The online racing simulator
Lamborghini Veneno
(35 posts, started )
Lamborghini Veneno
In case some of you haven't seen this yet:

Seems to be the [forgetThis]first mass-production car[/forgetThis] first factory-stock street car(?) in many years to have a vertical stabilizer, which is kinda interesting.

Edit:
Damn. This is no mass-production car. Only 3 unites.
#2 - Sobis
I think it's a bit too much. Lamborghini should leave this for the track.
My favourite comments that I have found on different sites:

Quote :It's not meant to be 'beautiful'. It's supposed to look savage, brutal. To have a rear wing large enough for a jet plane to land on, masses of sharp edges that could slice steel and to look heroically hedonistic. It's a huge middle finger. I love it.

Quote :IT'S A LAMBORGHINI. Oh my God. They don't want it to be simple, they don't want it to keep you somewhat unnoticed. They want everyone to see you say holy shit he's rich as hell.

Quote :McLaren - We've improved our aerodynamics to make the world's best supercar
Ferrari - We've used our F1 experience to give the F70 KERS and other electronic assistance
Porsche - We've made the perfect balance between internal combustion and electric motors
Lamborghini - We've put fins & shit on there - and it looks awesome!
The Lamborghini Veneno - "Because **** you, that's why"

Has Lamborghini run out of ideas (styling wise)? Back in the day they were able to look beautiful and be attention whores at the same time.

This is just an attention whore who screams I have a bad taste and I like space ships.
I always been a fan of Lambos,well,at least since 80s. I liked Countach,great car for these times,I loved Diablo,something really exclusive,Murcialago looked good from front,the rear was somewhat wrong,Gallardo looks really great,best looking Lambo ever in my opinion,even it's not that exclusive,but it just looks right,like a real supercar,unfortunately with later cars they seem to look uglier with every model,this one just continues the downfall,but let's wait until their 8 years old designer grows up,I still have a hope he will do something good sometime!
It looks like a ready design that was printed and then given to some 12 year old kid to draw additional bits and pieces on top of the original design. Way over designed. Sure the modern lambo look is very angular and in some ways futuristic but still the design needs to do more with less. Not just create complexity by making every bit of the car look like a fighter jet wing.
Quote from BigPeBe :Has Lamborghini run out of ideas (styling wise)? Back in the day they were able to look beautiful and be attention whores at the same time.

This is just an attention whore who screams I have a bad taste and I like space ships.

Lamborghinis should be ridiculous, and totally bonkers. BUT, they should also be beautiful. This only ticks off the first box, not the second. It's an absolutely hideous mess.

Quote from Hyperactive :It looks like a ready design that was printed and then given to some 12 year old kid to draw additional bits and pieces on top of the original design. Way over designed. Sure the modern lambo look is very angular and in some ways futuristic but still the design needs to do more with less. Not just create complexity by making every bit of the car look like a fighter jet wing.

I wouldn't say over-designed. Design implies that there is method and reason to something; this doesn't have that. It's tacked-on bits that are supposed to look functional, but really, they're not all that functional. The car is too much of a mess, there will be far too many turbulent air zones. Cleaner is quicker. That's the problem with many modern supercars; I like James May's quote "..dressed with the tinsel of high performance."
The Countach and Diablo were both ugly creations made by an 8 year old back in their day. Now their considered iconic and ahead of their time.

This is definitely bedroom wall stuff for young boys, and that's what a Lambo should be about. The modern Audi ones have been dull dull dull dull refined and dull - up until they went bonkers again recently. Hurrah!

If you want a beautiful car, do not buy a Lambo. Except a Miura, but that's the only exception.
Mhm, looks interesting
Quote from tristancliffe :If you want a beautiful car, do not buy a Lambo.

Good advice!
/imagining average simracer buying a Lambo/
kkkkk
Quote from tristancliffe :The Countach and Diablo were both ugly creations made by an 8 year old back in their day. Now their considered iconic and ahead of their time.

This is definitely bedroom wall stuff for young boys, and that's what a Lambo should be about. The modern Audi ones have been dull dull dull dull refined and dull - up until they went bonkers again recently. Hurrah!

well said
Diablo had imho super sexy rear end and the front wasn't too bad either. Murcielago is not defenately ugly either. Countach is just strange looking imo.

Quote from MAGGOT :I wouldn't say over-designed. Design implies that there is method and reason to something; this doesn't have that. It's tacked-on bits that are supposed to look functional, but really, they're not all that functional. The car is too much of a mess, there will be far too many turbulent air zones. Cleaner is quicker. That's the problem with many modern supercars; I like James May's quote "..dressed with the tinsel of high performance."

That was what I was really trying to say . But at the same time I don't think every bit of a car needs to have a purpose. Ferrari f40 looks very nice with that bigass rear wing it has and I doubt the wing has big downforce or other performance reasons to be there. Some stylistic looks are imho totally fine even at the small cost of performance but once you add too many bits and pieces the design just becomes too busy and over designed. Real performance driven designs are of course a different thing than super cars which are all about not making sense.

I remember when I was a young boy and I did some tracker music on my computer. At some point when you were fiddling with a song it started to become too messy and complex and there was no longer any real improvement even with that extra effort. Suddenly you were using 70 different hihats just to get one chorus done. Or when as a young kid I liked to draw cars. At some point you need to stop drawing and adding details so that the result is not overdone.

That's what I meant with over-designed. You add too many details to make the design more full but you are only getting additional complexity with no real improvement with the quality. It's like hand crafting a battery holder using ivory and doing full fem analysis for it when a truly elegant design is to just take piece of sheet metal and basically throw it in.

That lambo looks like the designer first drew the picture in one hour and then spend rest of the week adding details to it. It's a bit of a mess of complexity. Over designed.
I think it looks brilliant. Love the edgy look. And atleast the name sounds better than LaFerrari.
looks awesome, just wish the front end was a bit different.
I like it.

I hate the way that modern supercars, because they're all designed with aerodynamics in mind, all look the same.

Yes, it's not the 'best' way of doing things but as people have said, Lambourghini's are meant to be a bit mental.
Well, that's it. Not buying any more Lambos until they start making better looking cars.
Quote from Yuri Laszlo :Well, that's it. Not buying any more Lambos until they start making better looking cars.

Take away the fin and the side profile looks pretty incredible.
Quote from Eclipsed :Good advice!
/imagining average simracer buying a Lambo/
kkkkk

I don't know much about simers buying Lambos, but I do know many Lambors buying NFS HP or something...

Miuras are hard to get hands on those days.
#22 - JJ72
Quote from MAGGOT :I wouldn't say over-designed. Design implies that there is method and reason to something; this doesn't have that. It's tacked-on bits that are supposed to look functional, but really, they're not all that functional. The car is too much of a mess, there will be far too many turbulent air zones. Cleaner is quicker. That's the problem with many modern supercars; I like James May's quote "..dressed with the tinsel of high performance."

I am amazed how many people picked this up, instead of being blinded by the figures and spoilers - This Lambo as a design has no context, minimal function and overall a disappointment to the premise (which isn't particularly strong btw)

After Geneva it seems Ferrari just proved they are about the only hyper car maker besides Pagani who remembers what beauty and emotional design is.
Ugly cars :S
I think it looks hilarious. I like it.

Lamborghini Veneno
(35 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG