The online racing simulator
#26 - Be2K
yep, Tracks.

The new Physics could be better then the old one, but the new feeling could also destroy nearly everything what lfs did so well before..
I see a lot of nonsense here in this thread
Sound for whenever you go over rumble strips. Honestly, that would make me love LFS about 3x more.
Quote from krugmander :Sound for whenever you go over rumble strips. Honestly, that would make me love LFS about 3x more.

the rumble strips only make that noise if they have the pattern or whatever. Most in LFS are flat, so it wouldn't make sense.
Capture the flag multiplayer on a field or car park just like 1nsane.
Quote from CheerioDM :Capture the flag multiplayer on a field or car park just like 1nsane.

Hm insim can detect car collisions right?
So in theory some clever scripter should be able to make this.
Quote from CheerioDM :Capture the flag multiplayer on a field or car park just like 1nsane.

Ahh, 1nsane... Good old times. Want to play it again some time?
What would make LFS more Playable?

New physics and new graphics.
new tracks & cars!
Quote from Gutholz :polepositiondriver, the picture was in response to you wanting more variety in tracks. Out of curiosity I went to lfsworld and from stats found it hard to think you can already be bored of existing tracks.
For example on South City, highest lap count is 25 laps with UFR on "Classic" layout. 25 laps, that is one 30minutes race. All the other south city layout/car combs you have driven ~5 laps and thats it. Often only 1 lap. Similiar on the other tracks.

Yes, but 827 laps in5 years is not much, even with break.
Maybe when drifting it does not count travelled distance and laps correctly, so in reality you have driven more, still...:

Maybe too much following and not enough racing?
Maybe you did drifting, maybe you did hotlapping or offline races against AI. But from these numbers it seems you missed the biggest part of LFS: online racing.

And your point is.... they can not have an opinion if they can not look at a profie and quote lap numbers greater than everyone else?
They can not ask a question or start a discussion if they have not been a member since 2001.... i am missing your point?
@Waste Me:
Of course anyone is allowed to have the opinion that after driving a handfull of laps around a track they are now bored and need new content.
I just find it hard to understand what a new track is going to do for those people. Another 10 laps and then bored again?
It is not about having "lap numbers greater than everyone else" but if someone seriously thinks after so few laps they have gotten all out of a track, then they are simply mislead.
hmm, engine temperature, brake temperature, throttle lag, clutch heat / damage when car is going faster than engine, grind if put in gear without clutch. anything that adds to the immersion makes the game more appealing.

lfs is great for its depth so adding to that would be coolest imo, and based on people's opinions / framerates I'm guessing there's enough CPU power to simulate a few more things under the hood.

I recently got euro truck simulator 2 and had fun with it for a few weeks. now I can't drive in it without noticing the weavy / bobby / flaky suspension, the grainy MLAA, the physics-free rail AI, or even the wind generators that spin so fast like a child's top. the lack of realism totally killed the game for me, making it unplayable.
#38 - Be2K
S3 ? :'(

Would be nice to know if something will come this year or not... then i can stop my search for new Posts which arent come regular anymore.

The Community is also dying as well
Since I joined in January of 2010 (3.1 years ago) I've driven 57,814 Miles

I'm not bored with it yet except for the fact that I'm still slow I'm getting quicker though
Updated LFS league section [with a separated forum like it was discussed time ago] and updated home page [lfs.net].
Would be a huge step forward
After 52000km drive distance I wish me day and night mod, and rain some new GT cars and pleas no Scirocco Street car pleas give us the GT version.
We have enough street cars for a race game.
desirable improvements
Hi there,

first of all, even though e.g. polepositiondriver (or any driver, really) hasn't yet memorized each and every corner completely (with every suitable strategic line that these have on offer) does not indicate they might have no reasons to think and/or feel in a specific way about what they have in their hands (i.e. that shiny lfs license).

Statistics are indeed, afaik, quite useless. There have been multiple resets of personal stats throughout the life of lfs. I've been driving/racing lfs since the dawn of the first available S2-demo.

And I am today still not within the magical 2 second reach of the world's quickest WR-drivers. On some track-combos where I feel I'm not that slow I still catch myself thinking: where do these guys "see" and gain those extra 3..4 seconds from? Constantly over-driving their cars, using the guard-rails to help them making a corner? Total advantage of that extra bit of luck called draft throughout more than half a lap?

Or maybe there is a certain component buried inside the still very well-behaving physics engine that makes the kind of driving that one *thinks* should be the most realistic, elegant and fast - horribly inferior to another driving-style that simply takes advantage of some minor shortcomings in the physics and turns out to be indeed the faster way around a track in lfs?

Maybe it is just my bad luck that - in most racing situations - the environment won't clear up enough to allow for a few very clean laps. On the other hand, I just might not want to admit that I'm getting old an were never that fast to begin with.

However there are some shortcomings I've come across in LFS:
... no dirt 'on the road'.
... no weather
... no different tyre dimensions to chose from (I'd certainly like to play around with that stuff, like wider-narrower tires, bigger or smaller rims (with corresponding change of tire profile, ...)

... afair there is only a limited amount of suspension set-ups present in today's car-models inside lfs. Like no multi-link rear suspension, etc... I would like that little bit more of variety so there is different tech inside the same class to race against. This certainly is another bit of the puzzle to be included in the "tire-model" stuff, if that is to be implemented

... as mentioned before: no day and night low-beam/high-beam, stuff like that. When this arrives, we might actually get to use those cool and old-school pupup-headlamps of the xrg/xrt and other cars.

But the number-1 missing feature there is today is indeed: lack of tracks.

The open-config patch last year really stirred my enthusiasm again, since now there were a good bunch of "new" corners to explore inside the game. I think that feeling might not be uncommon among 'veteran' lfs-players. And it really illustrates that the odd high-speed lap in Aston or Westhill will not have to power to draw affection for all eternity.

We need more tracks. And by that I don't necessarily mean real-world tracks. I'm actually fine with fictional creations. Classic real-world road courses would be a cool "plus", however: take a good look at i-racing and to what insane measures their obsession with real tracks lead them and their business model! Fictional tracks really have a lot going for them:
No fuss about "is it accurately reproduced?" "How would it compare to sim "y" ?" Fictional tracks may be harder to create from scratch but will never be "wrong", so long the designer puts in the effort to get his/her vision right.

I know I really like the tracks that are in lfs today - it is just: they are getting old and sometimes tend to bore me quite hard, even when in pickup-racing the combo high-speed track plus slow roadcar comes up (i.e. quite often on cargame.nl) and everyone is lured in by the wiiiiiide track to go into T1{,T2,T3,...} much too aggressively due to the lack of perceived speed (Sometimes, more than 2/3 of the pack usually only know *one* quick line and won't miss to trade some paint in order to claim the right to stay on that very line)

I'd sure love some more, narrower road courses that have a little more flow and a bunch of extra-versatile corners thrown into them, a few more undulations in the surface, much lower over-all speed (to reward good handling & race-craft above all else). Fern Bay is just not enough. That said, the lfs-devs always gave us the advise to try out other games/sims before we bore ourselves to death.

Other than that: Still the user interface is one of the best in the business, netcode is good and stable (once again, after those crackers were coded out of their amok-appearances), even physics were once so far ahead of nearly everyone else, they still feel "very near to the real thing", today.

So far for now:
And please, let's not abuse statistics to the extreme when we discuss our share our points of view!

Cheers!
Great post, Doctor
a smooth over updates on textures, maybe actually release rockingham since its already been used for private events at the track its self.

no idea why im posting here because its pointless.. devs dont keep you updated enough nor do they care what we think
Quote from xtraction :no idea why im posting here because its pointless.. devs dont keep you updated enough nor do they care what we think

Go back to cruise...

Oh wait, you're already there! Online at: [TC] CityDriving One
Quote from Sobis :Go back to cruise...

Your point being?

And to answer the topic question, a mountain pass would keep me satisfied for a long while.
Quote from Sobis :Go back to cruise...

you and your you! ohh you.
#48 - Be2K
Nice Arguments DrBen!

There must come even more Changes to LFS. They already said that the SC and Rockingham arent the only Content which will come to LFS, but the time wont stop until they released it.

Over the Years there could be done so much more for LFS to make it even better. Neither the Physics will rescue LFS from now on.
RB4 GTR would be nice!
8 years without new cars and tracks is something incomprehensible.

Recruiting 2 or 3 new devs just to make new content is the logical next step.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG