The online racing simulator
Post your Car two
(2437 posts, started )
Quote from JJ72 :how much are one of these? compare to an S1 elise?

vx220 2.2 - 5k - 8k
vx220 turbo 6k - 12k
vxr220 turbo 14k +
vx220 sc 10k - 18k
its a step in the right direction...maybe you could drive it backwards.
Quote from R3DMAN :vx220 2.2 - 5k - 8k
vx220 turbo 6k - 12k
vxr220 turbo 14k +
vx220 sc 10k - 18k

I wish the used car prices here would be the same. Switzerland is so much more expensive. The turbo versions here go for 25k (GBP), normal ones for 15-20k. *

*almost brand new with under 30'000km
almost affordable, but they are even more rare than elises over here :o

btw, new switches, head unit and gauges, the headunit is still way too modern....but can't find an affordable yet retro looking one with USB support, this is 80 pounds shipped so no complaint.
Attached images
WP_20130405_006.jpg
I wish we had Opel at all.. I probably still wouldn't have one, but it'd add a little spice to the roads!
Just went to the garage to pick up the old car papers from the previous owner and go to the authorities to change them to my name. The car was there already... it has Elise seats... there's more and more small details, keeps getting better and better, can't wait for tomorrow!

I will keep the M3 for now. I might be getting an extra sponsor through the season. Also planning for an engine upgrade for next year. Think it will be a BMW V8 4.0 or 4.4 and buy a supercharger kit for that. Could sell my M3 engine setup for around 4000€ here so that could fund the supercharger for 85%.
If u go for v8 get the m5 one.the m62 will blow up on the first run
And why is that?

i have raised it up a tad since, it now sits nice but phone died so haven't took any pictures
Quote from flymike91 :its a step in the right direction...maybe you could drive it backwards.

i can try....

Not.

it is surprisingly nice to drive! well anything with 4 wheels that is not american is nice to drive after 6 months of socermom van swag life
Yep, no doubt with oodles of experience with them.
how she sits
Is there a fat midget in the trunk?
Quote from Tinytacohead :Is there a fat midget in the trunk?

no there's a socket set, jack, manifold and down pipe and all my uni stuff. but the suspension still isn't set up properly so i'll adjust it properly after work tomorrow, going to put the front down to the same level as the back
Reverse rake, f*** yeah!
Ahh Ok. Without that info it's as if the pic is the final stance. Most here will disagree but I'm not sure I'd go lower than the front currently appears. (hard to say without a level side shot etc though)

Got my NB door panels in, (and various other little things), over Easter weekend. Been too lazy to pull the pics off my laptop though, haha.
Quote from 5tag :Reverse rake, f*** yeah!

i know, i ran out of time before work and didn't have the time to put the fronts down
Nothing too interesting here, but soo much better than Mk.1's! (and I got rid of all my door rattles, lol) While this shot doesn't show much of the factory tan, as seen by the edge of the dash, the dye job is spot-on. (they were originally the really light Mk.II tan) I'm not 100% happy with the quality of the black inserts, but they were freebies from some black panels & I like the contrast better than leaving them stock/tan. Eventually they'll get re-covered, maybe in perforated black leather and/or have the M-Edition logo embroidered in the center. (in blue, to match the OEM headrests) Installed @ the same time were some 7" Kenwood Excelon components, (eventually they'll get amped), and an OEM DRL module from a Canadian spec Mk.1. Hopefully next in line is a full respray, (sticking with the factory Starlight Mica Blue), and then on to some coldside MP62 fun!

EDIT - oh yea, I also installed some new interior lighting.. considering how silly the sun visors are, I removed them & plugged the holes with some LED's, as well as stuck a matching LED dome bulb in and an LED in each inner/lower factory light blank. (all wired to the dome control, so they operate like stock/when the doors are opened etc) MEGA improvement over OEM & of course much lower current draw
Attached images
NB Panel1.jpg
Visor Plugs1.jpg
Visor Plugs2.jpg
Quote from Tinytacohead :Nothing too interesting here, but soo much better than Mk.1's! (and I got rid of all my door rattles, lol) While this shot doesn't show much of the factory tan, as seen by the edge of the dash, the dye job is spot-on. (they were originally the really light Mk.II tan) I'm not 100% happy with the quality of the black inserts, but they were freebies from some black panels & I like the contrast better than leaving them stock/tan. Eventually they'll get re-covered, maybe in perforated black leather and/or have the M-Edition logo embroidered in the center. (in blue, to match the OEM headrests) Installed @ the same time were some 7" Kenwood Excelon components, (eventually they'll get amped), and an OEM DRL module from a Canadian spec Mk.1. Hopefully next in line is a full respray, (sticking with the factory Starlight Mica Blue), and then on to some coldside MP62 fun!

EDIT - oh yea, I also installed some new interior lighting.. considering how silly the sun visors are, I removed them & plugged the holes with some LED's, as well as stuck a matching LED dome bulb in and an LED in each inner/lower factory light blank. (all wired to the dome control, so they operate like stock/when the doors are opened etc) MEGA improvement over OEM & of course much lower current draw

that doorcard looks really good, adds a touch of class
Thanks man.. they're OEM for '01-'05 panels, except that the inserts are usually the same color as the surrounding area. I thought they should contrast a bit though + got lucky & ran across some black freebies. Putting '99/'00 panels into a Mk.1 is MUCH easier, but I specifically wanted the inserts, so went the extra mile, and it was worth it. Still not entirely sure what direction I'll take if I get around to re-doing them.. a third idea was to go with a dark blue material, (probably perforated), as in to match the external paint. (and I guess no embroidery, since blue on blue wouldn't show up very well) The more I think about it, the more I'm liking that idea actually! Would be a good time to fix my broken window guides that're massively slowing them down as well.
Camera flash always highlights the dirt!! It's spotless in the dark!

Post your Car two
(2437 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG