The online racing simulator
Verification E-Mail
(8 posts, started )
#1 - ChAzR
Verification E-Mail
Hey Guys,

I hope i got the right section to post my little problem. A friend of mine bought a new Wheel yesterday and I managed to get his attention for LFS, so I sent him the link to the page and such. The problem is, that he didn't recieves a validation email at all, so i tested it aswell and made a new Account which is using an other Emailaddress and the same thing happened to me too.

Is there any problem with the server which causes that or is this just a random bug?

Would be nice if any dev/mod or whatever send him a manual validation mail or such.

in love, chAzR
#3 - Be2K
Quote from ChAzR :Hey Guys,

I hope i got the right section to post my little problem. A friend of mine bought a new Wheel yesterday and I managed to get his attention for LFS, so I sent him the link to the page and such. The problem is, that he didn't recieves a validation email at all, so i tested it aswell and made a new Account which is using an other Emailaddress and the same thing happened to me too.

Is there any problem with the server which causes that or is this just a random bug?

Would be nice if any dev/mod or whatever send him a manual validation mail or such.

in love, chAzR

U've got a PM from me in german
Quote from Inouva :I think the delay on the LFS mails are related to the recent DDoss attacks, you can read more here :https://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=82826

Yes. Extra filters were placed on the edge of our isp's network to aid in the attacks. However that seemed to have blocked a lot of outgoing connections, which affect email delivery. They are working on fixing this problem though. I expect it to work again soon, at which point the delayed emails should be delivered switfly.
and since last night I constantly get the 'did not receive track info' message, so I cannot connect to any server. I never had any problems.

I am seriously getting fedup with all LFS's problems.

Since 0.6E everything got worse

Note: and now suddenly I can connect again, took 30minutes of trying, same as last night
Quote from Jettascuba :I am seriously getting fedup with all LFS's problems.

Since 0.6E everything got worse.

If you would follow lfsforum more,you would know that these all problems have nothing to to with 0.6E,but with some kids playing "da internetz herouzzz"...
I know exactly what is going on.

Quote as an example: "They are working on fixing this problem though. I expect it to work again soon, at which point the delayed emails should be delivered switfly"

A known issue, but no notification to users about it, only when people start to complain.

My complaint is not about DDos attacks or unavailibility of servers or issuesd relating to this.

My complaint is

1) No notifications about issues, but a pm "sorry, we are aware that the LFS Master Server has been down for the pas t4 hours, it is out of our control, but we are working on it" would be nice, or a note put on a back-up server, or even a note on an active server like cg.

2) In this case, I suspect my connection problems, like the email verification problem, is due to attempts being made to prevent or minimise DDos attacks.
#8 - ChAzR
thank you guys for your respondings. i think the mail from Be2K was helpfull.

Verification E-Mail
(8 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG