The online racing simulator
Post your Car two
(2437 posts, started )
Quote from -NightFly- :you live on north pole? shows only -8 here.

I don't.

It's close to -18 at this moment.
Quote from mblixt :washed and ready for MOT

Is that a CF top or just lightweight window?

Quote from Derv94 :new vents

Looks great. I may have to see if I can find any close enough to my rims. Which reminds me, I may have a set hiding in the closet already!
Quote from Tinytacohead : Is that a CF top or just lightweight window?

its just a polycarbonate window on a stock HT
Cool. I was tempted to get one from Project-G, (to match my corner vents from them & save some weight), till finding out they only shave about 5lbs.
Was there a gay parade yesterday around london? Soon as i entered uk i saw 50 miatas. Btw its snowing atm
old vs new
Sounds good, that stinks it's too loud for ya though. Did a custom setup once with the same issue & wound up both deepening & deadening the tone a bit, (as well as cutting some rasp), by installing the longest glasspack possible as a resonator. Of course the engine was up front/there was more room to tinker with exhaust design too.

Again, I like it Derv94, nice subtle change that only Miata people and/or judge's will probably notice.
i will just keep whoring my car!

got one strike on the MOT, belive it or not it was all was fine with a mychron mounted on the dash, seatbelts not running smooth, straight pipes with race catalyst, racing brake pads no airbag lamp. But what got me was dry cracked tyres that i mount once a year
One downside of the new vents is that because the spokes are square at the back the centre vents are now virtually useless they just warm up the dashboard lol
Ahh dang, I was kinda wondering about such & just assumed that wouldn't be an issue. I wonder if there're any other manufacturer's of that rim design with better shaped spokes and/or if you could file them @ the back for better flow etc? The Tamiya rims I've got seem to have a good spoke design for airflow. (though are a different rim) I could take a pic from the back if you'd like to see.
Quote from Tinytacohead :Ahh dang, I was kinda wondering about such & just assumed that wouldn't be an issue. I wonder if there're any other manufacturer's of that rim design with better shaped spokes and/or if you could file them @ the back for better flow etc? The Tamiya rims I've got seem to have a good spoke design for airflow. (though are a different rim) I could take a pic from the back if you'd like to see.

if it gets very annoying i may modify them so if you could get me a pic that'd be great as i don't know how i'll go about it yet.

Remote central locking kit arrived today too, and i have 0 electrical knowledge so that should be fun trying to fit. Also need a new diff after finding out only one wheel is spinning up i may weld it but it's used on a daily basis so i'm unusre
I'll try & get a pic of the Tamiya rim later tonight'ish. Like I said, I'd definitely surf around to see if there're any alternatives and if anybody can get you pics if so.

That sucks about the diff. While welding is an Ok short term plan, it really does negatively affect the car's wonderful handling properties. I'd suggest finding online MX-5 communities and/or used Miata parts dealers. These cars are typically so popular & plentiful, (at least in the US), that you'll find sites/yards which specialize in cannibalizing wrecked ones. Open diffs aren't too expensive here and while the average price of used factory LSD's from a yard seems to be around $900USD, I wound up finding a private party selling a few for $300USD. (by way of miata.net, and in various ratio's ) Unless you plan to dramatically increase power @ some point, open diff's tend to be the more popular for autoX Miata's, but for the price & due to my FI plans I couldn't pass up the opportunity!
Quote from Jakg :Bought some new seats to cheer me up from the pain of a potential £250 MOT bill...

You are a real chav, those old seats looked so nice, but the new ones....
These new seats are really missing LED's.
The pictures aren't great/can't see them real well, but I don't see anything wrong with the replacements. Do you think they're gaudy just because they've got some color accents that match the paint? Getting rid of that OEM pattern in the center sections definitely isn't a bad thing, nor is the addition of leather. (instead of vinyl or whatever) It's not like they're all blue or multicolored etc.
Quote from bmwe30m3 :You are a real chav, those old seats looked so nice, but the new ones....
These new seats are really missing LED's.

The previous ones were leather effect vinyl and were comfy but quite worn.

The new one are black leather with some blue leather highlights

Picture stolen from the seller:

Nice, non-chav upgrade, bmw dude's retarded. (but I think we already knew that :razz
Quote from Tinytacohead :Nice, non-chav upgrade, bmw dude's retarded. (but I think we already knew that :razz

Altough not a chavvy modification, it is still a common modification among turkish/kebab tuners around everywhere. He's got a point though. They don't even have the same colour as the exterior, so I can't really call that colour-coding either.

A different thing would be if they were a manufacturer extra(please correct me if i'm wrong) e.g Golf MK3 colour concept, or E36 GT Coupe.

To me that looks just wrong, I'd rather have those only in black, or the inner part coloured.
Without a daylight shot of both the car & seats, from the same camera, lighting etc, (unless you've seen both in person), how can you say they're a bad match? Taking such into consideration, they don't look far off to me.. but I could be wrong. Also while it'd be nice, we can't all have color-coded interior accents.
Quote from nikopdr :A different thing would be if they were a manufacturer extra(please correct me if i'm wrong) e.g Golf MK3 colour concept, or E36 GT Coupe.

They were a (£375) optional extra from the factory. It's blue, same as the car. It's not a perfect colour match but I don't think it's actually possible to match a metallic paint with lacquer on metal / plastic to a piece of leather! It looks really good in the car at least (i.e. it goes really well with my blue dash, which is an exact match of my exterior paint).

There is a "blue" alcantara seat I could get but they really don't match colour wise and are very rare. I also can't really justify £200 on seats...

I did snap a (slightly!) better pic today

I swapped the steering wheel for a less worn OEM one, fed up of touching some manky old one every day

And the seats

Excuse the terrible phone pics...
Quote from Jakg :They were a (£375) optional extra from the factory. It's blue, same as the car. It's not a perfect colour match but I don't think it's actually possible to match a metallic paint with lacquer on metal / plastic to a piece of leather! It looks really good in the car at least (i.e. it goes really well with my blue dash, which is an exact match of my exterior paint).

There is a "blue" alcantara seat I could get but they really don't match colour wise and are very rare. I also can't really justify £200 on seats...

I did snap a (slightly!) better pic today

I swapped the steering wheel for a less worn OEM one, fed up of touching some manky old one every day

And the seats

Excuse the terrible phone pics...

Dose Clocks

lol you took enough of a run up...

Somebody buy me these?

Post your Car two
(2437 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG