The online racing simulator
Quote from BlueFlame :That's the most retarded thing I've ever seen.

You would just multiply 2.8 by 26. Algebra isn't needed but I'll be honest, other than x representing % I have no idea what the x is doing there.

Wow, I put it wrong on purpose thinking you would calculate it with your idiotic logic.

But it is actually 25 * 2.8 + 1.
Quote from BlueFlame :And in response to Jack : So give me an example of when YOU found algebra to be of any use in realistic practice?

It's handy for working out which is the better deal in shops when they don't mark the price signs with equivalent price information. Say, for example, you want to buy some cans of juice. You can get a 6 pack with 50% extra free for £2.75 or you can get a 12 pack for £4.50. The price signs don't give you a figure like "10p per 100ml". Which is the better deal?
Quote from bmwe30m3 :BlueFlame, lets take it like this then:

2*apples=(360 apples/4 apples)
1. we do brackets first so 360 apples/4 apples = 90 apples
2. we know that 2*the amount of apples is the amount that we want to know
3. 2* the amount of the apples is 90 apples, to know the amount we want to know, we divide it by 2.
4. so if 2*apples is 90, then we get that 90/2=45
5. so the amount of apples is 45.

Ok, call me stupid, but this is actually a way I understand.
Attached images
3478fb201ba05d64db4702c506e255a9.gif
Quote from BlueFlame :That's the most retarded thing I've ever seen.

You would just multiply 2.8 by 26. Algebra isn't needed but I'll be honest, other than x representing % I have no idea what the x is doing there.

By doing that you will calculate the fuel for 26 laps (72.8%), but the purpose was to add 1% of fuel, not 2.8% (which is one lap), to be safe. 25x2.8=70+1=71. That's why you need to multiply first.
Quote from Taavi(EST) :By doing that you will calculate the fuel for 26 laps (72.8%), but the purpose was to add 1% of fuel, not 2.8% (which is one lap), to be safe. 25x2.8=70+1=71. That's why you need to multiply first.

Then just take away 1.8 at the end.
I reiterate:

Few have answered sarcastically. We've all been rather helpful at actually trying to teach you how to get the correct answer.
Quote from amp88 :My answer above wasn't sarcastic. Are you going to ignore it or comment on it?

I didn't ignore it, I just don't have a comment for it.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Few have answered sarcastically. We've all been rather helpful at actually trying to teach you how to get the correct answer.

No, I was met with ridicule because I'm not subject to somebody else's method, I learn purely on my own and lets be honest, you would all agree that I would probably only listen to myself anyway.

I'm not subject to what other people say is correct, I find out for myself and if I'm wrong in the process I don't care. I won't learn and practice someone else's flawed method or mistake.
Quote from BlueFlame :No, I was met with ridicule because I'm not subject to somebody else's method, I learn purely on my own and lets be honest, you would all agree that I would probably only listen to myself anyway.

I'm not subject to what other people say is correct, I find out for myself and if I'm wrong in the process I don't care. I won't learn and practice someone else's flawed method or mistake.

Except it isn't flawed. A safe assumption with life is that a lot of things were designed and figured out by people smarter than ourselves.

To buck the trend because we want to do our own thing on our own is only a good idea when we are confident that we are at least as intelligent or more intelligent than the person that initially made the theory.

That's not to say that you shouldn't question life or challenge other concepts, but when there's no logical reason why you would question that concept... what's the point.
@ blueflame

lol man you're something else aren't you I admitted i have never encountered that kind of math assignment (or i don't remember it from highschool) when there's nothing beatween 2 and X, but you actually argued on 4 pages that you're right?
Well shotglass, if thou art more intelligent than thee, then you should cut slack
Guys, lets get this thread back on track shall we

FYI also, I do not play basketball /r/tall
Attached images
weather.png
kzZbW.jpg
This is funny to you? Ever wonder why Finnish comedy isn't translated to English?
Quote from flymike91 :This is funny to you? Ever wonder why Finnish comedy isn't translated to English?

awwww what's offended you now? Obama stolen your guns?

The Inevitable Picture Thread IV: A New Funny
(3741 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG