The online racing simulator
The NB Miata
(41 posts, started )
Quote from bmwe30m3 :Well, Zaz 968 weights 720 kg's.
It is also RWD and "stick shift", but is better because it's engine is in the rear, it's just like a porsche 911.

Not enough power and bad suspension for driving fast, plus it's old.

NB Miata MX-5 has over 3 times the power.

Whatever you are trying to prove isn't working.
I see no reason to dislike the car.
Quote from FlyingBus :Not enough power and bad suspension for driving fast, plus it's old.

NB Miata MX-5 has over 3 times the power.

Whatever you are trying to prove isn't working.

You said you don't care about straight line speed and fun is more important.

I can guarantee that you can have all the fun in the world in a Zaz.

Also, you said that you can strap a a turbo on a mx-5 for 250 hp, well, mx-5 is the only car in the world that you can modify.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FyKnU_GOaT8

I have one thing to say about this thread, an Estonian saying:
Iga lits kiidab oma vittu.

If you care about it, you can translate it in google translate, if you don't, then maybe Estonians can giggle about it.
mblixt, you are just changing conditions to make MX-5 look better.
Quote from bmwe30m3 :mblixt, you are just changing conditions to make MX-5 look better.

well you do the same for the Zaz by showing it with complete engine rebuilds :P you can get an old Volvo to go like hell with a big turbo and a few engine parts too. For the Zaz to be fun you would probably need to put ether a different engine in it or tune the living hell out of it, unless you enjoy ice fishing more ofc. whiles the miata is a fun car out of the box, and for even more fun for a cheap price put some coilovers and some R-spec tyres and go to a track day and race with the M3's
Quote from bmwe30m3 :You said you don't care about straight line speed and fun is more important.

I can guarantee that you can have all the fun in the world in a Zaz.

sorry but i want to be able to reach drivable speed in a car.

i cant even get a zaz in america, but if i did it would be a 40 horsepower old piece of shit that i would have to fix daily and can't find parts for. handles like shit too. no fun will be had in that.

go troll someone who will fall for it.
Quote from tristancliffe :The GT86 is pretty much the only car made since the MX-5/Miata that I'm interested in. Bit new and expensive for me at the moment, but when it's 7 years old.......

shame its so ugly
and the engine is in the wrong end of it
Not really. Looks are a matter of opinion. Not many rear/mid road engines cars actually achieve the balance of the MX-5, because the weight distribution ends up too far rearward (although granted 50:50 alone isn't the holy grail Mazda claim) And they are typically much harder to work on too!
it looks a lot better in person than on images the fart cans on the rear really ruin the car though

yeah admitedly the sw20 has a bit of that dreaded mid engine power understeer but other than that it feels great on the road and 42:58 (according to the interwebs) isnt bad at all
and yeah the engine bay is a complete mess
#38 - JJ72
the FT86 looks too big for what it should be imo. especially the rear fenders.

And its styling is too contemporary and lacks the timeless factor of a NA (yes I am ****ing biased lol)
also it really needs a different engine to get it to the very japanese 280hp
Never driven an NB, personally the look from the front lacks the pop up headlightyness that I love so much about the NA, which I did own, absolutely loved it, one of the best handling cars I've ever driven, I had the 1.6 and my mate had the 1.8, the one I had was his old one, and, much to his horror, my smaller engined 1600 was faster than his 1800.

Power wise I'd say they are pretty good, although maybe a little underpowered, not by a lot though, once mine had the decat stainless system, cone filter and cold air intake, plus the timing advance mod it was pretty much where I was happy for it to be power wise, I can't remember the exact figures now, but after a rolling road test mine was running about 15 bhp more than standard, not a lot on paper, but on a car that weighs about the same as a tin of beans it was definitely noticeable.
I drove a Miata last year on Sebring.

Don't shift too hard into 5th, you'll be stuck in it for ever.

The NB Miata
(41 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG