The online racing simulator
Nope, message is shown ingame too.
And it's probably set to something like 100 physics objects or so.
And you cannot set it locally for your PC (ie. increase it) - reason is you could hit a tyre or some other 'movable' object which would alter your path, while it may show for a fraction of second differently on someone else PC if they had lower threshold for number of physics objects (ie. they wouldn't see that object).
Quote from Scawen :The difference is that instead of being "serial offenders" they will just have to do the right thing.

Glad to see you active in the forums again. Hopefully the immature/selfish/negative posts will not deter you from continuing to engage in productive/healthy discussion with the fans.

My driving is very rusty, but once I improve my skills a bit offline, I'm looking forward to racing online again. And looking forward to more updates.... whenever they come.
First time saw this bug-green lights when joined server, but it wasnt real green lights.
Attached files
WE1R_race_6L_17R_0F.mpr - 233.9 KB - 200 views
Litro, I see it too. By the way I noticed that picture that sometimes appear when I join hosts. I don't know the reason : maybe it'scustom textures, maybe slow pc, maybe lfs bug. Reply if you had same problem.

All three screenshots from the same view.
Attached images
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
Quote from [Audi TT] :Why can not I select a skin with the name in Chinese, or Japanese?
and
Please remove the auto-connect to the server, if you are disconnected the host because of vob-mode.

Probably because those require whatever is trying to read their paths to have the ability to process "MULTIBYTE" characters in the unicode table.

Unlike most languages, Japanese characters tend to have 2 or more bytes per character instead of one, and so reading a string expecting only english or single byte character paths or such - will result in inaccurate return of characters...

In otherwords - either your OS is not configured/enabled to support unicode paths by default ( such as those sold in Japan ), or the software does not support Unicode-Multibyte characters when reading from file.

Don't confuse this with Kana characters visible in game - they are just sprites ate the end of the day - as how most Font Rendering takes place in most games - however the game engine itself supports Multibyte characters within the game itself.

Basically - it could be that - even though LFS supports communication in any language via support of unicode, the IO operations that read from disk probably don't when Multibyte characters are encountered.
NTFS supports utf-16 filename
scawen when will s3 Will soon
When Lerts return with rallypack on his crispy bicycle.
Quote from mario991 :scawen when will s3 Will soon

Never...
My Personaly Opinion is: LfS is Dead.
Quote from Sobis :k, now you can leave.

If you dont want to hear that then dont read it!
I wait but i dont have any hope.
Quote from Stölzel :If you dont want to hear that then dont read it!

if you believe that then why be here, its most likely that your passion for playing lfs is dead.i see many racers daily online,on both demo(most) and also on s2(bit less than demo) but still some and recently ive noticed a little increase in new licensed racers on our servers daily.

development being dead and lfs being dead is two seperate things. while racers are still racing online its alive
Quote from Stölzel :My Personaly Opinion is: LfS is Dead.

Then why don't you delete your account? You don't need it for dead simulator. Or maybe you still have some hope too?
live with it!
Quote from Eclipsed :Then why don't you delete your account? You don't need it for dead simulator. Or maybe you still have some hope too?

He's keeping the account for his grandchildren like everyone else
Speak for yourself.
Quote from Stölzel :If you dont want to hear that then dont read it!

why dont you actually try lfs or at least have a go online. you have tried it very very little with 6747 laps since 2003 and the last time being nov 2012 and you never know you probably wont have such an incorrect opinion.

i accept that everyone has a right to an opinion regardless of laps driven,but id say that it adds strength to they're view if they had given it a chance

it would seem that lfs hasnt really ever been an interest to you and most likely because you had problems becoming fast.which isnt a problem in itself but sad if you dislike lfs because of skill issues
Quote from bishtop :...you have tried it very very little with 6747 laps since 2003 and the last time being nov 2012 and you never know you probably wont have such an incorrect opinion...

The fact remains, he has been around for much longer than you have in the LFS scene and therefore also knows how much better things used to be in the old days, back when the development wasn't stagnated.

Since when are laps some kind of indication of skill, or more to the point, whether or not a persons opinion and thoughts are valid or not anyhow? As far as I know, offline stats/hotlap mileage still aren't being pushed to LFSW either.

Stölzel better go do 50000 laps at Kyoto Oval ASAP!

Quote from Matrixi :back when the development wasn't stagnated.

Just because YOU don't have access to the development, doesn't mean that its stagnated.
The community doesn't have access, you mean.

If a handful of beta testers have a new version, that's hardly helpful to keep the spirits high in the community - which indie games rely on.
Quote from Matrixi :The fact remains, he has been around for much longer than you have in the LFS scene and therefore also knows how much better things used to be in the old days, back when the development wasn't stagnated.

Since when are laps some kind of indication of skill, or more to the point, whether or not a persons opinion and thoughts are valid or not anyhow? As far as I know, offline stats/hotlap mileage still aren't being pushed to LFSW either.

Stölzel better go do 50000 laps at Kyoto Oval ASAP!

lol ive done that on blackwood with fbm alone since 2010 and if what i was saying based on what your proposing then id say that ive won ,so good luck.take a look at the stats yourself of licensed racers and they shows that nothing has changed much since back then. it shows its best time was probably 2006ish which it decreases a bit between then and now but still with that decrease its higher than 2003-6

2003-present

http://www.lfsworld.net/?win=h ... censed_history&t=3850

there is an increase comparing the present day and 2003 itself with the only really noticable time where it was that much higher was approx 2006-2007

i only bring stats into it when i believe it shows that its most probable that if s3 was released you would find something to pick at because its obvious you have no interest in online racing or very little.il say that for you also an average of 23 laps a year online over the past 10 years shows you know little about lfs online unless you just sit there without racing if the following is your account, im sure if it was good for back in the day then why didnt you play it that much

http://www.lfsworld.net/?win=stats&racer=Matrixi

the lowest lap-year and race-win ratio so i can kind of understand why you do not like lfs but neverless you are entitled an opinion the same as everyone just never try and say that you have ever really given lfs a chance though
Quote from bishtop :l
i only bring stats into it when i believe it shows that its most probable that if s3 was released you would find something to pick at because its obvious you have no interest in online racing or very little.il say that for you also an average of 23 laps a year online over the past 10 years shows you know little about lfs online unless you just sit there without racing if the following is your account, im sure if it was good for back in the day then why didnt you play it that much

Yes because 23 x 10 = 23064
Quote from bishtop :lol ive done that on blackwood with fbm alone since 2010 and if what i was saying based on what your proposing then id say that ive won ,so good luck.take a look at the stats yourself of licensed racers and they shows that nothing has changed much since back then. it shows its best time was probably 2006ish which it decreases a bit between then and now but still with that decrease its higher than 2003-6

2003-present

http://www.lfsworld.net/?win=h ... censed_history&t=3850

there is an increase comparing the present day and 2003 itself with the only really noticable time where it was that much higher was approx 2006-2007

This has nothing to do with the fact that you're attacking people purely based on their LFSW stats who are expressing their opinions. The thing that really annoys me are the "newbies" jumping in on the old dogs who have contributed to LFS in the form of leagues, organised races, drift events, movies, screenshots, servers, plugins, advertising... it's like telling your old man how to bang a woman.

Quote from bishtop :i only bring stats into it when i believe it shows that its most probable that if s3 was released you would find something to pick at because its obvious you have no interest in online racing or very little.il say that for you also an average of 23 laps a year online over the past 10 years shows you know little about lfs online unless you just sit there without racing if the following is your account, im sure if it was good for back in the day then why didnt you play it that much

I've done most of my laps in 2004-2007, when LFS along with its community was living its golden years. You really should get your head out of the sand, start thinking straight and take some more math skill lessons, because it seems to be quite badly lacking as sinbad pointed out.

Quote from bishtop :
http://www.lfsworld.net/?win=stats&racer=Matrixi

the lowest lap-year and race-win ratio so i can kind of understand why you do not like lfs but neverless you are entitled an opinion the same as everyone just never try and say that you have ever really given lfs a chance though

Funny enough that a drifter doesn't complete many races. If you insist on hanging to pointless stats, you should rather focus on races finished/won ratio. Judging someone by how many laps or races he has done is one of the most stupid things I have seen on this forum for a long time.
-
(CarlLefrancois) DELETED by Flame CZE : off-topic
-
(CheerioDM) DELETED by Flame CZE : off-topic

New Version : 0.6E
(618 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG