The online racing simulator
How to delete LFS
(63 posts, started )
How to delete LFS
Hi,

My brother has downloaded LFS on his laptop but it freezes so i were wondering if use guys would tell me how to delete it?

Thanks

Matt/Dan

(but ill keep it on my computer!)
Control Panel>Add or remove programs>LFS>Change/Remove
Then just go through the uninstaller.
If LFS isn't there, delete every bit of LFS in My Computer.
Just delete the LFS folder.
Ive tried (but it isnt there) is there another way?

(but ill try kelev's, just noticed you posted that)
LFS does not install anything else on your HD, nor does it write any registry entries, etc., as the installation of LFS just involves unpacking a .zip file.

So, to uninstall LFS, you have to follow the complex process of selecting the LFS folder and hitting 'delete'.
Thanks Kelev
Thanks it worked,

Just doing disk defragment just to clear it up now
LFS doesnt have an installer by default, there are 3rd party packages which do.

LFS doesnt use the Registry either, so the only thing you need to do is delete where-ever LFS was downloaded to and run from.

edit: Too slow
Quote from dmwright :Ive tried (but it isnt there) is there another way?

(but ill try kelev's, just noticed you posted that)

Erm.. who´s kelev?

There isn´t an uninstaller for LFS as there is no installer also. Just deleting the LFS folder should do the trick.

EDIT: There was 3 messages posted while I was typing this. I´m getting old.
He already did that ages ago

I hate disk defragmentation. No idea what it's for but my dad runs it all the time and it slows the computer down.
Quote from nutty boy :I hate disk defragmentation. No idea what it's for but my dad runs it all the time and it slows the computer down.

AHAHAHAAHAH
Post of the month.

Wikipedia to the rescue.
In short: if you don't defrag regularely, your computer will get slower and slower over time, the performance in games will decrease and the loading time of windows and programs in general will increase quite substantially.
Quote from nutty boy :He already did that ages ago

I hate disk defragmentation. No idea what it's for but my dad runs it all the time and it slows the computer down.

Whilst running it slows it down. Leave it on overnight, when no-one is using it.

Defragging cleans up the hard drive (AFAIK), and therefore speeds it up.

Only read in event of too much spare time:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disk_defragmenter
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Defragmentation
Quote from nutty boy :He already did that ages ago

its puts your computer in order, i think when i uninstall anything i just do that, sort of makes it faster anywayz
kAlev
sorry
That's right - it moves all the data to one physical part of the disk meaning the little needles that read the disk don't have to move about as much. It does improve disk I/O slightly but not so you'd notice.
That reminds me ... I should defrag it tonight.
Oh so it's good that my dad does it all the time.
Also Duke we turn our computer off at night.
To uninstall LFS you must first see a psychiatrist to make sure it's not your head that needs examining ...
were talking about defragment now
Quote from nutty boy :Oh so it's good that my dad does it all the time.
Also Duke we turn our computer off at night.

mine takes about an hour to do
S2
im thinking of getting s2 whats it like?

whats the differences between demo and s2?

thanks
Quote from dmwright :im thinking of getting s2 whats it like?

whats the differences between demo and s2?

thanks

Do it m8 - you won't regret it. Loads more cars and tracks, much better standard of racing and all your stats get saved.
cars, tracks, community, league racing, mods.
Quote from dmwright :sorry

I will never ever forgive you for calling me kelev.
Joking ofcourse.:P
#24 - joen
Quote from dmwright :its puts your computer in order, i think when i uninstall anything i just do that, sort of makes it faster anywayz

You defrag your harddrive everytime you uninstall something?
That's totally useless, it won't make your pc any faster.

If you have a 80 GB drive for instance, uninstalling a game of 140MB will hardly fragment your drive, so it's no use defragmenting afterwards.

Do it once a month and that'll be more than enough
@dmwright: Full content! Did you realize it's only 3 cars and 1 track you are able to drive?
S2 has 19 cars and I didnt count all the tracks with their different layouts.

How to delete LFS
(63 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG