The online racing simulator
2013 F1 Malaysia GP
(288 posts, started )
Quote from TexasLTU :Fall off a ladder and break your back Karl.

What did I said wrong?

He was rubbish today and luckily he took himself out before anyone else...
Quote from BlueFlame :The truth is, the only people that are Vettel fans are those who are trying to be left-field, or people who only watched F1 for all of 5minutes because everyone with a brain knows Vettel probably isn't in the top 5 of the best drivers in the F1 grid.

As much as i think Vettel is a Cock this is total bullshit, he is one of the top 3 drivers on the grid but i think its been exaggerated from webber not being suited to the pirelli nonsense.

As much as it might look better for the show the drivers are underdriving to keep the tyres from going all melted butter on them its garbage.
#1 Hamilton #2 Alonso #3Button #4Rosberg #5Bianchi

I rest my case.
Quote from BlueFlame :#1 Hamilton #2 Alonso #3Button #4Rosberg #5Bianchi

I rest my case.

Your Blueflame

I rest my case.
Quote from Mustafur :Your Blueflame

I rest my case.

You're Mustafur. The only case you have is in your head.
alonso will be #1
omg, Webber's body language/expression after Seb explained overriding team orders by saying it was "hot"

#108 - 65D
Attached images
multi21.jpg
so will webber get a 10 place grid penalty for repeating pretty much exactly the schuamcher barrichello incident?
Quote from Shotglass :so will webber get a 10 place grid penalty for repeating pretty much exactly the schuamcher barrichello incident?

Congrats on not knowing what happened.
Quote from Shotglass :so will webber get a 10 place grid penalty for repeating pretty much exactly the schuamcher barrichello incident?

Nowhere near as dangerous as the Schumacher Barrichello incident.

Decent race and could be an interesting development between the two RBR drivers.
The drama is awesome!
Quote from TypeRacing :What did I said wrong?

He was rubbish today and luckily he took himself out before anyone else...

Not like he decided not-to-repair front wing himself, it was Ferrari's choice and I admit it was shite.

It's just you and your blind hate towards anything red. :rolleyes:
Quote from sinbad :Nowhere near as dangerous as the Schumacher Barrichello incident.

Decent race and could be an interesting development between the two RBR drivers.

I kinda think that Webber was defending the inside and Vettel [unknown to Webber at the time] went completely inside.
Quote from BlueFlame :I kinda think that Webber was defending the inside and Vettel [unknown to Webber at the time] went completely inside.

Well that is what happened, except you can't be sure what a driver is or is not aware of in those circumstances. He didn't close a door that Vettel already had his nose in to the point where Vettel had the "lift or hit wall" choice which Schumacher presented Barrichello with, so there is no comparison. It was simply normal defending and attacking, which happened to take place on the s/f straight.

At least Vettel has learnt from Turkey to wait for some room before trying to move back to the middle. Webber did the same thing of pinning him to the inside as long as possible to compromise Vettel's corner entry, which he is perfectly entitled to do. It was a good scrap.

Always good to see a driver being reminded that side-by-side after the apex at any competitive level is asking for trouble (Hulkenburg on Kimi) too. "Firm but fair". No messing about, you hang on around the outside, you're getting squeezed.
Quote from TexasLTU :Not like he decided not-to-repair front wing himself, it was Ferrari's choice and I admit it was shite.

Karl speaks about Fernando and his own mistake hittin' Seb at the very start, at the second corner. It's was amateur level mistake and Fernando made a mistake after a long time. Everybody makes mistakes. We are all human beings.
#117 - CSF
Quote from TexasLTU :Not like he decided not-to-repair front wing himself, it was Ferrari's choice and I admit it was shite.

Alonso's mistake. Your bias for anything Alonso. No one else at fault for him going retard in t1/t2, surely the big understeer was a sign for the god of all Formula that his wing was broken?
He was hoping it would hang on for 3 or 4 laps so he could get slicks at the same time. It was a risk that didn't work out. There is a difference between knocking a couple of planes off the wing or an end fence and breaking the pillars. Team should have overruled with safety in mind in that instance as Alonso can't see the wing so could know how bad it was.
#119 - CSF
Quote from Storm_Cloud :He was hoping it would hang on for 3 or 4 laps so he could get slicks at the same time. It was a risk that didn't work out. There is a difference between knocking a couple of planes off the wing or an end fence and breaking the pillars. Team should have overruled with safety in mind in that instance as Alonso can't see the wing so could know how bad it was.

Considering the team were apparently ready for him, it was a bad attempt at gaining an advantage. It was never going to work, the front wing is far too an important part in modern Formula One aerodynamics. Mark talks about Seb being protected, but Fernando is far more protected from his mistakes by Ferrari.
If you ask me, Vettel was the only one thinking long term. Him winning a fourth WDC by less than 7 points is a far more likely scenario than Mark Webber being 1st or a close 2nd.
Quote from CSF :Considering the team were apparently ready for him, it was a bad attempt at gaining an advantage. It was never going to work, the front wing is far too an important part in modern Formula One aerodynamics. Mark talks about Seb being protected, but Fernando is far more protected from his mistakes by Ferrari.

He remained in 2nd place until the end of the lap. Performance wise it was a risk worth taking as far as Alonso was concerned because he could only feel the damage, not see it. Team should have called him in.
Quote from CSF :Considering the team were apparently ready for him, it was a bad attempt at gaining an advantage. It was never going to work, the front wing is far too an important part in modern Formula One aerodynamics. Mark talks about Seb being protected, but Fernando is far more protected from his mistakes by Ferrari.

Well its aerodynamic importance played zero part in why it was the wrong decision. Infact, it actually had the opposite effect as if it didnt fail the laptime gain wasnt enough to make stopping worthwhile. The problem was it broke and caused him to DNF so I guess youre just trolling, like usual. All he can do is say whether the laptime loss is worse than the penalty for pitting and then pitting again in a few laps. In terms of the call to pit if there is a safety risk, thats the teams decision, theyre the 1 who can see the loading, the tv screens etc. Obviously the mistake to break his own front wing was his fault though and small things like that can decide championships. But I'm sure Vettel, Hamilton or Raikkonen have never made mistakes in their formula 1 careers so clearly Alonso is a danger to other drivers, a complete moron who shouldnt be compared to true greats like them
If I was rosberg I would have gone past hamilton. Unless it was a contract issue with merc (hamilton having a schumacher clause in his contract) there was no point holding rosberg back imho. Not enough fuel? Well, tough luck - your team mate is faster than you and that's it. Maybe this showed rosberg does not really want to win the dwc enough.

As for kimi. I'm starting to think he needs to work on his wet weather driving. He simply seems to lack pace when it's wet or raining. It defenately did cost him a lot in this weekend (poor quali and early part of the race).

As for alonso I think the decision to not pit was understandable. We all knew the wing will probably break when it is being put under the biggest amount of load and that happens at the end of the straightaway when the speed and downforce are the biggest. His wing did survive the first long straightaway so with that in mind I would have thought the wing will not break on the second straightaway either. But it didn't.

schuamcher barrichello:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?f ... e&v=sHJbKhqaASg#t=61s

All the vettel/webber vids seems to be dropping from youtube as fast as I can link them here but when I saw it it looked very much the same thing in both cases imho so penalty would be appropriate.

---

As for the whole thing between vettel and webber in this race to me it seemed that rbr were grooming vettel for the win all the race/weekend long but for some reason decided in the end that maybe webber should win instead. So what happens is that they slow down webber at some parts of the race but let vettel keep blasting as fast as he can and then be surprised when vettel is not as willing to to play the second fiddle to webber when it is suddenly expected at the end.

Of course at the end mark was also told to slow down as was vettel but in the end the question is who would have come on top if nobody was told to slow down? In this race both seemed to be able to win it and rbr defenately wants vettel to win it more. Vettel also knows just as well as the rest of us that he is the better driver of the two and has much bigger chance of actually winning the dwc at the end of the year even if in this race webber maybe looked to be the faster one.

Also it is just pure plain kudos to vettel to not not just drive behind some slower drive like some rosbergs or webbers of the field seem to be happy to do but drive past them and win if that is what it takes. Sucks for webber who may have been robbed of win in this race but in the end it is exactly what rbr wanted. 1-2 for rbr with the one with more L letter in his name at the front.
John Watson thinks that if RBR are to have any authority over Vettel for this and the coming seasons then he needs to be taken down a peg or two. The only sanction available is to suspend him from the next race.

Can't see it happening, but if they don't then they might as well send Vettel to the Team Principal's Press Conference in China instead of Horner.

2013 F1 Malaysia GP
(288 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG