The online racing simulator
Dats a nice pass
-
(Gougoodthing) DELETED by Gougoodthing

Why is it that in all of those pictures that show how a word is said the same in every language but one, at least one language is completly wrong?

In this picture:
It is ananas in almost any country, pineapple in English and piña in Spanish. Which is equally weird

I recall some othe picture with the word cinema, in that ocasion the mistaken language was Estonian, or Finish (something in north/East Europe). And I'm sure there are a fe more examples.
Quote from Whiskey :Why is it that in all of those pictures that show how a word is said the same in every language but one, at least one language is completly wrong?

In this picture:
It is ananas in almost any country, pineapple in English and piña in Spanish. Which is equally weird

I recall some othe picture with the word cinema, in that ocasion the mistaken language was Estonian, or Finish (something in north/East Europe). And I'm sure there are a fe more examples.

Cinema was the one where they mocked the germans iirc. Kino is the german word. However, in dutch it is "Bioscoop". So that word has already two very different words and, if I can take your reply in consideration, the n/e europeans have another word for it.. so yea,, that one doesn't fit
Quote from mamoru :Cinema was the one where they mocked the germans iirc. Kino is the german word.

Kino is also in estonian.
Quote from -NightFly- :Kino is also in estonian.

...and same here,in latvian language.
And ananas - ananāss,so almost same again...
Ewww.

Quote from Bose321 :Ewww.

Don't worry,internet is huge,you'll find someone else to fap to...
Quote from Lotesdelere :

This annoys the hell out of me nowadays. I mean, if everyone is taking a video of it then surely there will be at least one of them on youtube later? Not that you need video of whatever you're filming anyway, because you have already seen it in person.

Not content with saving Black Mesa from interdimensional aliens, he's having a go at being Pope now.
Quote from Crashgate3 :Not content with saving Black Mesa from interdimensional aliens, he's having a go at being Pope now.

Quote from mamoru :Cinema was the one where they mocked the germans iirc. Kino is the german word. However, in dutch it is "Bioscoop". So that word has already two very different words and, if I can take your reply in consideration, the n/e europeans have another word for it.. so yea,, that one doesn't fit

It's kino in Swedish and Norwegian too.

Kino from the word kinetic/cinematic (kinetic visuals).
Quote from BlueFlame :It's kino in Swedish and Norwegian too.

Kino from the word kinetic/cinematic (kinetic visuals).

Not in swedish mate
Quote from BlueFlame :It's kino in Norwegian too.

Kino from the word kinetic/cinematic (kinetic visuals).(?)

yeh also in chezh, polish, macedonian, lithuanian (sort of), croatian, bulgaria, esperanto...

word kino comes from german language shortened form of Kinematograph just like word cinema comes from french word cinématographe. Staph inventing stuff...
Quote from -NightFly- :yeh also in chezh, polish, macedonian, lithuanian (sort of), croatian, bulgaria, esperanto...

**** that, Elokuvateatteri in finnish

The Inevitable Picture Thread IV: A New Funny
(3741 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG