The online racing simulator
Optional sirens into car
(65 posts, started )

Poll : Want sirens into LFS?

Yes.
No, why?
Quote from Forbin :Frankly, I'm a bit annoyed by the emphasis racing sims place on emulating real life, namely real life cars, real life tracks, real life procedures (e.g. safety car). All that does is limit creativity and diminish the purity of the experience. You have this totally open world where anything is possible. Just apply proper physics so everything feels right, and go from there.

That works when you want to create something new. If you want to simulate then, by definition, you imitate real world features. I don't care about real cars, real tracks, etc - but putting forward the safety hazards as an example like you did left it open to debate as to what features (graphical or otherwise) that are already incorporated into LFS would be necessary.

Personally "sirens", strobes and cherry tops are not what I'd care to see. If some league wants to implement a safety car feature it's up to them to do it - just use a skin that stands out and you're set.
if you want flashing lights why not try the Need for Speed game that had police cars in it.
Not road racing is it
Quote from Jonathon.provost :WTF are you talking about you don't even know what race it was
and actually that driver didn't even win

WTF in most autosports if you roll the car you DNF (unless you somehow can drive it away)
but stupid thread is stupid :/
Quote from boothy :In which series in real life have you seen with a siren on the SC?

i think he means the flashlights for like a SC but its never gonna happen
I think LFS'ers are getting too picky with the suggestions in this forum....if you can sit here and say that flashing lights and sirens on a pace car is unrealistic for a driving simulator, then you need to pull your head out of your arse and watch a real race sometime

Quote from xaotik :
Personally "sirens", strobes and cherry tops are not what I'd care to see. If some league wants to implement a safety car feature it's up to them to do it - just use a skin that stands out and you're set.

I can understand this, but it begs the question - who cares what you care to see? This is not Live for Xaotik's Speed. What you'd care to see and what should be included as an option in a RACE simulator are two totally different things.
i want police cars fir cruise pls sirens
pls spike strips
pls Silverstone and Rockingham.
pls Jupiter
Seems like more people voted for yes, which means we really need this.

Eric, please add this.
Quote from racer autov8 :So I mean when these sirens are selected in car setup like selecting open roof, the sirens look like in this picture: (deleted) then the horn are siren and when pressing 9 it's start siren... I wonder... What you guys think in my idea?

No - this is a racing simulator.

That kind of feature would only used by server's with certain extra capabilities scripted in - such as cruise servers.

It would be better to instead have maybe server side scripts that can add certain abilities to certain cars/players that would trigger a server side resource stream instead ( such as a siren noise ) - for such purposes that have absolutely nothing to do with racing sims.
Can i pls have a Lazer on mah roof so i can go shoop da woop firin' mah lazer?
!showlaser

Optional sirens into car
(65 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG