The online racing simulator
Quote from Mustangman759 :Well the front low and rear high is aerodynamics, even so is the cooling (how much tape they use which reduces drag)

What I ment was that the rear of the car infront got lifted when someone was bumping but I guess that is not the case.
Quote from PMD9409 :Lifting the front off the ground would change everything, at nearly every track. Getting front end grip would be insanely difficult. Things would go back to mechanical grip > aero grip.

I'm not sure what causes the car to stall out behind the car ahead and not continuing to suck up quickly. Only thing you can do is back up away from the car ahead and then get a huge run and carry the momentum by, else you'll just be stuck behind the person ahead for a long, long time.

10-4 10-51 ghostrider!
Jack, the only problem would be that if they added spoiler and take away the plate side to reinstate the speed they draft will still be stronger and the pack would still travel at much greater speeds.

If the spoiler is made bigger qualifying times will have to drop. Unless they take away the plates for qualifying only
Bit off the usual talk, but still NASCAR related...

Anyone here seen a race at Pocono? Tickets for the June 2nd race are only $25 (pretty much bottom of the grandstand) and I was wondering what kind of experience that would get me.
well worth it imo, I saw the june race. Sit high up in the front stretch you can see mostly everything. im going to indy this yr
from bottom you should be able to see pits + t3 exit and t1 entry
And, if the attendance there is the same as last year you'll be able to move to the higher rows from that seat anyways (Unless they have more security at that track than at the ones I've been at)
Yea, I would just buy them up top. Its not even a long walk as they have the grandstands split into 2 sections at about halfway where the top part is above ground and the bottom part is "below" ground.
It was probably the best NASCAR race ive been to, Charlotte is just ok and NH is boring :P
The facilities are pretty good also, you should never have to wait in line for bathroom as there is one every 50 feet or so by the entry gates
Quote from Rappa Z :Bit off the usual talk, but still NASCAR related...

Anyone here seen a race at Pocono? Tickets for the June 2nd race are only $25 (pretty much bottom of the grandstand) and I was wondering what kind of experience that would get me.

I agree with Cornys, get the cheap seats and sit down low early on. You won't be able to see much but by the end of the race just go up top so you can see all the action. The couple of times I sat in the grandstands there I had no problem moving around as much as I wanted.
JJ48 answered some fan questions on reddit here
Thanks for the info guys. I'll almost certainly be going. Just need to convince the girlfriend, which shouldn't be too bad since she's more of a NASCAR fan than I am.
http://nascar.speedtv.com/arti ... gery-after-daytona-crash/

Tough break for him, he's been doing better (stepped up alot last year), and is now set back again.

Also, sorry if posted, but closest shot I have seen: http://www.youtube.com/watch?f ... mbedded&v=KHBLYsjkx5s

OMG final edit:
Quote :Format For 2013 NASCAR Sprint All-Star Race Elevates Need For Speed

DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. (Feb. 26, 2013) – Reinforcing the need for speed and going all out for the win, NASCAR announced on Tuesday the format for the 2013 NASCAR Sprint All-Star Race that will put added emphasis on finishing well in each of the five segments. The sport’s annual classic is set for Saturday, May 18 at 7:30 p.m. (live on SPEED) at Charlotte Motor Speedway.

The new wrinkle that should have the fans and the competitors excited: the running order at the completion of the fourth segment (Lap 80) will be repositioned based on the average finish for the first four segments directly behind the caution car prior to the opening of pit road for the mandatory four-tire pit stop. The order of the cars returning to the track will determine the starting order of the fifth segment. Running order ties will be broken by the finish of the fourth segment. This revision puts a premium on making all of the laps count leading up to the final 10-lap shootout with the race winner earning a $1 million pay day from Sprint.

“Having the average finish through the race’s first four segments determine how the cars come down pit road for the last mandatory four-tire pit stop takes the competition to an even higher level,” said Robin Pemberton, NASCAR Vice President of Competition. “The NASCAR Sprint All-Star Race is truly a showcase event for our sport and this format should bring out the best in our drivers and our teams.”

The race will continue to be run in four, 20-lap segments and one 10-lap final segment. All laps will count in segments one through four. In the fifth and final segment, only Green Flag laps will be counted. There will be optional pit stops during the break following each of the first three segments, with the field set by the pit stop/stay out positioning during the five caution laps.

“The NASCAR Sprint All-Star Race is the highlight of our season,” said Tim Considine, director of sponsorship marketing for Sprint. “These added elements help continue the tradition of this being one of the most unique and compelling races on the NASCAR Sprint Cup calendar.”

The eligibility criteria for the NASCAR Sprint All-Star Race remain the same:

· Drivers who have won NASCAR Sprint Cup races in the current and preceding year. If a driver leaves a team with which he has won a race, he or she remains eligible (through the last race before the all-star race), however, the team does not

· Drivers who are past NASCAR Sprint All-Star Race winners in the past 10 years

· Drivers who are past NASCAR Sprint Cup Series champions in the last 10 years

· The top two finishers in the Sprint Showdown, the 40-lap race that precedes the NASCAR Sprint All-Star Race

· The top Sprint Fan Vote driver who finishes on the lead lap of the Showdown and whose car is in “raceable” condition as determined by the series director

edit: remove link because it won't work for you all.

The 2013 Sprint Fan Vote runs from March 20-May 18. Fans may vote by using the NASCAR Mobile ’13 application or online at NASCAR.COM. Votes cast from the NASCAR Mobile ’13 application count double.

This will be the 29th running of the NASCAR Sprint All-Star Race. Five-time series champion and reigning Daytona 500 champion Jimmie Johnson won last year’s race.

NASCAR Sprint All-Star Race weekend ticket packages including all Friday and Saturday activities start at just $99 including scanner rental. Fans should call 1-800-455-FANS or visit CharlotteMotorSpeedway.com for details.

Hard break for him. Imagine that hit without safer barriers... It was kind of similar to snr's wreck almost
Quote from Mustangman759 :Hard break for him. Imagine that hit without safer barriers... It was kind of similar to snr's wreck almost

snr would have survived if he wasnt such a stubborn **** and wore the hans device like nascar told him to.
Quote from JackDaMaster :snr would have survived if he wasnt such a stubborn **** and wore the hans device like nascar told him to.

so true
Quote from Mustangman759 :its fun to drive imo, just boring to watch

hahahaha I feel you man, as someone who's been to countless races as well as participated in the Richard Petty Experience, i can agree with you on both ends
Phoenix Cup Entry List
Event Paint Scemes

Nobody will be headed home on Friday this week. Only 43 teams will attempt to qualify (to be expected with the new car).

One of my favorite tracks personally for it's semi-banked nature and unique shape . I'm excited to see the increased speeds and see how the Gen-6 car races at a handling race track. Look for the racing to be more competitive with the reduced adjustment capabilites of the Gen-6 car, the reduced weight, and the increased downforce

Also, how will Patrick fair at the non-drafting tracks? (I'm assuming much worse than at Daytona)
Taking a look at Mark Martin's carrer in the Daytona 500 I found this interesting

(0 Fall Race Wins)

1982 - 30th | 1983 - 28th | 1986 - 37th | 1988 - 41st | 1989 - 33rd | 1990 - 21st | 1991 - 21st | 1992 - 29th | 1993 - 6th | 1994 - 13th | 1995 - 3rd | 1996 - 4th | 1997 - 7th | 1998 - 38th | 1999 - 31st | 2000 - 4th | 2001 - 33rd | 2002 - 6th | 2003 - 5th | 2004 - 43rd | 2005 - 6th |2006 - 12th | 2007 - 2nd | 2008 - 31st | 2009 - 16th | 2010 - 12th | 2011 - 10th | 2012 - 10th | 2013 - 3rd

Now looking at Tony Stewart (2, 400 mile summer race wins)

1999 - 28th | 2000 - 17th | 2001 - 36th | 2002 - 43rd | 2003 - 7th | 2004 - 2nd | 2005 - 7th |2006 - 5th | 2007 - 43rd | 2008 - 3rd | 2009 - 8th | 2010 - 22nd | 2011 - 13th | 2012 - 16th | 2013 - 41st

I feel more for Mark than I do Tony (not a big fan of Tony), but seeing either win would be nice Mark may not ever race in the 500 again though. :/
Speaking of Mark Martin, he's on the pole for Sunday's 500km Sprint Cup race in Phoenix
Mark mother****in martin!!!!!!!!!!
Danica rolls of the grid in 40th in the first downforce track race of the 2013 season

Every time I watch Mark qualify on a downforce track I just light up. He goes so much slower than his fellow competitors entering the corners, but as soon as he reaches the 2/3 mark of the corner the tracker slides straight to the left (the front). It just makes me think that the other drivers just aren't as smart as the old guy . He's much better in cars with less power though. Look at his record in the Nationwide series. (49 wins (2nd most all time) in 236 races with 112 top 5's and 152 top 10's)

Or the truck series: 7 wins in 25 races with 20 top 10's and 23 running at finish & lead lap finishes

This marks his 55th carrer pole in 855 starts (40 victories, 271 top 5's, 449 top 10's, 541 Lead Lap finishes (Most of any driver) , & Running at finish in 736)

These numbers aren't as impressive as Jimmie Johnson or Jeff Gordon, but you have to remember that it was much more difficult to finish on the lead lap in the 80's and 90's than what it is now. That, and Mark didn't start his career in the best equipment by any means.

Oh, and how could I forget his International Race of Champions record of 5 championships with an average race finish of 3.8 . He won 13 of the 47 IROC races that he entered (usually 12 drivers). These races were in supposedly equal cars, and it was a really exicitng series with World of Outlaws, NHRA, IndyCar and Champ Car drivers racing along with Sprint Cup, Nationwide, and Truck Series drivers selected based upon their performance

2013 NASCAR Thread for the Rednecks
(1309 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG