The online racing simulator
Any news about Master Server recent frequent crashes?
It's been down last night for several hours and it's been down today again. Anyone knows why and if it continues like this in the next days?
It is just a continual attack on our servers. We have no idea why we are being targetted. We are working on ways to improve the situation and hope to see improvements before the weekend. It is only a denial of service attack. There is no security breach.
Thanks for the information Scawen.

Sad to see our little community being attacked, probably from people who were once amongst us, or maybe still are.

This sickens me.
btw...

I don't know how these attacks work, but I assume it's a flow of network packages flooding the network.

Can't something be made like, after a several amounts of packages in to. short. The time connection to that I.P. gets blocked or so?

I'm pretty noob in this, so I don't expect the above to be of any help.
That's a fine idea Walter apart from the fact the person almost certainly is hiding their IP address.
These attacks are most likely DDoS. So master server is being attacked from hundreds of differenty IPs, and that makes things harder to block.
Dedicated servers have the option to not connect to Master server, so they are not affected by the attacks. But on the other hand, the game always tries to contact with master server.

Is ther a way to avoid this so we could still play without the master server?

I guess that comunication LFS tries to do has something to do with license validation, so...I guess it may not be a trivial change
Quote from Whiskey :Dedicated servers have the option to not connect to Master server, so they are not affected by the attacks.

Thats only for LAN

E:If you choose not to connect to master server, then only people from your local network will be able to join that server
Thanks to idiots ddosing the masterservers, and ruining it for everyone. i don't know weather they are doing it as protest for S3 hell i don't know or care, why ruin it for everyone else? its pointless.
Quote from DANIEL-CRO :Thats only for LAN

E:If you choose not to connect to master server, then only people from your local network will be able to join that server

Oh, didn't knew that.

Any sugestions for a way to bypass these attacks and play while master server is offline? (this would also help if it brokes again as did few months ago)
Quote from LFSMasterMan :i don't know weather they are doing it as protest for S3 hell i don't know or care, why ruin it for everyone else? its pointless.

It's just that they have no life and don't know any better
That's what the most kids are nowdays, pointless.

They seek fun in humiliating, bullying, hurting, annoying & etc. other people.

For what ever reason? Well there basically is none.. But ofcourse everyone can make up a reason to do bad things.

See for example what happened at Boston yesterday. There was no clear reason for those terrorist attacks. What has Boston/USA done bad to other people/countries, lately? Not too much as far as I'm concerned, yet some people saw a reason to commit these crimes.

And somewhat the same way E-Criminals are working.

They attack a website/company/game/whatever for god knows what reason.

Most of these E-Criminals are not even 20 yet (proven by several researches).

Heck, I was behind the computer since I was 4-yo. But I still had a life beside the computer.

I guess these E-Criminals are just very, very... I repeat, very lonely kids, that feel bullied by all of the world, and than group up with others, to do revenge on a Bank for example, or a company, or whatever for their own miserable lifes.

This is bad, sad, and sickening.

/Rant over
-
(vitaly_m) DELETED by Scawen : not helpful
Quote from rockclan :That's what the most kids are nowdays, pointless.

They seek fun in humiliating, bullying, hurting, annoying & etc. other people.

For what ever reason? Well there basically is none.. But ofcourse everyone can make up a reason to do bad things.

See for example what happened at Boston yesterday. There was no clear reason for those terrorist attacks. What has Boston/USA done bad to other people/countries, lately? Not too much as far as I'm concerned, yet some people saw a reason to commit these crimes.

And somewhat the same way E-Criminals are working.

They attack a website/company/game/whatever for god knows what reason.

Most of these E-Criminals are not even 20 yet (proven by several researches).

Heck, I was behind the computer since I was 4-yo. But I still had a life beside the computer.

I guess these E-Criminals are just very, very... I repeat, very lonely kids, that feel bullied by all of the world, and than group up with others, to do revenge on a Bank for example, or a company, or whatever for their own miserable lifes.

This is bad, sad, and sickening.

/Rant over

+111111111111111 You have made my day!
Another suggestion:

Could you set up a new website (obviously on another IP) just for info?

A plain HTML site is enough, so we can get live info of the status of maitenance operations and DDoS attacks. Twitter would be ideal, but you already told us that won't happen....

This site will be more oriented to league/communities admins than the general public.
Guys i have problem in this a few days ..

some times when i play in my server with my friends when i disconnect and i want connect again shows Host not found server ! my friends inside the server and anyone can open server with same name of my server

sorry for my bad English i hope anyone help me
I doubt its someone who plays/knows lfs, maybe they just picked the target randomly or something?
Quote from Myffe :I doubt its someone who plays/knows lfs, maybe they just picked the target randomly or something?

Nah, this all began with attacks to cruise servers, cargame, etc. And now the attack is aimed at the master server itself, it can not be a coincidence.
Oh didn't know about those, move along people
Quote from asercom - LFS :Guys i have problem in this a few days ..

some times when i play in my server with my friends when i disconnect and i want connect again shows Host not found server ! my friends inside the server and anyone can open server with same name of my server

sorry for my bad English i hope anyone help me

Read the 1st post and that is your answer.
Quote from Whiskey :Nah, this all began with attacks from cruise servers. And now the attack is aimed at the master server itself, it can not be a coincidence.

I fixed it
Proper DDoSs protection can cost a fortune. Imo, contacting police regarding this would be the best thing to do. I'm pretty sure they can help out with it.
Quote from MousemanLV :Proper DDoSs protection can cost a fortune. Imo, contacting police regarding this would be the best thing to do. I'm pretty sure they can help out with it.

exactly my opinion
Do you think the policee have the rescources for it?
Heck, even if you send them a picture of a burglar in the act, most cases it gets dismissed. Hunting down 14 year old kids who is under the prison-age would get 0 attention from the police I think
Just don't react to attack with comments, they will get bored.
This thread is closed

Any news about Master Server recent frequent crashes?
(77 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG