The online racing simulator
Wow, it still hasn't been released? This is just... stupid, well... I'll keep waiting then. I am patient as never, it will come out one day, I am sure.

By the time of wait I've done a lot, I moved to 3 countries (living now in UK). So the wait is not really killing me, but hell, 4 years for an update? Devs, remember: this is only a game. No matter how hard you'll try, you will never come close to reality in terms of physics. It doesn't matter that the game is supposed to be a simulation, it will be still only a piece of software, a game that gives people fun. Too bad that your aim and want to do most realistic physics ever turns community against you slowly. Well, hell with it, let's just keep waiting. Off for another year then... hoping to see S3 someday.
Quote from Maniek007 :Wow, it still hasn't been released? This is just... stupid, well... I'll keep waiting then. I am patient as never, it will come out one day, I am sure.

By the time of wait I've done a lot, I moved to 3 countries (living now in UK). So the wait is not really killing me, but hell, 4 years for an update? Devs, remember: this is only a game. No matter how hard you'll try, you will never come close to reality in terms of physics. It doesn't matter that the game is supposed to be a simulation, it will be still only a piece of software, a game that gives people fun. Too bad that your aim and want to do most realistic physics ever turns community against you slowly. Well, hell with it, let's just keep waiting. Off for another year then... hoping to see S3 someday.

no information no video no screen.... is easy to post... but nothing..
Hey all ,

Talking about the LFS Development again? Right, yes some of us who are the LFS Wise men within the community have been waiting 4 years for a massive update which will bring us the VWS, and rockingham and a brand new outlook on Live For Speed as a whole, but YOU NEED TO REMEMBER THAT THE LIVE FOR SPEED DEVELOPERS DO THIS NOT FOR A LIVING BUT VOLUNTARILLY AND FOR THEIR APPRANT ENJOYMENT.

Just maybe them, developing it for 4 years or even more than 4 years could just be a sign that the developers are taking their time with the Update and the physics update, how about spairing them a thought? Once in a while think about what they are doing for you, and draw a comparison to what we had when it first started to what we have now!!!

You should feel lucky that you even have LFS and that you are able to use LFS and go on this forum to talk to everyone!

A note to the newbies of the forum and the community, if you complain about not having a upgrade or anything you need to sort your life out, and to be honest you need to be quiet and put a soak in it!

WE ARE LUCKY TO HAVE LIVE FOR SPEED, DO NOT WASTE TIME COMPLAINING ON THESE KIND OF THREADS! GET ON WITH CRUISING HERE AT LFS! AND WAIT FOR IT LIKE THE REST OF US ARE!
Quote from (The Stig) :Hey all ,

Talking about the LFS Development again? Right, yes some of us who are the LFS Wise men within the community have been waiting 4 years for a massive update which will bring us the VWS, and rockingham and a brand new outlook on Live For Speed as a whole, but YOU NEED TO REMEMBER THAT THE LIVE FOR SPEED DEVELOPERS DO THIS NOT FOR A LIVING BUT VOLUNTARILLY AND FOR THEIR APPRANT ENJOYMENT.

Just maybe them, developing it for 4 years or even more than 4 years could just be a sign that the developers are taking their time with the Update and the physics update, how about spairing them a thought? Once in a while think about what they are doing for you, and draw a comparison to what we had when it first started to what we have now!!!

You should feel lucky that you even have LFS and that you are able to use LFS and go on this forum to talk to everyone!

A note to the newbies of the forum and the community, if you complain about not having a upgrade or anything you need to sort your life out, and to be honest you need to be quiet and put a soak in it!

WE ARE LUCKY TO HAVE LIVE FOR SPEED, DO NOT WASTE TIME COMPLAINING ON THESE KIND OF THREADS! GET ON WITH CRUISING HERE AT LFS! AND WAIT FOR IT LIKE THE REST OF US ARE!

are you serious?

what's the problem post videos, photos of work and progress??

If S3 does not come out is not a problem .... many people will migrate to other simulators that are currently being developed and next to an exit and life goes on!

LFS is their JOB and FOOD...

I think we all agree the devs have chosen the wrong business model as of doing everything secretly. Where are the map updates, the RB4 interior, the secret cars that Eric has been ****ing working for years...?

Its a shame because the game had a lot of potential, the physics are already year ahead of any other simulator, it just needed a graphics and content update. Now that Asetto Corsa is coming out soon, I think a lot of people will switch. It has great physics, graphics and content. Who gives a crap if tyres dont milimetrically perform like real life?

By the time S3 & physics come it will probably be too late to give a crap.
Don't get me wrong here, I LOVE LFS. It just feels weird how long it takes to release a physics update. Take a look at the posts devs made back in Dec 08 and Aug 09' when they announced that they weren't going to release Scirocco. At that point, they said they've already produced most of the physics but were refining the smaller details. If that is true and they did produce most of the physics refinements in a few months, why does it take more than 3 years to finish off the small details. (I legitimately don't know how to code this stuff, so actual question :shrug

It doesn't really matter that the devs have become less frequent in developing, but I'm sure a lot has been done. It's frustrating to think that there are so many improvements that can be applied to the simulator we've loved so much but for some reason, they're not being released. The sim never can or will be perfect, so there's no point in waiting for the sim to be developed to have exact physics before releasing it. I'm sure the community would be more than happy to play with whatever has been developped until this point and maybe, just maybe, we can go back to how the community was.

Devs may be volunteering, but it's sad to see such a wonderful successful project with so much potential go to the gutter
Well, i'll never ask for an update or a new LFS version... i don't like to pray for it. So, i just enjoy driving this simulator and the best netcode ever made... at least until next-gen simulators will come and i think we don't have to wait so much... in few weeks, i think we'll give a try to the first one.
Quote from kimd41 :LFS is their JOB and FOOD...

I think we all agree the devs have chosen the wrong business model as of doing everything secretly. Where are the map updates, the RB4 interior, the secret cars that Eric has been ****ing working for years...?

Its a shame because the game had a lot of potential, the physics are already year ahead of any other simulator, it just needed a graphics and content update. Now that Asetto Corsa is coming out soon, I think a lot of people will switch. It has great physics, graphics and content. Who gives a crap if tyres dont milimetrically perform like real life?

By the time S3 & physics come it will probably be too late to give a crap.

You've vocalized it better than I can. It's true, there's no doubt a bunch of people will be migrating. Still won't lose hope
How long c.a.r.s is busy with setting up a multiplayer environment? Since last summer I think. How long are they busy with Ifactor2 already; also years. And people think that asetto corsa is going to do that in a few weeks? Come on. Maybe just as bad as with NetKar but that will not lead to success. Getting racesim popularity is a combination of various elements. Physics and content is just one of those many elements.
Quote from cargame.nl :How long c.a.r.s is busy with setting up a multiplayer environment? Since last summer I think. How long are they busy with Ifactor2 already; also years. And people think that asetto corsa is going to do that in a few weeks? Come on. Maybe just as bad as with NetKar but that will not lead to success. Getting racesim popularity is a combination of various elements. Physics and content is just one of those many elements.

Asetto Corsa nails it in every aspect: physics, graphics, FFB, content.... we just have to see MP and probably it will be great.
Quote from kimd41 :I think we all agree the devs have chosen the wrong business model as of doing everything secretly.

What makes you think you can speak for "we all" ?

The business model the devs chose resulted in LFS. That's good enough for me, definitely the correct business model.
If you know a better approach to developing a simulator, why not use it to make a better simulator, then everyone will buy your game and play it instead. Good luck though. Since LFS came out, no alternative business model has produced a sim better than LFS.

As far as doing everything secretly - if you'd been around since the beginning of LFS, you would know that the devs used to be open about their work, but over and over again, they were attacked by elements of the community and eventually they decided that silence was the best policy. I don't blame them at all for that.
Quote from cargame.nl :How long c.a.r.s is busy with setting up a multiplayer environment? Since last summer I think. How long are they busy with Ifactor2 already; also years. And people think that asetto corsa is going to do that in a few weeks? Come on. Maybe just as bad as with NetKar but that will not lead to success. Getting racesim popularity is a combination of various elements. Physics and content is just one of those many elements.

Dave i know you are sceptical About Ac , but one things they have made clear that the multiplayer is supose to be an improvemente of netkar and new colision system etc Of course to see who is rigth we need to w8
The Devs can Wait

In maybe some Years they can sell it for the Smartphones as an App, and have Millions of new Players. Nearly nothing is so Playable and current like LFS on single Cores. They are Rich and they have Time to find resource-friendly solutions for the future.

:monkey:
Quote from Xenix74 :The Devs can Wait

In maybe some Years they can sell it for the Smartphones as an App, and have Millions of new Players. Nearly nothing is so Playable and current like LFS on single Cores. They are Rich and they have Time to find resource-friendly solutions for the future.

:monkey:

From a processing power perspective, yes.

The problem is playing sim racing on a phone/slate/tablet is tricky. I'm not saying it shouldn't be done, it's just not easy to be done right.
May I remind you bunch of numpties that F1 teams with their gigantic resources and massive brains still struggle massively getting a barely accurate tyre model sorted for their simulations.

trying to create an accurate tyre model takes years to get right. deal with it
Quote from Intrepid :May I remind you bunch of numpties that F1 teams with their gigantic resources and massive brains still struggle massively getting a barely accurate tyre model sorted for their simulations.

trying to create an accurate tyre model takes years to get right. deal with it

That's a good point about the F1 teams. Given that, and the time it has taken to get who knows where with the LFS tyre modelling, it does make me wonder whether it was the right decision to approach the physics in the was LFS has. Is it too much to produce an accurate model that works in all situations and then try to boil it down into something that can work in real time on a moderately powerful PC?
Quote from Keling :From a processing power perspective, yes.

The problem is playing sim racing on a phone/slate/tablet is tricky. I'm not saying it shouldn't be done, it's just not easy to be done right.

Absolutely true, but people play with Mouse, Keyboard or Gamepads on Pc the same its simple possible with Smartphones or Tablets. There are alot of Bluetooth equipment on the market. You can also use the Sensors for Wheelcontrol and displaybutton for Gas/Brake and Volumekeys for Switching the Gears.
Everthing is possible if the Devs want make more money in future

PS.Sorry for my bad english
Quote from Storm_Cloud :That's a good point about the F1 teams. Given that, and the time it has taken to get who knows where with the LFS tyre modelling, it does make me wonder whether it was the right decision to approach the physics in the was LFS has. Is it too much to produce an accurate model that works in all situations and then try to boil it down into something that can work in real time on a moderately powerful PC?

Maybe not the best way in terms of producing a product, but hopefully the best in terms of final result.
Everyone has vague criticisms of LFS tyre model, but I'd like to know exactly what it was that made Scawen realise that it had to be overhauled. What specific characteristic of the way the Scirocco drove on the current tyre model, with realistic suspension settings, was enough to push him to make what has turned out to be such a major decision.
+1 sinbad!
Quote from sinbad :Maybe not the best way in terms of producing a product, but hopefully the best in terms of final result.
Everyone has vague criticisms of LFS tyre model, but I'd like to know exactly what it was that made Scawen realise that it had to be overhauled. What specific characteristic of the way the Scirocco drove on the current tyre model, with realistic suspension settings, was enough to push him to make what has turned out to be such a major decision.

He discussed that a while back about the Scirocco tires behaving badly in cornering. I don't feel like looking it up right now.But it made sense.
-
(Be2K) DELETED by Be2K : multi-post
Quote from CheerioDM :
Quote from sinbad :Maybe not the best way in terms of producing a product, but hopefully the best in terms of final result.

He discussed that a while back about the Scirocco tires behaving badly in cornering. I don't feel like looking it up right now.But it made sense.

They knew it far before they ever had a concept for the VWS, but with the decision to bring the first real road car to lfs they moved on with the idea for limited setup settings. This turned out to be a big major change for nearly everything! Scawen tried to fix some minor handling issues to get things better but at some points it did it much worse than before.

So he flipped his table and got back to basics and so he is still in his own business with this Tyre thing since 2008 early 2009

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG