The online racing simulator
2013 F1 Malaysia GP
(288 posts, started )
Poor form from Vettel, if he ignored team instructions to hold station. Mark is right to be pissed.

But then, I can't think of any WDC other than Button or Damon Hill who would have obeyed in the same circumstances.
Quote from samjh :Poor form from Vettel, if he ignored team instructions to hold station. Mark is right to be pissed.

But then, I can't think of any WDC other than Button or Damon Hill who would have obeyed in the same circumstances.

Ahem. Turkey 2010.. Button pretended not to understand very similar team instructions.

Then again, maybe they really didnt mention anything to him. Never did find out...
#79 - CSF
Mark had a damn good go at getting the lead back too. Was fun.
Quote from DevilDare :Ahem. Turkey 2010.. Button pretended not to understand very similar team instructions.

Then again, maybe they really didnt mention anything to him. Never did find out...

What I'm thinking is this: if a team wants to have a triple WDC (or even any WDC) in their stable, and a driver equally hungry for a WDC, they'd be extremely naive to think that their orders will be followed by both drivers. History shows how ill-placed that sort of faith is.

This is less of an issue between Vettel and Webber, and more about Horner's management of his drivers. Both drivers have disobeyed orders in the past, and will continue to do so. He should be prepared to give up on orders and let them race, or else put his foot down and impose real sanctions.
Quote from DevilDare :Well Webber seems to think they had something pre-planned and agreed upon.

They did. The only reason Vettel got close is because Webber was under the understanding that they were cruising and had his engine turned down.

3times world champion and he acts like a spoilt little shit.
As Hamilton's fan, I feel sorry for him. I understand his frustration, 'cos he won the 3rd place thanks to team tactics. Not the best podium to celebrate. And I feel sorry for Rosberg who could have won well deserved 3rd place, but didn't.

In overall, I can sum up this race like this:

1)

2)

3) This

4) Brawn: Negative.

5) Raikkonen's and Hulk's fight.

6) Total embarrassment at the pits.
The problem is that there aren't any sanctions to impose. What will they do - fine him, suspend him, give hm a telling off? The first and last mean nothing whilst they can't suspend him. That means they can't do anything so should race without orders. If they race without orders however, it should apply to both.
Quite enjoyable race, too bad Hamilton didnt let Rosberg go 3rd since Hamilton was supposed to save fuel and there was no such thing ordered to Rosberg, anyway, great race from Redbull and Mercedes and I feel bad for Button, but its a race and sh*t happens
Quote from Storm_Cloud :The problem is that there aren't any sanctions to impose. What will they do - fine him, suspend him, give hm a telling off? The first and last mean nothing whilst they can't suspend him. That means they can't do anything so should race without orders. If they race without orders however, it should apply to both.

There's nothing they can really do, but really Vettel is the Kyle Busch of F1. Faster than shite off a shovel but a complete ****.
Quote from BlueFlame :There's nothing they can really do, but really Vettel is the Kyle Busch of F1. Faster than shite off a shovel but a complete ****.

Still better racecraft than Alonso's
Quote from TypeRacing :Still better racecraft than Alonso's

In this race yes.

The point stands, 90% of fans dislike Vettel and all the rest of the drivers don't like him at all.
I don't like team orders and I'm all for racing against your teammates, especially this early in the season but both drivers should be aware that they're still racing each other. If Vettel had said to the team "f**k this, I'm going for it, tell Mark I'm going to race him" then fair play. I doubt the team would have liked it but the fans would have respected it. Right now Vettel blindsided Webber and came out looking like a spoilt prick.
Quote from BlueFlame :There's nothing they can really do, but really Vettel is the Kyle Busch of F1. Faster than shite off a shovel but a complete ****.

What would Vettel do in Mercedes or McLaren even... I'd like to see, just out of curiosity. Alonso, Hamilton even Massa... They all would be fast in RedBull imo
Quote from Mysho :What would Vettel do in Mercedes or McLaren even...

He would be nowhere?

And yeah those drivers would all be fast, but Vettel fans will never agree it's the car...

Hint: check the middle finger.
Quote from TypeRacing :Still better racecraft than Alonso's

You can't really say that when Alonso DNF's on lap 2....
Alonso drove into the back of a car, in a way that was completely avoidable. That is not good racecraft. Or maybe it is, for Australians.
Not only that - hitting other car on beginning of the second lap, losing all control of the car, which is one of the strightest mistake against rules
Quote from CrAZySkyPimp :1. Who will win? Vettel
2. Who will take Pole? Vettel
3. How many laps we will see behind Safety Car? 0
4. Will we see the Red Flag? No
5. First one to crash his car? Maldonado
6. How many cars will finish the race? 18

Aww, Maldonado y u no retire earlier, would've been 6/6
Fall off a ladder and break your back Karl.

Talking about RB/Merc... Well no surprise about Vettel being a dick and not giving a **** about what Horner/Marko (not likely) or Newey, but Mercedes surprised me as they look like giving priority to "newbie" Hamilton.
I suspect there is a little bit of that going on. But Nico got ahead of Hamilton more than once and didn't make it stick. Some of the burden of missing an easy podium lay at nico's door.

Alonso as well. Very very loose today. Should have pitted.
Quote from S3ANPukekoh3 :Would they be able to win in a Toro Rosso?

I don't know why everyone is so fanatical about team orders today. I wonder what people would be saying if it had been reversed and Webber has disobeyed and passed Vettel for the win.

If it had been reversed then it would be the same from this (the uninformed) side of the fence. One driver is driving to a pace and the other ignores it. If it was a fair fight then that's fine, but it wasn't.

If Webber had blindsided Vettel then Buemi would be sitting in the No 2 RB come Shanghai...

(If you don't know who Wade Aunger is, he is a speedway (dirt) and V8 Ute commentator. A hilarious one, at that)
The truth is, the only people that are Vettel fans are those who are trying to be left-field, or people who only watched F1 for all of 5minutes because everyone with a brain knows Vettel probably isn't in the top 5 of the best drivers in the F1 grid.

2013 F1 Malaysia GP
(288 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG