The online racing simulator
LFS on Steam - Poll
(247 posts, started )

Poll : Should LFS be sold on Steam

Closed since :
No, LFS should not be sold on Steam
Yes, LFS should be sold on Steam
Quote from Khann :Oh I dunno.. maybe because...

THEIR ENTIRE GAME IS BUILT AROUND THE WEBSITE?

Or that is requires a continuing payment system.
Quote from FPVaaron :Or that is requires a continuing payment system.

So does Aion yet it's available on Steam.
/thread
maybe one day we'll actually have a server with people in it... Oh never mind no we won't because no one has ever heard of LFS, because it never made it to steam... ;/

I don't care where it's sold, as long as it's sold and there are players, steam makes obvious sense.
Quote from zazzn :maybe one day we'll actually have a server with people in it... Oh never mind no we won't because no one has ever heard of LFS, because it never made it to steam... ;/

I don't care where it's sold, as long as it's sold and there are players, steam makes obvious sense.

I'm a long time user of both, Steam on launch day and LFS in early 2005 as a demo driver, and I believe Steam makes perfect sense, as a platform to sell the game.

I think there's a bit of an old school mentality around here which holds the game back, and produces elitism and ignorance. This is obviously incompatible with Steam, but has nothing to say for what's best for LFS, which I really do believe could be Steam, and/or any other digital platform or service.
I agree with you. LFS has no advertisement anywhere and steam offers that. So what if it would bring in a load of noobs.. but the fact is they wouldnt just buy a game to crash people. thats what the demo is for.
Well put it this way, Gran Turismo 5 has had over 5million sales in the past 4 months and I am still able to find clean racing there.
Anything to make LFS less dead would be good lol
how about steam greenlight?
How about no?
I am against Steam
Quote from CodeLyoko1 :well, It can lead to a massive community grow and a lot of new fast drivers

No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no.
Quote from CodeLyoko1 :nobody cares about a cruisers opinion

Let me correct you - nobody cares about nobody's opinion.
Quote from CodeLyoko1 :well, It can lead to a massive community grow and a lot of new fast drivers

I disagree with this comment, because. LFS is a learning curve. You simply cannot download, grab a wheel and be at a standard of race pace that you could say they are "fast drivers" We saw this with S1 and S2.

What could steam really offer for LFS?

You said advertising boards, what live update you mean....hmm more traffic to deal with then?

A simple place to download, we have that already?

All the profit's won't go to the Devs, steam must take a cut somewhere for using their service, so the price would have to increase to allow for this?

Sorry if any of the above has already been mentioned

Fordie
Quote from Fordman :I disagree with this comment, because. LFS is a learning curve. You simply cannot download, grab a wheel and be at a standard of race pace that you could say they are "fast drivers" We saw this with S1 and S2.

What could steam really offer for LFS?

You said advertising boards, what live update you mean....hmm more traffic to deal with then?

A simple place to download, we have that already?

All the profit's won't go to the Devs, steam must take a cut somewhere for using their service, so the price would have to increase to allow for this?

Sorry if any of the above has already been mentioned

Fordie

It's true that it's a learning curve, but you also need talent. If you don't know the game excists, then they will never be able to show the talent they have.

steam can offer LFS a bigger amount of racers. It can grow it's community making more money for the LFS dev's. Also livestreams and news get a bigger audience.

Steam also provides a bigger amount of mayment types. I couldn't buy LFS at first, cuz I didn't have paypal or credit card etc.

well, if more people buy it, they can keep it at the same price, cuz their income is bigger.

thanks for reading
-
(Bose321) DELETED by Bose321 : ninja
-
(CodeLyoko1) DELETED by CodeLyoko1 : dual ninja
cruisers
87% of Lfs population seem to be into cruising severs which i dont get, i used to have some good racing on lfs in 2006, seems to have gone down hill since cruisers came. I just hope S3 will boost racers need to race, we shall see!
Quote from jjones :87% of Lfs population seem to be into cruising severs which i dont get, i used to have some good racing on lfs in 2006, seems to have gone down hill since cruisers came. I just hope S3 will boost racers need to race, will shall see!

if the servers don't 'crash' all the time
Quote from Beaver08 :No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no.

What? Steam could give lfs better servers that you will not be able to take down, right?
Quote from denny12 :what? Steam could give lfs better servers that you will not be able to take down, right?

+1
well i am new to lfs, i was looking around for a new game to play, i vote yes to steam, i would of know about this game long ago, i played race07 on steam for years on without any problems and trackmania.
Quote from jjones :87% of Lfs population seem to be into cruising severs which i dont get, i used to have some good racing on lfs in 2006, seems to have gone down hill since cruisers came. I just hope S3 will boost racers need to race, will shall see!

This is what I hate about lfs atm, only servers I go to nowadays are pretty much FBM@BL1 because there isn't anything else

inb4 cargame
Quote from Denny12 :What? Steam could give lfs better servers that you will not be able to take down, right?

so dumb

LFS on Steam - Poll
(247 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG