The online racing simulator
It's a warning attack from Kim Jong Un.. He's waited too long for the VW Scirocco
I was wondering why the server had been going down recently. Sad to hear it's because of attacks. Yesterday I was actually wondering if the people launching DDoS attacks on the servers were behind it.
Quote from Scawen :It is just a continual attack on our servers. We have no idea why we are being targetted. We are working on ways to improve the situation and hope to see improvements before the weekend. It is only a denial of service attack. There is no security breach.

Maybe because you don't release updates of LFS ?
I must admit, somebody posted above, about an info site. All four (Here, LFS.NET and LFSWORLD and master server) went down, guess hosted all in same place, and left he with no info.

Eddy678 did post me a link to Google page than announced it, but this was at 10pm at night, so maybe a backup site, plain HTML for info or maybe one of the Beta Testers could post something somewhere as they will have contact details from the Devs? Just an idea in case this becomes a regular event? I hope not

Fordie
they do it because they can.

let's face it, we built the internet this way, designed computers this way, and that is the way it is. we have no option right now, however, like all problems this has a solution.

hackers can have their fun now, in their "golden age", but banks and news agencies and games companies will get pissed off enough to apply the pressure necessary for real change. untraceable attacks will become harder and more expensive and not worth it. routers won't be accessible without the password :rolleyes:, etc, etc.

yesterday I saw an amazing thing: LFS master server down. I did some fun hotlapping offline in my favourite sim
Quote from Frunze118 :Maybe because you don't release updates of LFS ?

If the motive of these attackers is to hurry developement,then they are by far even more retarded then anyone could even imagine... It can only slow down...
Kim again?
Ofcourse many are annoyed by the lack of communication from the Devs.

But maybe for now it's better this way, theres no reason to attack Scawen like this, Frunze118
I think it has more to do with the lack of development in their genital area than their opinion of the pace of LFS development.
Quote from englishlord :I think it has more to do with the lack of development in their genital area than their opinion of the pace of LFS development.

Cranium development as well.
Quote from The Very End :Do you think the policee have the rescources for it?
Heck, even if you send them a picture of a burglar in the act, most cases it gets dismissed. Hunting down 14 year old kids who is under the prison-age would get 0 attention from the police I think

That's exactly the reason why these little shits can get away with what they do, because nobody cares enough to do something about it. I really hope this does get sorted and the game is back to the way it was.

I want jail time related to this, I've had enough of TC being down the last week and now I can't even play LFS because of these ****s.
Quote from c00kie :That's exactly the reason why these little shits can get away with what they do, because nobody cares enough to do something about it. I really hope this does get sorted and the game is back to the way it was.

I want jail time related to this, I've had enough of TC being down the last week and now I can't even play LFS because of these ****s.

You are aware it's a computer game. You can go outside.
Quote from tristancliffe :You are aware it's a computer game. You can go outside.

It's a game in this case, but DDoS'ing is the "crime" here, so I can understand c00kie being that upset.
I'm also waiting for the day these attacks are ilegal, even when they come from countries that do not ban them.
i quite fed up with it
quite frankly im over it....i fed up of going into a server then 2 minutes later looseing connection. i wonder if the person behind these attacks are looking at this forum now and having a laugh. shame on them!

get a hobby

Harley
Quote from tristancliffe :You are aware it's a computer game. You can go outside.

Are you aware that DDoS is, as far as I know -in nearly all EU's states- a crime?
Yes. Doesn't mean that a jail term will/should follow.
May be we should just ignore his attacks.
The more we talk, the more we give it importance.

The best solution for the hosters is to send logs to the service abuse.

After to protect, you need a hardware firewall that costs very expensive unfortunately..

Sam
Quote from TehKill3r :Are you aware that DDoS is, as far as I know -in nearly all EU's states- a crime?

Are you aware that although DDoS is technically a crime, it is next to impossible to prosecute anyone for DDoSing? The attacker himself doesn't even have to take part in the packet flood generation. DDoS attacks are done through botnets that usually consist of compromised computers - if you were to prosecute owners of the attacking machines, you'd go after innocent people who just happened to be stupid enough to click on a bad link they got through Facebook or something. Being stupid is bad, but not illegal. There is also no law that would oblige you to secure you computer so in couldn't be abused by hackers - frankly, that should be the responsibility of software vendors to at least some extent.
The only way how to prevent or at least reduce the damage done be DDoS is by using correctly configured machines both on part of ISPs and service providers.
It was Anakin Skywalker
Quote from UnknownMaster21 :It was Anakin Skywalker

What? Did he use his ImperialDroidNet as a packet generator? Or does the first D in DDoS stand for "Darkside"?

On a more serious note:
It looks like the websites are back online, nice job! I think that most server admins would appreciate a technical report about this incident and what actions were taken to get it sorted. If there is anything interesting about it, would you mind, Victor?
conviction for ddos in Spain is 2 years of prision
maximum in the united kingdom is 10 years, but that would be for some serious stuff, as others have mentioned unless you can identify who it is with evidence then its hard to prove. can hope that they make some mistake and dont mask there i.p sometime

its gonna be some internet gangster who is too scared to vent anger directly at people and uses the net to make himself feel powerful,yet it dont make him powerful it makes him/her/it hated
again Master server is flooded with ddossing
Quote from bishtop :unless you can identify who it is with evidence then its hard to prove.

That's why at other thread WKDs asked for evidence as they knew there is none,so they feel safe and do whatever they want.
Quote from bishtop :its gonna be some internet gangster who is too scared to vent anger directly at people and uses the net to make himself feel powerful,yet it dont make him powerful it makes him/her/it hated

It's all about fame these days,even masked internet fame - people don't even care if they're famous positively or negatively,just want to be famous,some sort of ego thing - sitting in his pc chair holding his tiny...thing...and mentally masturbates about how great he is - "haxxors" dream.
Quote from Eclipsed :some sort of ego thing - sitting in his pc chair holding his tiny...thing...and mentally masturbates about how great he is - "haxxors" dream.

no mate, thats just you
Quote from UnknownMaster21 :It was Anakin Skywalker

I'm not using dark side of the force for such stupid and pointless action.:jedi:
This thread is closed

Any news about Master Server recent frequent crashes?
(77 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG