The online racing simulator
Boston Marathon
(512 posts, started )
Boston Marathon
there are still people who think the government can protect them from danger and harm, please don't disillusion them with evidence to the contrary. I'm sure they had "No Terrorists" signs posted everywhere so we know it wasn't them..
Just awful.
#4 - aoun
What terrorists would need a bombing in a marathon?
Well, today was Patriots' Day in Massachusetts (anniversary of Battle of Lexington and Concorde) and tax day for the entire country. For a home grown terrorist (my guess as to who the culprit is), the marathon may just being a place to strike because of the number of people.

Today was also celebrated as Kim Il Sung's birthday in North Korea, but I highly doubt that North Korea has anything to do with the bombings.
#6 - JJ72
luckily the bomb is quite small, if it's anything like a car bomb in iraq we will be talking hundred casualties at least.
there were quite a few of them in different locations miles apart. It seems like the work of more than one person.
Heared about it, sad stuff indeed.
Bombing a marathon? Jeez
Have no fear though. If every American had 2 or 3 guns on their person.. the bomb wouldn't have hurt anyone.

Oh wait...
I don't get it at all, attacking a marathon.

I also don't get my thought process on hearing about it, it went from

Oh God there's been a terrorist attack

to

Oh God the media's going to go into a feeding frenzy over this. (and the global media did)

That's the thing I don't understand, the media's way of covering the bombings. Is the BBC really that untrusted in the US? I cited the BBC as a source for the bombings to somebody and got shot down for rumor mongering and conspiracy theories. When they were quoting from the very same BBC page that I was.
In this case it seems the attack came from inside (not saying it was anything tinfoil guberment nonsense) because the islamist fundamentalist groups are always pretty quick to take the blame and it doesn't seem to have been a suicide attack. Maybe some lone gunman or small group because there seems to have been quite a few bombs and not all of them went off.

Looks really bad. . Some of the gore pics posted are sick though.

A bit annoying to read this kind of flymike conspiracy shit this soon though...
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Have no fear though. If every American had 2 or 3 guns on their person.. the bomb wouldn't have hurt anyone.

Oh wait...

This was actually an argument somewhere in the iRacing forums. No kidding.
I heard that it was a rumor that there were more bombs. PS: I have a friend who was 5 blocks from the explosion at a hotel bc he was visiting a college.
So what will be the next country where your goverment can spend billions of dollars from your money to a thing called "war"? I just leave it here, without any further comment.
Quote from Jertje :This was actually an argument somewhere in the iRacing forums. No kidding.

What little faith I had in people just went out the window
Quote from Jertje :This was actually an argument somewhere in the iRacing forums. No kidding.

I was just preempting the inevitable right wing argument that guns provide safety
Quote from Bmxtwins :I heard that it was a rumor that there were more bombs.

There were an extra 2-3 that were found and disarmed that had not detonated. So no rumor. Unless you mean more today or something.
Just news reports being jumbled up as usual Phil.
Take a pill and chill
It's an inside job.
I didnt say anything about conspiracies. Just commenting that they can make laws to strip our right in the name of safety they have no ability to provide.
Quote from flymike91 :there are still people who think the government can protect them from danger and harm, please don't disillusion them with evidence to the contrary. I'm sure they had "No Terrorists" signs posted everywhere so we know it wasn't them..

Jesus ****ing Christ, dude.
Quote from DeadWolfBones :Jesus ****ing Christ, dude.

Just remember Ben; if all Americans had guns,they'd be safe from all harm.

:eyeroll:
All we can wish for is that those that did die due to these tragic circumstances died painlessly and that those affected can live in peace.

Although with a picture of a guy with his leg missing I don't think the bomb technicians diagnosis was very accurate at all...

"Just a black powder bomb packed with shrapnel and nails."

Either way people die everyday to more, less and similar injustice and on that basis I won't lose any sleep about it.

I just feel sensitivity is reserved for those directly affected and those who fear death.
I didn't say anything about guns either. I don't think there is evidence that guns were involved in this plot. The government couldn't stop this attack, nothing could have. But it won't keep them from passing more restrictive laws to 'protect' us. More TSA, more checkpoints, increased spying on citizens, and despite all of that we will continue to be attacked yet less able to protect ourselves. I think we can agree nothing good will come of this.

Boston Marathon
(512 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG