright but will be doing more fitness to get better in shape
Afternoon we had a small training at a kart track. Had a practise session and afterwards a competition with the 3 fastest guys and girls. I was the fastest guy and also won the race. So far, so good. Next day will be the 27th. Then we will do an endurance race on a race simulator.
Is this really based solely on talent or do the TV guys try to add some drama by pairing of people that don't get along? At least that's what they seem to do on all casting shows nowadays (X-Factor, Topmodel whatever)?
No offcourse not, it is and will stay TV. They've tried a few times to get some frustration into the group. There are a few times when we can choose someone to get a wildcard so they are free from elimination. And we choose someone and explained that and then they reacted with: Why did you choose him, why are YOU giving up YOUR place in the 24hours race for that guy? They really try to get some drama in the groups, but didn't work out so far

And I'm very sure they will make things look very different then what they really are on TV. Will make some people look really bad I think. :/
I find more interesting the 'story' being told by a participant than by the TV broadcast

Congrats on what you've won so far and good luck on that simulator thing
Another day past. Saturday we had to do some "endurance test". Drive on bicycles for 30 mins on a really fast tempo. Get off, put racing suit on, and immediately jump into the simulator (Raceroom/Simbin sim) and drive there for half an hour. It was in a racing store, so the MX5 was also there and when we had to pit. The real mechanics also had to do a tyre change etc.. So was pretty cool to simulate some real racing conditions. The sim itself had the worse calibration i've ever had. Brakes locked up just as you touched it, almost no force feedback. But managed to get my team into 2nd place. Teams where per 3, we were with 2 guys and 1 girl. The other guy drove good aswell, the girl not so .

Anyway, this time we had to vote some one out, wich I really HATE. But it was the only time this would happen. So, I'm still in the running. Next up is saturday. We're going to the Karting circuit of Spa-Francorchamps and drive some Rotax Max karts there. Looking forward to it

I'm pretty confident about it as I won the previous karting test and i also have experiance with 2-stroke karts!
Don't be too brilliant at the racing parts if there's voting, as people might see you as too tough competition, and vote YOU out.
This was the only time voting was done. Rest will be judged.
They also said that they wanted to make sure to have a solid group of people, wich they have now. I'm not going to back off, I will make it!
Oops, 2 days allready past now

Few weeks ago, we had another shooting day, this time at the track of Spa-Francorchamps. We got to drive a Maranello (CRG) 2-stroke competition go-kart there. Was actually really fun, learned allot.
We had to set a a certain time (below 51 secs). I set 50.74, not the fastest but good enough to stay in it. One guy and one girl had to leave again this time because they weren't able to get below that time.

Yesterday, we had a day at Circuit-Zolder again. First we got a "media training" (30 minutes explanation of a guy what to tell infront of a camera etc....). After that we had to do slalom etc... A bit like doing the license test with the XFG in the BL Carpark .
With this test, we could earn a place in the finals (so you'd be safe for the next day). Simple, fastest guy and girls win the ticket. Afternoon was track driving again. My racing lines where very good, braking etc was very good. Just have to save the clutch and gearbox a bit (clutch release, not locking the wheels), so next time I will just heel and toe the bitch!

I was a bit surprised but very happy to hear at the elemination that I got the ticket to the final. I was the fastest, but at the guys, everyone was very close to eachother. But I won

Next time is Circuit-Zolder again, then they will do a mix of different things. Track, drift, AutoX etc... But I don't have to worry about it to much as I'm allready in the final
Fake and gay.
As if you couldnt win the drift part :P
It sounds like you have got this nailed scrabbles Keep up the good work chap.
Are you too famous for us now? What happened, you skeevy basterd?
Yeah what happened with this?

I would probably be careful what you say though, this topic was on the first page when I typed racingstars.tv on google, maybe make a new topic name.
Quote from Mustafur :Yeah what happened with this?

I would probably be careful what you say though, this topic was on the first page when I typed racingstars.tv on google, maybe make a new topic name.

http://racingstars.tv/stars/index/stars2013.html

Juding by that page, Kevin (Scrabbie) looks like he's still in it. but lord knows if they've kep tthat up tod ate
Quote from Scrabby :
And I'm very sure they will make things look very different then what they really are on TV. Will make some people look really bad I think. :/

Tv will always be tv, sadly
The Zolder 24hours is at the end of the month so surely we would have a winmer announced soon.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG