The online racing simulator
I used it last night already and it worked perfectly. Tried to go drive again today, it doesn't work. Using legal nK Pro license..
It actually mentions somewhere that without a key the game will load but input won't be accepted. Didn't NKP do basically the same thing? Not worth driving it with the Keyboard anyway.

Tweaked the feeling with my Fanatec GT3, have settled on an FFB gain setting of about 65%, this gives me a really nice light, fast, but informative feeling through the wheel. Fantastic feeling of weight transfer that I've never felt in a sim before. This is the first thing I've driven since LFS which has sucha natural feeling and lets me drive purely by feel, catching slides feels like second nature, rather than iRacing where I basically need to guess when it's going to slide and catch it first.

Any of you sim-racers, stump up the €5 and support Kunos, and you won't regret it. We're all still LFS fans purely because of the driving feel. This is a natural successor, purely going on feel for me.
Anyone know how to to get the GUI up when ingame to show laptimes/gear/speed stuff like that?
FFS, buy netKar or wait for the Demo.

Christ, I'm no angel, but cracking the work of small indie companies is just pathetic.
Quote from DeKo :It actually mentions somewhere that without a key the game will load but input won't be accepted. Didn't NKP do basically the same thing? Not worth driving it with the Keyboard anyway.

I have the key though, and it worked perfectly last night. Now out of nowhere it stopped working.
There is a sliding menu at the right edge of the screen, while on track. It's really annoying with mouse steering..
Quote from The Moose :FFS, buy netKar or wait for the Demo.

Christ, I'm no angel, but cracking the work of small indie companies is just pathetic.

Especially when it's this good.

Hahmo, I'm sorry it's not working at the moment but this is the whole point of the tech preview, testing the licensing system and bug reporting. Tell Kunos it's not working, not us.
Quote from The Moose :FFS, buy netKar or wait for the Demo.

Wouln't exactly label this as hacking, a demo which they shoudl've released to everyone anyway, not just nkp users.
When I run it via ASC.exe I get just 10fps which is really suprising me. Dunno how that FPS drop appears...
Quote from Boris Lozac :Wouln't exactly label this as hacking, a demo which they shoudl've released to everyone anyway, not just nkp users.

The whole point of this Tech Preview was to test the licensing system. Stop being an entitled child. What kind of self-respecting sim racer doesn't have a copy of NKP anyway?
Quote from Boris Lozac :Wouln't exactly label this as hacking, a demo which they shoudl've released to everyone anyway, not just nkp users.

It's not the demo though is it? The demo will be released to everyone.

This is more like a limited beta test of the engine, which they can release to whoever they bloody well like.

Quote from DeKo :The whole point of this Tech Preview was to test the licensing system. Stop being an entitled child. What kind of self-respecting sim racer doesn't have a copy of NKP anyway?

Exactly.

This whole "I'm entitled to whatever I want" attitude really ****s me off.
Quote from DeKo :Fantastic feeling of weight transfer that I've never felt in a sim before. This is the first thing I've driven since LFS which has sucha natural feeling and lets me drive purely by feel, catching slides feels like second nature, rather than iRacing where I basically need to guess when it's going to slide and catch it first.

Agreed. This is far better than I expected. Feels very LFS'y (more so than anything before) which is great. I think we're on to a winner sim here! Now modders, give us nürb for the demo!

Mandatory drift screenshot.
Attached images
assorsa.jpg
Quote from deko :the whole point of this tech preview was to test the licensing system. stop being an entitled child. What kind of self-respecting sim racer doesn't have a copy of nkp anyway?

+1
OMG, I wasn't crying or anything, relax people Just the whole time of them hyping the tech preview I wasn't aware that it's only for nKP users, hence my dissapointment..
Don't mind waiting for the official one, enjoy you lucky bastards.
I saved a replay. Now how do I open it? (I'm not talking about the esc - replay right after I drove)

I like it so far.

E: Setting reflections to max causes a dramatic drop in FPS, from 50-60 to 8-9. I'm using these settings now. 40-50 with HDR on. So it still looks pretty nice. (i3-3220, HD770 1GB)

Seems like 512mb VGAs have an issue, when it runs out of memory FPS drops, my mate just informed me. Quite GPU hungry it is.
Feels nothing like LFS, closer to a mix of iRacing and nKP.

So far:
- UI is nice, but lacking some options that are present in ini files (FoV, steering linearity).
- UI button animation is annoying for two reasons 1) there is a delay and 2) the position of the button changes from where it was when I hovered over it. Solution: remove delay, keep buttons where they initially are, keep some sort of animation.
- Lack of mouse steering option is puzzling. Keyboard controls are there, so it's not because 'too arcade', and nKP has supported mouse steering for a long time now.
- Got mouse steering and shifting to work with ppjoy+glovepie (as a wheel and pedals), steering linearity in the ini file seems to work.
- Says average FPS is 70-ish, I have everything turned off / minimum. i5-3210m and 630m. That's not too bad, but there are drops and 30 FPS is completely unplayable.
- What's with the automatic clutch??
- Please for the love of Pete add a 'lock UI' option for mousers (when mouse support is added). Currently it's *extremely* easy to accidentally open the menu, click something or drag something during normal steering and shifting operations.
Quote from NotAnIllusion :Feels nothing like LFS, closer to a mix of iRacing and nKP.

Just wondering, did you play it only with a mouse, or with a wheel too?
Quote from NotAnIllusion :
- Lack of mouse steering option is puzzling. Keyboard controls are there, so it's not because 'too arcade', and nKP has supported mouse steering for a long time now.
- What's with the automatic clutch??
- Please for the love of Pete add a 'lock UI' option for mousers (when mouse support is added). Currently it's *extremely* easy to accidentally open the menu, click something or drag something during normal steering and shifting operations.

Mouse steering is being worked on, it didn't make it into the preview (according to Kunos), but it will be in for v1.0
All of them with mouse and keyboard. The only sim that I've used a wheel with is LFS. LFS feels quite different to GTL, GTR/2, PnG mod, iRacing, nKP, AC in my opinion.
Gah took several tries to just download the friggin .torrent

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:1436B7880EBCA01A753DFA46CDD3D983207FBCF8&dn=setup_actp.exe&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.openbittorrent.com%3a80%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.publicbt.com%3a80%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.ccc.de%3a80%2fannounce

Attached files
setup_actp.exe.torrent.zip - 20 KB - 323 views
Quote from Matrixi :Agreed. This is far better than I expected. Feels very LFS'y (more so than anything before) which is great. I think we're on to a winner sim here! Now modders, give us nürb for the demo!

Mandatory drift screenshot.

Could you make a drift vid, MrTeeh?
Maybe next week, need new GPU first to make use of triple screens.

Kunos Simulazioni - Assetto Corsa
(8871 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG