The online racing simulator
Quote from Franky.S :im not sure the prices of these new cards so i would say 50-60euro ?

I would say atleast double that if you want to play more than just tetris.
Nice preview by ISR.. i'm hyped, and nice that LFS gets some mention, it never gets it ffs, anywhere.
Quote from Boris Lozac :Nice preview by ISR.. i'm hyped, and nice that LFS gets some mention, it never gets it ffs, anywhere.

Around which minutes did LFS get mentioned? I skipped through it a little bit because I can't stand these ISR idiots.
Quote from Bose321 :I would say atleast double that if you want to play more than just tetris.

what would 120 euro get me?
GTX 460 for example i think, or 560. I have a 460 and 100fps it tells me, although sometimes there are slight stutters, but i guess with that inbuilt fps report they'll fix it.

And if the game runs like this with other cars and good netcode, this isa keeper xD. Great fun the first 30 laps... I already made fantastic laptimes of 1.28.xx

Quote from Bose321 :Around which minutes did LFS get mentioned? I skipped through it a little bit because I can't stand these ISR idiots.

they've mentioned LFS while counting all sims/developers that are current or at least promising, somewhere at the end conclusion
Quote from Franky.S :what would 120 euro get me?

Not a whole lot. Radeon 7770 or something like that. I would avoid Nvidia at that price range, they only start to become good around 280€ (660 Ti).

Use this: http://www.hwcompare.com
Runs fine on my system

i5-25k (stock)
8gb ram
GTX570soc 1,2gb ram

1920x1080 and medium settings = ~90fps
Economy really that bad in Italy Franky? I wouldn't go bellow 6870 now. But what CPU do you have?
Quote from Boris Lozac :Economy really that bad in Italy Franky? I wouldn't go bellow 6870 now. But what CPU do you have?

my cpu is terrible. my pc is terrible. only thing i upgrade was ram and graphics card. but it seems it cant take nvidia cards.

so whats the same as the one i linked? i have no idea about this stuff.
Well if everything else is old in the PC i don't think a new graphics card would help, i don't evern think you can plug it in (you must have PCI Express slot)
Quote from Boris Lozac :Well if everything else is old in the PC i don't think a new graphics card would help, i don't evern think you can plug it in (you must have PCI Express slot)

i think i do?

well. with iracing i get 50-60fps on medium with no sutter. on raceroom i play on low 50fps. lfs high settings 70-100 fps.

the only thing is my cpu i think. but it seems my card can handle on its own

edit; to stop offtopic im a go make topic in the hardware forum.
-
(Franky.S) DELETED by Franky.S
just wondering if there are alot more people on NKPro servers now that people are buying so they can try tech preview?
Tango
~20 people online currently. So no change at all really :P Everyone too busy playing AC.
seems sad that nkpro has one of the best tyre models and is yet spoilt by a mediocre online experience.ive noticed that there is still alot more people prefering slicks and wings compared to the `slower,more realistic` cars which are alot more fun to drive.
Tango
Quote from Boris Lozac :The downshift sound is very bad, hope they improve on that..

What's bad? It's a gear grind when not fully pressing the clutch under shifting down and blipping in the gear.
Quote from Bose321 :
Quote from luchian :
and especially how he was fascinated by the AI behavior and capacity to "learn".

I can appreciate a good troll.

Unless you were referring to yourself, you could give THIS a read.
Quote from baSh0r :What's bad? It's a gear grind when not fully pressing the clutch under shifting down and blipping in the gear.

Oh, didn't thought about that..
Quote from Franky.S :so guys.

whenever i click start engine i get this:

what is this? how do i fix it? and why is it stopping me from playing?

You don't have DX11. The clue is in the error.
Quote from Boris Lozac :Oh, didn't thought about that..

It's also quite dynamic, so when you try to downshift w/o clutch and don't revmatch exactly sometimes you get a long grind, the gear wont go in etc.
Quote from luchian :Unless you were referring to yourself, you could give THIS a read.

I'm flattered, but I meant Kunos.
Quote from luchian :There is no such thing.. a high end graphics card requires around 200W. The 400W is the required power for a complete system running a GTX650 and basic components.

I, for example, am running a Q6600 + GTX670 on an old PSU (5 years) of 500W.

OK, my bad that I did misunderstand. The thing is you've discovered that new, high end cards use ~200 W, GTX650-E just 60W. It's a massive difference and you won't need any additional PCIe connector for additional power. That's less head ache and this economic card seems to be as powerful as basic GTX650. With pretty same Mhz bandwidth
Quote from Bose321 :I'm flattered, but I meant Kunos.

I think you're missing the point. LFS AI, when it still had the learning function, wasn't fast (and it still isn't) but there was nothing else like it out there, not sure if there even still is. An AI that learns to drive faster depending on its previous experience... if you know programming, you'll understand how impressive that is. It's just a pity, that it didn't make it quick enough. Maybe with more work to the AI it could have, but I guess we won't be finding out.

Kunos appreciated the different take at AI that LFS had compared to all other sims, not its speed.
And why was that removed again? I'm not familiar with the history of LFS.

Kunos Simulazioni - Assetto Corsa
(8871 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG