The online racing simulator
How to delete LFS
(63 posts, started )
Get S2 mate. You lose £24 but you gain alot. IT RULES.
I would never tell someone how to delete LFS, I love it too much to do something like that!
Quote from dmwright :mine takes about an hour to do

As joen says, defragmenting after uninstalling something is basically completely useless, but if you need more speed: http://www.oo-software.com/en/products/oodefrag/

S2? 16 new cars, 40+ new track configurations, 859(?) total car/track combinations, etc.
lol ok ill get it

p.s some one give me there username and password for a try out so i can unlock it next month for a try
Quote from dmwright :p.s some one give me there username and password for a try out so i can unlock it next month for a try

:bananadea
Quote from dmwright : lol ok ill get it

p.s some one give me there username and password for a try out so i can unlock it next month for a try

That's the funniest thing I've read here for a long time. Please tell us this was meant ironically!

ROFLMFAO
Quote from dmwright : lol ok ill get it

p.s.
Quote from LFS License Agreement :
3. Unlock Rules and Regulations
3.1 You may install S1 or S2 on 2 computers for your own use or to race a friend on a Local Network.
3.2 You will initially be able to unlock LFS S2 or later versions 3 times. This allows you to unlock on two computers and keep one spare unlock.
3.3 We recognise that people may buy a new computer or reinstall their operating system from time to time. For this reason, we will automatically give you an extra spare unlock every first day of the month, up to a maximum of 2 spare unlocks available. The number of unlocks you have left can be found on your status page.
3.4 You must not give your username, WEB or GAME password to other LFS users.

Quote from AndroidXP :p.s.

ooooaaw - that's a shame - I was just about to post my username and password
#34 - joen
Quote from dmwright :

:something:chair::leb::dopey:
Oh my god, what a prick! Things seemed to be going along so nicely as well.
Quote :p.s some one give me there username and password for a try out so i can unlock it next month for a try

And S2 gives you a user account that stastically records every race and every ban from misbehaviour.
#37 - SamH
Quote from filur :http://www.oo-software.com/en/products/oodefrag/

Looks an awful lot like the one I bought, Perfect Disk 7. I'm very fond of that one.

I don't defrag an awful lot, tbh. My machine does get a little fragmented over extended periods of time, but defrag lifts up data and moves it elsewhere. Something inside me tells me that doing that needlessly too often is just increasing the risk of damaging it. Perhaps that's an old-school thought, but deleting and rewriting data on the HD on the off-chance that I might get a performance improvement that's indistinguishable to me during normal usage is just not best practice.
as we are talking about defragging can anyone recommend a program that defrags well? I've not defraged my computer in well over a year, the windows defragger stopped working. I click to defrag it.. it does something and after about 10 minutes it skips through saying its finished but it has hardly changed anything. Tried running it 20 times and still nothing so just gave up on defragging...

software posted above sounds good!

cheeeers

mad
-
(noemfie) DELETED by noemfie
O&O Defrag is the best I know of, but it's not freeware.
any freeware software thats good at defragging? or are they pretty much hopeless?

might have to spend some cash!
Quote from Madman_CZ :as we are talking about defragging can anyone recommend a program that defrags well? I've not defraged my computer in well over a year, the windows defragger stopped working. I click to defrag it.. it does something and after about 10 minutes it skips through saying its finished but it has hardly changed anything. Tried running it 20 times and still nothing so just gave up on defragging...

software posted above sounds good!

cheeeers

mad

Sounds like you may have a process running that is disrupting the defrag program. If something else writes to disk while defrag is running it restarts. If it has to restart a certain number of time it then stops.
Quote from Gentlefoot :Sounds like you may have a process running that is disrupting the defrag program. If something else writes to disk while defrag is running it restarts. If it has to restart a certain number of time it then stops.

He may run Nortons crapola software that has a habit of stopping defrags cause it reserves and write protects the area it resides in on HDD or something like that , many virus checkers do this, I use Vcoms suytemsuite tools works great and has pc cillin virus checker as well which is as good as any
Quote from ShannonN :He may run Nortons crapola software that has a habit of stopping defrags cause it reserves and write protects the area it resides in on HDD or something like that , many virus checkers do this, I use Vcoms suytemsuite tools works great and has pc cillin virus checker as well which is as good as any

hmm yes.. shame on me!!! i am one of those Norton users!.. bah! didnt know it can disrubt defragging... my license with norton has run out few weeks ago anyway. Thinking of buying Nod32 but i also need a descent firewall.
Quote from Madman_CZ :hmm yes.. shame on me!!! i am one of those Norton users!.. bah! didnt know it can disrubt defragging... my license with norton has run out few weeks ago anyway. Thinking of buying Nod32 but i also need a descent firewall.

A mate of mine swears by NOD32. And the Kaspersky firewall seems prety good.
AVG Antivirus 7.1
i use avg its alright be it can slow down your computer
Effect of a virus: To make your computer run slower and crash.
Effect of anti-virus software: To make your computer run slower and crash.
Effective virus protection afforded by anti-virus software: ~10%
Effective removal ability in the rare instance anti-virus software actually detects an infection: 0% in best case scenario

That's for PC's, for Macintosh it's even more staggering:

Number of virus' for Mac: 12
Number of virus' to appear in the last year: 12
Number of years around 12 different anti-virus tools have been on the Mac: 5
Number of anti-virus products to dissapear in the last year: 9
I use Diskeeper and Norton. Diskeeper defrags my hd when the screensaver is active (which is most of the time tbh), and Norton sits quietly in the background and never causes me a problem.
#48 - Jakg
all anti-vir will slow it down, /me uses AVG 7 pro with firewall

this thread = gold
Quote from Jakg :all anti-vir will slow it down, /me uses AVG 7 pro with firewall

this thread = gold

same er i use tht
Quote from Becky Rose :That's for PC's, for Macintosh it's even more staggering:

Number of virus' for Mac: 12
Number of virus' to appear in the last year: 12
Number of years around 12 different anti-virus tools have been on the Mac: 5
Number of anti-virus products to dissapear in the last year: 9

Yes, because nobody bothers to write viruses for Mac.
Quote from tristancliffe :Norton sits quietly in the background and never causes me a problem.

I didn't understand why you use it back at the EAS meeting and I still don't understand now, but whatever floats your boat, I guess. Maybe you have accidently turned it off, so that's why it's not causing any problems

How to delete LFS
(63 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG