The online racing simulator
2013 Kyoto 250: Server Information and General Discussion

2013 Kyoto 250 - Server Information and General Questions / Discussions

Server Name: NDR.Kyoto 250
Server Password: Password for all practice sessions available here (must be logged in to view it - soon will be restricted to logged in AND entered)

Use this thread for general series questions and/or discussion. Frequently Asked Questions and their answers will be added to this OP.
Skin kits 'n stuff?
Hey guys, try to do the practice sessions. As always making a couple are required. I noticed there are plenty of signups but roughly half or so have done practice sessions. Need more than that.

Deko will pour in plenty of sessions Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. So please be prepared. Would like to have a full grid of cars for the 250 (and large fields for the twins if possible).
Every session except the one i drove i was at work.I will try to attend all remaining sessions.It is not disrespect to the series.
I got really lucky with the timing of the sessions so I got a few done, but the rest of pretty much impossible for me. Wasn't meaning to call anyone out, was just making sure all knew about the practice sessions that are needed and that it is best to attend them when you can.
Using the password on the sign-up site I'm receiving a "wrong password" message :|
Quote from Cornys :Using the password on the sign-up site I'm receiving a "wrong password" message :|

that means you typed the wrong password
Quote from CodeLyoko1 :that means you typed the wrong password

Copy and pasted it

Edit: It keeps sending me to the 2012 page
Quote from Cornys :Copy and pasted it

Sometimes there is a bonus space character that gets copied even though it doesn't exist to your sight of the page. Copy it to notepad first, then into LFS.
Sorry for double post, but the rules say this:

Quote :4.All cars are single-driver cars. A “Team” is a grouping of at least one but no more than threecars. A team that wishes to run more than three cars as their team name may name theirteams similarly, with the only difference being an added number identifier (eg Team 1 and Team 2)

Does that mean we really have to add the number IDs to the team names if there are more than 3 people on the same team? I see at least three teams entered with more than 3 drivers, so I am wondering if this rule applies or not. Well, logically it should, but I’m just making sure.
-
(ChristijaNL) DELETED by ChristijaNL
Hey, I have a question that I've looked all around for, but I can't find the answer. Is this race 250 km, mi, or laps? I ask because I'm on a limited time table, so whichever is used to measure the race will affect my being able to compete.
Quote from Mr. Kninja :Hey, I have a question that I've looked all around for, but I can't find the answer. Is this race 250 km, mi, or laps? I ask because I'm on a limited time table, so whichever is used to measure the race will affect my being able to compete.

250 miles / 135 laps + 5 pace laps

Last years race took about 2½ hours, which I think was the fastest race so far
Okay, thanks for your help. Not sure if I'll be able to compete now, I'm hopeful that I will though. It'll be my first "big" race in LFS if I'm able to make it.

I'm not able to actually enter on the website just yet, still need to get confirmation that I have a ride with a team for the race.
Team isn't needed. If you need a setup or something, I could help you with that.
I know a team isn't needed, I'd just like to have one, and I have a deal lined up, if only the owner would respond.

But I'll enter now and if he agrees, I'll modify my entry.
Matt, you are now out of jail.
Pit lane use
I am unsure where to ask, but this is about pit lane use:

The Clean Driving Rules states:

P-3: Cars on the pit driving lane have right-of-way over cars in, and coming out of, the pit stall lane.
P-4: When leaving the pit stall, drivers must join into the pit lane immediately unless there is oncoming traffic.

Last night I have seen drivers finishing their pitstops and then driving on the left of the pit parking spaces, passing drivers on the left while they are stationary doing their pit stops. In one instance I was hit by a car passing on my left while I was stationary.

In my opinion:

Proper use of pits:

1) Stay in the pit lane
2) Turn sharply into your pit parking space, do your pit stop
3) Turn sharply out of your pit parking space into the pit lane
4) Fill up pit parking spaces from the front towards the back - especially when 15 cars try to pit simultaneously.
Quote from Jettascuba :Proper use of pits:

1) Stay in the pit lane
4) Fill up pit parking spaces from the front towards the back - especially when 15 cars try to pit simultaneously.

This is nice to try, but it's not that easy in LFS especialy because the pit stalls are hard to see sometimes, and i don't want to loose 5 sec in pits..
Quote from Jettascuba :I am unsure where to ask, but this is about pit lane use:

The Clean Driving Rules states:

P-3: Cars on the pit driving lane have right-of-way over cars in, and coming out of, the pit stall lane.
P-4: When leaving the pit stall, drivers must join into the pit lane immediately unless there is oncoming traffic.

Last night I have seen drivers finishing their pitstops and then driving on the left of the pit parking spaces, passing drivers on the left while they are stationary doing their pit stops. In one instance I was hit by a car passing on my left while I was stationary.

In my opinion:

Proper use of pits:

1) Stay in the pit lane

I believe you'll find that the NDR Sporting Code section on Pitlane echoes those rules. Drivers are asked to stay in the driving lane unless stopping. I noticed some abysmal situational awareness during Friday's early session, with the bumping and barging. Yes, I know you all want to make up as much time as possible, but avoid contact doing so.

If it would help vision of the pit stalls, I can add chalk lines and/or poles to help mark them. I will complete the spaces with chalk when I get home from work in a few hours, other objects later.
Quote from dekojester :I believe you'll find that the NDR Sporting Code section on Pitlane echoes those rules. Drivers are asked to stay in the driving lane unless stopping. I noticed some abysmal situational awareness during Friday's early session, with the bumping and barging. Yes, I know you all want to make up as much time as possible, but avoid contact doing so.

If it would help vision of the pit stalls, I can add chalk lines and/or poles to help mark them. I will complete the spaces with chalk when I get home from work in a few hours, other objects later.

You could also make flags that are coming out of the garage stalls, much like the flags NASCAR pit crews use to signal their driver.

Edit: It might also be beneficiary to make a commitment cone and blend cone.
Quote from Mr. Kninja :You could also make flags that are coming out of the garage stalls, much like the flags NASCAR pit crews use to signal their driver.

...yea,and make someone to clean windshield,a sexy girl to pass the drink,and blackjack,and hookers and stuff...

2013 Kyoto 250: Server Information and General Discussion
(46 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG