The online racing simulator
Main advantages of Live for Speed
Hello,
I would like to hear your oppinions about live for speed, it's main advantages and dissadvantages? I'd like to share my opinions, your feedback is welcome.

Advantages of Life for Speed:
1) cheap to buy, to own a licence
2) friendly community
3) quality fictional cars characteristics
4) well made multiplayer system
5) physics score ((my opinion 75%) I know it is still in develompment)
6) open track configurations, allowes to place objects on the track
7) leagues
8) quick loading of the race

Dissadvantages of Live for Speed compared to other popular sims, such ass Simraceway, iRacing, rFactor, F1 2012 (ok, this one not really a sim)

1) slow development
2) graphics engine
3) physics of the car
4) lack of cars
5) lack of tracks
6) sence of speed (might be added to number 3 (pyscis of the car)

Can't really think of more dissadvanteges of live for speed, that means it should be my choise (and it is), bus also I'm quite interesting of playing SRW and iR.

Please tell your oppinions.
#2 - Mysho
I disagree with your main disadvantage. Make no development instead of slow development. And that is also alpha and omega of everything.
Quote from alliennas :ass Simraceway

Imo Ass Simraceway is a great game, just wish they would finally release the NASSCAR addon.
Quote from Gutholz :Imo Ass Simraceway is a great game, just wish they would finally release the NASSCAR addon.

OK, I did misspelled that there plans to release nascar addon soon in the sim.
I find interesting that you placed physics in both advantages and disadvantages...
About disadvantages - well,graphics aren't that bad,they're doing their job well enough for a simulator,cars could be more,but that's deffinitely not the biggest lack here either - tracks should be more. I organize a semi-weekly fun event,and when choosing track,often I come to a conclusion that there isn't anything what won't give that "been there,done that multiple times" feel. Another disadvantage could be the damage model - it's just annoying when people wrecks their car in a race totally (for example in open wheeler race in oval with speeds just below 300),limp to pits and in 40 seconds they have a brand new car.
About a physics - well said. Actually there is a big question about physics. In one point of view it is well mage, in other hand physics can also be combined with damage model, so in m view physics has it's own pluses and minuses
So you think the graphics are bad ?..-Go and play some bloody arcade shiznit Gran Turismo jebanutij lithuanian blat.

Graphics are completely fine. Imo, they are excellent ! They don't require a super duper powerful graphics card to run the game smoothly. In the end, it's a racing sim and I don't think that any graphic tweaks should be done at all !
Quote from MousemanLV :So you think the graphics are bad ?..-Go and play some bloody arcade shiznit Gran Turismo jebanutij lithuanian blat.

Graphics are completely fine. Imo, they are excellent ! They don't require a super duper powerful graphics card to run the game smoothly. In the end, it's a racing sim and I don't think that any graphic tweaks should be done at all !

Hmm.. If you say that graphics are fine, you might be out of your mind, pal. First of all, I didn't said, that graphics ar BAD, I've just said, that it needs an improvement (some sort), I think you didin't play iRacing and/or Simraceway, so you can;t compare it?
I've been playing iRacing since 2012, October. problom ?
Yush, I also play le play 4 free game on steam by simwhateverraceway, slightly overdone imo.
One advantage of Liveforspeed is that you can never really master the game. For instance if you play an arcade game such as Need For Speed most wanted, you can master the tracks and the cars handling in about 1 week, but in Live for speed, it is very hard to do this, which is why I carry on playing the game.

One Disadvantage is that most of the servers have similar combos such as GTR cars at Aston 5 or 6 and FBM at Blackwood 1, I think most people would like some...not odd but fun but at the same time challenging combos such as, fo8 at Kyoto 3 and UF1 at south city sprint 1 etc. I know this is going a bit off topic but personally, I would like to see most of the fun and challenging combos back in LFS.

I could add stuff like, the development is a bit slow, but alot of people have said this in the past so there's no need for me to mention any more disadvantages I don't think.
Quote from MousemanLV :So you think the graphics are bad ?..-Go and play some bloody arcade shiznit Gran Turismo jebanutij lithuanian blat.

you're an idiot, and you don't know what you're talking about...just get lost.

Thread ./
Imho the whilst the visuals are in many ways very basic, they do still look good and do not detract from the experience too much, and it wouldn't make the game more rewarding if they revamped the graphics.
Strengths of LFS: everything works bug free, every option you could wish for is available all the time. Load times are super fast.
Involving and rewarding "driving experience"/physics.
Netcode and multiplayer systems second to none.
Cheap
Crazy frame rate on poor hardware
Only official content

Weaknesses
Dwindling number of licensed racers
Cruise servers
Stagnated development
Only official content
Cannot be a$$ed to type my own, so will hijack Sinbads's post

Quote from sinbad :Imho the whilst the visuals are in many ways very basic, they do still look good and do not detract from the experience too much, and it wouldn't make the game more rewarding if they revamped the graphics.
Strengths of LFS: everything works bug free, every option you could wish for is available all the time. Load times are super fast.
Involving and rewarding "driving experience"/physics.
Netcode and multiplayer systems second to none.
Cheap
Crazy frame rate on poor hardware
Only official content :tumbsdown Would love to drive around Snetterton

Weaknesses Can you explain Sinbad
Dwindling number of licensed racers Totally agree, hence why I have started my server, Old Classic Combos, to try and entice some of you oldies back, like me
Cruise servers Personal opinion but I agree, what is the point, please explain somebody
Stagnated development Small Dev team so have to be expected I guess, but glad they didn't sell up to EA or somebody else
Only official content Agree, would be nice to race Snetty, Brandz, Castle Coomb, Oulton Park to name a few

Quote from alliennas :1) slow development
2) graphics engine
4) lack of cars
5) lack of tracks

Those factors both bear many advantages and disadvantages. But I won't even bother going into details by sheer laziness and knowledge that as only reward I probably only would be called a greenlandese idiotic blat who has no idea of what he's talking about of whatever else. This topic has probably been debated ad nauseum in the past anyway.

Quote from alliennas :2) friendly community

Ha! See posts #7 and #11.

Beside. There's no real "central" community anyway. At least, not anymore. People are endlessly dividing theselves, you have the divisions between the racers/drifters/cruisers, between the demo/S2 licensed players, between league and the public server players, between those who play on WKD/TC/cargame.nl/whatever server is the new big thing, between admins and players, and whatever other factor too. And even those with the most in common will often have those pointless, ego-driven rivalry, based on whatever other tiny difference, either real or imaginary, making even more divisions.

Plus people endlessly come and go, putting even more instability on this said "community", but I suppose that a big turn-over rate is always bound to happen in a 21st century gaming project attracting teenagers and young adults facing constant changes of lifestyle.
In relation to graphics, my opinion is they are fine for racing. Most of the information is there to allow us to judge turn in/braking points, and to give a sense of speed. Small changes in surface grip (which isn't particularly modeled yet could use some visual cues though) I suppose the graphics would matter more to those that sit there looking at the scenery for long periods.

The physics are fine too. The low speed grip, and tire model are being worked on, but they are still better than many other so called sims out there. Collisions are attempted realtime without "canned" effects, but there are still the odd moments when it goes wild. A better damage system would be nice to see at some point.

Cars and tracks could use some additions, but as already noted, they might be easy to learn, but difficult to master. I still marvel at the differences in ability on a mixed server.

The above points are what makes the netcode and fast load times possible. together with actually racing against people who are having exactly the same experience as you regardless of how much money they have thrown at their rig.

As for slow development and high turn over of players, I would like to believe that thee are many oldskool drivers that are biding their time. Things will come development wise, I'm confident of that, and I believe that there are many out there with the same feelings, but just lurking.

One negative point I will agree with completely is that of the community. Over the years it has not only declined, but turned into some kind of anti-social network. The instant gratification brigade when not bitching at the developers for not fulfilling their wants - NOW! are bitching at each other over the smallest of issues. It all makes the forums an unsavoury experience, and sadly the self moderating users have now gone quiet.

Watch your mouth, ok? Don't forget that lithuanians are also understand more or less russian expressions. Why do you attack him in such a terrible and impolite way without any proper reason? Use your head for once, at least.
Quote from seniecka :Watch your mouth, ok? Don't forget that lithuanians are also understand more or less russian expressions. Why do you attack him in such a terrible and impolite way without any proper reason? Use your head for once, at least.

he used his head... for talking shit
Quote from seniecka :Use your head for once, at least.

And I thought that everyone around this community knows that this Mouseboy isn't too bright between his ears...
You can't please all the people all the time. New tracks, new cars, would be lovely. I'm just going to wait patiently, money in hand to purchase S3 when it arrives. I love this game. I've tried netkartpro, race07, refuse to remortgage to play iRacing. This isn't my life, I play this for fun when I have the time, usually with a bunch of "like minded" sensible racers.

It's fine as it is, when S3 comes it will be better. Patience is a long lost virtue.
Good memories of being a troll and wrecking.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG